Not open for further replies.
OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our youngest boy graduated from the police academy today. Very proud of him. It's what he's always wanted. But kind of a scary time time have a kid going into law enforcement. Especially in what has been, for at least 20 years, the most violent city in Colorado.
Very cool; congratulations. For all the noise today, and all the headaches... I still love being a cop after nearly 20 years.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Very cool; congratulations. For all the noise today, and all the headaches... I still love being a cop after nearly 20 years.

Hemingway_hunting_men_FB

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Our youngest boy graduated from the police academy today. Very proud of him. It's what he's always wanted. But kind of a scary time time have a kid going into law enforcement. Especially in what has been, for at least 20 years, the most violent city in Colorado.
He is a hero. To all of us. And you are a hero too for having brought up such an amazingly brave person.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Roasted a Cornish game hen for dinner tonight. I am really proud of this one - this is something I taught myself (not one of the recipes I brought from Ukraine, not anything I learned from my family). I've made this so many times - and it came out differently delicious every time. So, I feel kind of really smug about this.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
In other news - got cracked on the knuckles of my right hand when practicing stick blocks in class today. Ow. We seriously need some kempo gloves. I do mean - OW!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Roasted a Cornish game hen for dinner tonight. I am really proud of this one - this is something I taught myself (not one of the recipes I brought from Ukraine, not anything I learned from my family). I've made this so many times - and it came out differently delicious every time. So, I feel kind of really smug about this.
You should feel smug. Me? I feel full.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I hope the next 24 hours are better. Take some rest. Have a cookie.

Well....spent the last for 24 hours awake..... driving, arguing with a hotel chain, not eating, taking a 6 hour plane ride (I can't sleep on planes).... and now I am officially on vacation.....so having finally eaten....I am very tired and so with that I say good night

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well....spent the last for 24 hours awake..... driving, arguing with a hotel chain, not eating, taking a 6 hour plane ride (I can't sleep on planes).... and now I am officially on vacation.....so having finally eaten....I am very tired and so with that I say good night
Enjoy your vacation, man. And for the record, I'm not sure I can stay awake on a plane.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

Have fun.
I'm the same way about sleeping on planes. I have good hearing and I'm a light sleeper, so if I do doze off, someone on the plane will cough or walk to the bathroom. And I'm awake again.
The only time in recorded history that I actually slept on a plane was the time we came back from Cozumel and went straight to the hospital for a 4 day admit. I was septic with dengue fever. After being treated in the ER, I went upstairs with a BP of 70, HR of 140, and a temp of 105F.
Helpful hint: don't ever get dengue fever. It sucks.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
yeah, that does not sound like a pleasant trip....
I only had the regular crud, flying home from Germany one time...spending much of the previous day drinking tea by the gallon....washing down tylenol, hoping to knock it down for a day.
Needless to say, I was THAT person on the plane, spreading germs...sorry folks...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Have fun.
I'm the same way about sleeping on planes. I have good hearing and I'm a light sleeper, so if I do doze off, someone on the plane will cough or walk to the bathroom. And I'm awake again.
The only time in recorded history that I actually slept on a plane was the time we came back from Cozumel and went straight to the hospital for a 4 day admit. I was septic with dengue fever. After being treated in the ER, I went upstairs with a BP of 70, HR of 140, and a temp of 105F.
Helpful hint: don't ever get dengue fever. It sucks.

I appreciate the helpful hint....really I do..... but I have to tell you..... I never had any plan...or desire...to get dengue fever... got a sever case of food poising once....didn't want that either...but that is as close as I hope to ever get to dengue fever

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
You should come over to visit us for a vacation sometime. We'll feed you, install you on the deck on a reclining lounger with your beverage of choice, and give you a few dogs and cats to hang with.

Status
Not open for further replies.