Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Im not sure what temperature it is cause I dont pay attention to the news or any of that other stuff. However I do know its cold

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
not to bad here today compared to other parts of the country....and compared to how it will likely be here in January and February

30F, with wind-chill 18F

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It was actual 19 degrees here this morning.
Man was that cold!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well, we got our 3 inches of snow last night. Thank god the blizzard is past us and now we can all go on with our lives. We had snow on the ground for what must have been 12 hours. But you will all be pleased to learn that all is well. There is no cause for alarm. I have my "I survived Snowmeggedon 2016" button and things are back to normal.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
We're in the midst of a storm as well. Going to be a damp day.

original-50258da2f4eabd6fb1c00db6d8876a63.jpg

I'ts barely breaking seventy degrees right now. Oh, the humanity!

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Buka, I may have to kill you.

Or come sleep on your couch for a few weeks. One or the other.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
FINALLY!!!!! Yes, yes that was cold....not your usual its 50 and cold like you have been known to post......sheesh...it took long enough :D

Probably by Christmas we will be back to 90.... <eyeroll> this year was just nuts, weather wise.
And we finally got some rain.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Probably by Christmas we will be back to 90.... <eyeroll> this year was just nuts, weather wise.
And we finally got some rain.

it is actually supposed to get to 19F tonight here....but by next Friday...if the weather is right.... that will be warm...16F during the day and 6F at night next Friday

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been freezing all day. It only got to 46F today.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Buka, I may have to kill you.

Or come sleep on your couch for a few weeks. One or the other.

If I had a couch, I'd make it up for you right now, bro. But this rental house (doll house) is only for a few years. (stay tuned)

As for the winter - spent fifty of the damn things in New England. I'm still cold. But it wasn't even the cold. There's a weather condition there known as "raw". (bone chilling, call the paramedics (guys like you ;))
Ugliest damn word in the English language. Sometimes it's raw when the temp is in the forties. Other times it's raw in the snow. These two shots, when it was raw, are from February of last year.

I know I parked my car here....somewhere.
original-1cdd554965593612ac5802fd1218d359.jpg

original-ae3a59c118792dd4df83ef9ce4b69fe0.jpg

I love New England. But if I had stayed, I would have been dead in two years. That's how bad the cold was affecting me.
But I didn't. :)

Last edited:

Ademadis

Green Belt
Reaction score
I love New England. But if I had stayed, I would have been dead in two years. That's how bad the cold was affecting me.

Come to England England and I can guarantee there's a 75% chance that you'll never see a snowflake ever again ;)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
If I had a couch, I'd make it up for you right now, bro. But this rental house (doll house) is only for a few years. (stay tuned)

As for the winter - spent fifty of the damn things in New England. I'm still cold. But it wasn't even the cold. There's a weather condition there known as "raw". (bone chilling, call the paramedics (guys like you ;))
Ugliest damn word in the English language. Sometimes it's raw when the temp is in the forties. Other times it's raw in the snow. These two shots, when it was raw, are from February of last year.

I know I parked my car here....somewhere.
original-1cdd554965593612ac5802fd1218d359.jpg

original-ae3a59c118792dd4df83ef9ce4b69fe0.jpg

I miss New England Winters....says he guy living in the Adirondacks :)

We have some sort of freezing humidity here. try and move your car before it is warm and your windows freeze up all over again.

Went snow shoeing in the upper Adirondacks one winter..... the binding came lose on one of my shoes, and it came off, I sunk into the snow up to my hip on that leg.... did not hit the ground. Broke a 4 foot long branch off a tree to help me get up. I pushed it into the show and I was past my elbow when the damn thing hit the ground. Got my leg out and crawled up an embankment to get to a road... that once at the top of the embankment I had to step down to the road.... first winter here, if snowed the entire last week of January, then we got freezing rain the first week of February. Had 2 feet of snow on the ground with a 1 inch thick coating of ice on top......I miss New England winters :)

And with that said...tis the season.... all the junk food has returned to work and of course they are forcing me to eat it...and the acid reflux has returned..... time to cut this out now.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Come to England England and I can guarantee there's a 75% chance that you'll never see a snowflake ever again ;)

He moved to Hawaii, where he will not only never see a snowflake, but he will actually see the sun.
When I lived in England, visitors would ask "When is summer???" and the usual reply was "Well, last year it was on a Tuesday..."

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Actually....there's snow on the Big Island every winter.

Hawaii's Big Island Peaks See Heavy Early December Snow

But, here on Maui, Haleakala volcano (my favorite spot on earth) gets snow about once every ten years. The last time I saw it was in 03.

original-a91e46bf3d3e3c10b85982c295d11e62.jpg

The coolest part about it is - everyone takes their young kids up the mountain when that happens, because the kids have only seen snow on TV. It's a traffic jam going up the mountain. We go up to watch the kids make and throw their first snowballs, make their first snowmen. Their laughter and the look on their faces is wonderfully sweet.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Raw... SUCKS. I always find that it feels colder when the temps in the mid 30s to low 40s, with humidity, than when the temps are in the teens and 20s...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions