Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Me and you both.

And it’s important that you point this out to the other partner at least weekly as well. ;)
So true.

My wife is a prototype of the sexy nerd. Good for me, though, because I have to work hard to keep up.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well in every relationship one person marries up and one marries down. It’s important for the person that marries up to realize they are the one who married up.......GP, I’m looking at you. ;)
My wife is very clear that she doesn't agree with that concept. She's way outta my league on some things, for sure. Please don't ever ask me anything about spherical four-bar linkages.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh my, I am a little concerned...

At work thinks are shaking like a 8.5 Earthquake.

One manager is out on a medical leave, another quit....
the director left for greener pastures as well (insider trading? Did he know something we didn't, and ditched the sinking ship?).

So, the assitant director - relatively new to the position moved into the top slot.
More power to her, except, she is like a bull in a china shop....

Now, mind you, with over 20 years here in the South, I still don't get the Southern Belle thing.
Things that others feel incredibly rude tend to go straight over my head. I also often miss the right verbage to avoid stomping on toes...
And I find this woman insufferably crass and blunt....

I forgot to mention, she moved from second to first shift....
And gives us the 'we are one team' speech at any chance, when first has to pick up the slack from second, nearly daily.

So she got onto one lady, about this, and that, clocking in early - as if that mattered a damn in the long run - then the lady comes in, called from a department on her floor, they needed stuff done STAT....
Lady grumbles over 'having to do 2nd shift's job'
And boss lady starts in on her about this teamwork crap....we just have to pick up the slack, etc....(we do, but 2nd pitches an ungodly fit over having to catch some of our leftovers...)

I see the steam coming out of my coworker's ears.....I try to calm her down....
And suddenly she gets up, puts her badge on keys on the table 'you have to find somebody else to do this!'

<jaw drop>

oh well, I muddle my way through, had 6 days off, and yesterday I get the news, another one bit the dust...

One of the managers quit.

Tomorrow will be so much fun...

Alas....here is the real sticky point.
Hubby has some crazy dreams - always has.
"Uh, Honey, I hope this isn't a premonition, but I dreamed you called me, crying, telling em you were on your way home, by 10 o'clock"

So, people, keep your fingers crossed for me, that I had enough R&R to not getting myself into trouble tomorrow....

(I should have done some scouting over the week....plan an exit strategy....)
Oh dear... don't you just love it when yet another person is promoted to the lowest level of her mediocrity? Get out of there if you can - as quickly as you can. <fingers crossed>

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
My wife is very clear that she doesn't agree with that concept. She's way outta my league on some things, for sure. Please don't ever ask me anything about spherical four-bar linkages.
<rolls eyes> That's computerized kinematic analysis of spherical four-bar linkages. Sheesh.... it's not THAT complicated! :p

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well in every relationship one person marries up and one marries down. It’s important for the person that marries up to realize they are the one who married up.......GP, I’m looking at you. ;)
Nah, some things balance out. I might speak three languages and be able to explain the effect of surface roughness of the fluid conduit on the rate of heat transfer, but he is a black belt and has WAY better kicks.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Per Mrs Xue..... I had to come up to her level ...on everything...except being a marital arts crazy.... that she just overlooks :D

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah. Complicated kinesiology of link sausage. That’s what I said.
You know.... this reminds me of the sci fi virtual reality story The Upper Room. In it, a guy requests to sign up for a very specific, erotically focused virtual adventure. The woman in charge of the client services tells him, "You must understand. This program is not for just anyone. It is intended for married men seeking to improve their level of intimacy through frank exploration of their sexuality." To which he replies, "That's me! A married man seeking to improve Frank's intimacy through exploration."

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well in every relationship one person marries up and one marries down.
i dont think i agree with this. i think me and my wife are pretty much equal. if there is a discrepancy it would be very small.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I never paid a credit card bill late, never carried a balance on a credit card. Not once, ever. Recently, certain cards I have have asked me in an e-mail to update my income information by calling or clicking on a provided link. I know it's legit from the card companies, but I don't call or use their link, I just hit reply to the e-mail itself and give them one word. "No"

Now they write explaining that perhaps I don't understand...then I responded with, "Yes, I do understand, completely, and again, NO, now please go F yourself."

I wonder what response I'll get next?

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I never paid a credit card bill late, never carried a balance on a credit card. Not once, ever. Recently, certain cards I have have asked me in an e-mail to update my income information by calling or clicking on a provided link. I know it's legit from the card companies, but I don't call or use their link, I just hit reply to the e-mail itself and give them one word. "No"

Now they write explaining that perhaps I don't understand...then I responded with, "Yes, I do understand, completely, and again, NO, now please go F yourself."

I wonder what response I'll get next?
"Not interested. Go away. I don't like you."

You can always put the e-mail address on the junk list. And tell them you have done so. In case not getting any response doesn't quite sink in. ;)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Need a consultant?
Can't afford you! :)

But on the bright side, Today was not horrible.

My equipment was not where it was supposed to be, and I started like an hour and a half late because of it, but only stayed 30 min over....

And did not cuss.

But tomorrow is another day, right! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.