Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Never saw that before

did anyone know that paper cups full of water could catch on fire in a microwave..

2 paper cups for tea, one inside the other,
full of cold water,
put in microwave for 2 minutes,
take out, touch the lower side near the bottom and get burned,
Then watch a brown ring form around the bottom and it begins to smoke....
put in sink and run water on it.....

Tear cups apart
the inside cup bottom is ashes and the outside is a nice light brown to dark brown at the seam

Never had that happen before

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Wow, Xue, that's nuts.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
At work tonight I took a cruise through the various parking lots, there's been a few car break-ins lately.
When I came across this -

View attachment 21251

Man, LMAO!

Not as funny, but years ago, a manager at a hospital I was security at, came to me with a list and attitude, demanded that I do my job, that I OBVIOSLY was not doing, and go ticket all the cars on the list that did not have handicapped hang tags, that were in handicapped spots.

I asked him to come with me and asked him if he had any idea what the symbol
stock-vector-disabled-icon-handicapped-symbol-isolated-on-transparent-background-742716868.jpg

next to all the plate numbers he wrote down meant...... he just turned, walked away, and shut himself in his office.

I was a stickler for handicapped spots being used by those that did not have the permit to park there..... later realized I had ticked him for parking in a handicapped spot a couple weeks before

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Never saw that before

did anyone know that paper cups full of water could catch on fire in a microwave..

full of cold water,

Tear cups apart
the inside cup bottom is ashes and the outside is a nice light brown to dark brown at the seam

WOW! I would love to feed this one to my heat transfer professor and see what he says.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
His control did suck. He cranked my arm pretty hard in a hammerlock once. I managed to stop all his other overzealous responses.
I was only a yellow belt at the time of kneeing. One of these days you'll need to show you how to stop an overzealous response for this. If memory serves it was the upward smash break finish against a choke.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am home and wore out.

It was a good Mardi Gras. Probably the tamest Mardi Gras I’ve experienced. Not many fights or scuffles as years past.

This really felt like the safest French Quarters I’ve attended for people celebrating.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I am home and wore out.

It was a good Mardi Gras. Probably the tamest Mardi Gras I’ve experienced. Not many fights or scuffles as years past.

This really felt like the safest French Quarters I’ve attended for people celebrating.

He lives!

Glad it was a safe Mardi Gras. Glad you're back, bro.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never saw that before

full of cold water,

Tear cups apart

I have not seen that. Somewhere in the back of my head, some part of me that knows something vague about the practical physics of heating via microwave isn't surprised, but I can't recall any actual information.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was only a yellow belt at the time of kneeing. One of these days you'll need to show you how to stop an overzealous response for this. If memory serves it was the upward smash break finish against a choke.
I have shown you what I use. You just don't know it's what I use.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am home and wore out.

Sounds like it's almost tame enough for the likes of me.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I am home and wore out.

soooooo did you test the motorcycle domino theory or not :D

And I know why it was so tame.... the guy. work with, that goes every year with his friends, didn't go this year :D

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our youngest boy graduated from the police academy today. Very proud of him. It's what he's always wanted. But kind of a scary time time have a kid going into law enforcement. Especially in what has been, for at least 20 years, the most violent city in Colorado.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions