Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Sure does. There are other factors, including my desire to poke at Xue Sheng. :)
The biggest is the tires. They're a street legal race tire. Which means awesome traction. But when it's cold, the rubber stays rock hard. Which means crappy traction.
Below freezing, I don't start it at all. The blower is built to super tight tolerances, and the cold can cause the housing to contract enough to contact the impeller. Which is bad, as it turns the blower into a $5000 boat anchor. And if the broken pieces of impeller enter the engine, I can put a piece of glass over the top and use it as a coffee table...
I will actually drive it when the weather is in the 40F range. It's like driving a normal car on wet roads, so a little caution is required. But I couldn't pass up the Xue poke.

Well...then you know what you should have...a Corvette that is not such a pansy.... something more this Vette
6006652787_f1edf2cf45_b.jpg

Maybe then it could handle a little cold weather :D

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well...then you know what you should have...a Corvette that is not such a pansy.... something more this Vette
6006652787_f1edf2cf45_b.jpg

Whats the odds the person that drives that has a mullet?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think it was a challenge:
How do we take the German Unimog and the American Hummer, mash them up and use the worst of both vehicles...

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

I had to delete that picture. I'm pretty sure it violates the TOS rules on basic decency.

Whats the odds the person that drives that has a mullet?

Just at a guess, I'd say somewhere between 98 and 100%.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think it was a challenge:
How do we take the German Unimog and the American Hummer, mash them up and use the worst of both vehicles...
Well, now where was that when I was growing up? My dad had a Zaporozhets. I can't remember who said that, but in a documentary about Soviet automotive industry, someone said, "Zaporozhets was the kind of car you could tell was made in the Soviet Union just by looking at it."

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
My dad was actually - very briefly - considering to get a Lada....the Niva was one of the first 'SUVs'
Sort of....:rolleyes:

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Looks a lot like his German cousin...East German cousin....
2847.jpg

it was said there were no bank robberies in East Germany....
heck, if you have to wait 18 years for your getaway car....
Yup, the original idea from Zaporozhets was stolen from VW bug. And then they "improved it". I'd actually worked at Kommunar - the factory that manufactured these - for two months. It was a college requirement at the university I went to back in Ukraine. I could tell you STORIES.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Phase 1, day 2 of a major go live at the hospital. I haven't killed anyone. I am having sugar sandwiches and a whiskey fizzy. Don't judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions