Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope you feel better for the class. All I have is an eye appointment and of course I should probably go back to work too.

I am feeling better, but I actually fell asleep at my daughters piano lesson this evening and that has not happened before. But prior to that I felt awful, but a 15 minute nap and i felt better. See how things are in the morning.
I went to bed at 7:30 PM - about 3 hours earlier than usual. Feeling more myself already.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Walked fifty miles at work last week, walked over sixty five this week. My knees are swollen and hurt really bad, I can barely walk today.

I'm a complete jackass. Ah well, no fool like an old fool.
My knees hurt just reading that, Buka. Hope yours get feeling better soon!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Signed up for DIRECTV Now service to see how well it works. Streaming tv service. No box, cable or dish. I'm intrigued by the possibility. I think this is 2 years from being the norm.
No box, cable, or dish?? What kind of voodoo is that, Steve?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Worked okay last night. I'm on a 7 day free trial.

So I'm considering cutting my cable to internet plus limited basic only. That would be about $75.

Hmmm. Will play around with this for a while to see if it actually saves me any money.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Some details/posts have cars, but I don't really care for any car details. I like being on the ground, close to people and potential problems. Kinda' what I'm used to.

They have those T3 things -

original-2b05cd488ef8db5ac4c776b6d282a8bf.jpg

But I really don't want any part of them. Heck, I can still run faster than those things can go. Already have, in fact. Besides, if they won't let me go Full Ben Hur and have a spear, well, you know. :)

I just have to learn to smarten up and chill. Probably the thrill of being back in the hunt and all that.
Those things are so uncool!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I thought I was getting better, but my fever came back - up over 100 degrees Farenheit now (my normal is below 98 degrees). Had to cancel class to avoid spreading it around.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well, I thought I was getting better, but my fever came back - up over 100 degrees Farenheit now (my normal is below 98 degrees). Had to cancel class to avoid spreading it around.

Feel better, my brother.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I live in the Adirondacks...Mrs Xue had to go to NYC today..... she takes her care in to the dealer religiously for service..... did just last week in fact..... so today when it was time to leave NYC..... her car would not start.... dead battery..... ever try and tell am upset, not listening to english, Chinese woman, how to jump start a car over the phone...and then explain to her that the next 4 hours you cannot shut off the car.... Me thinkest I need to discuss this with the dealership tomorrow.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This vid has it all. Dogs, chokes, punches, plaid shirts and a kangaroo.
Gotta' protect your pup.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Found out this morning that one of my neighbors has stomach cancer. Younger than me. He has four kids, youngest is 2. His 8 year old is my daughter's best friend. Pretty damned shitty. :(

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Walked half as much at work this week compared to last week. Found it less taxing on the knees. Going to try and stay at that clip for a while.

Last night was "foolish haole night" at the airport. (Haole - in Hawaii, a person who is not a native Hawaiian, especially a white person)
Worked the curb last night. 17 of them ran red lights right in front of me (eight hour shift) while people were walking in a cross walk. Almost hit some children.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Walked half as much at work this week compared to last week. Found it less taxing on the knees. Going to try and stay at that clip for a while.

Last night was "foolish haole night" at the airport. (Haole - in Hawaii, a person who is not a native Hawaiian, especially a white person)
Worked the curb last night. 17 of them ran red lights right in front of me (eight hour shift) while people were walking in a cross walk. Almost hit some children.
I gotta adopt Haole.....it sounds much better than A-Hole...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions