Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yup. We couldn't afford one. :)
for us, those were the CHEAP cars...
Eventually, we got a Simca....one kinda like this (gawd, how ugly...just in bright orange. I am sure it was cheaper than a good color...)
1973_Simca_1000_GL.JPG

then again, this was my mom's small car, she rode it all the way from the middle of Germany (WEST) to Spain....AND back!
2cvfr0971.jpg

hers was white though, with the indicators as little horns above the doors...and once she almost got arrested, because she told the policeman she wanted a copy of the speeding ticket, because nobody would believe her she was going so fast! I think that baby topped out at 86 km/h....
the one I got in the late 80s was much more powerful, at about 24 HP...

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Phase 1, day 2 of a major go live at the hospital. I haven't killed anyone. I am having sugar sandwiches and a whiskey fizzy. Don't judge.
OMG...it's been over.....decades since I had a sugar sandwich...or a nesquik one....:)

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
for us, those were the CHEAP cars...
Eventually, we got a Simca....one kinda like this (gawd, how ugly...just in bright orange. I am sure it was cheaper than a good color...)
1973_Simca_1000_GL.JPG

then again, this was my mom's small car, she rode it all the way from the middle of Germany (WEST) to Spain....AND back!
2cvfr0971.jpg

hers was white though, with the indicators as little horns above the doors...and once she almost got arrested, because she told the policeman she wanted a copy of the speeding ticket, because nobody would believe her she was going so fast! I think that baby topped out at 86 km/h....
the one I got in the late 80s was much more powerful, at about 24 HP...
The first one daddy had was 1975 (we always joked he got me and the car the same year to remember how long he had it). 40 HP. His friend had the older one - the one based on the Beetle. They once stuffed ten grown men into it when taking everyone home after a party. :)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The first one daddy had was 1975 (we always joked he got me and the car the same year to remember how long he had it). 40 HP. His friend had the older one - the one based on the Beetle. They once stuffed ten grown men into it when taking everyone home after a party. :)
back then (and in Russia) you could do that....

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's a comfort thing - something I grew up with. Although, as I pointed to @gpseymour , by Soviet standards, I had an absolutely obscene amount of butter on them. I mean - you could SEE the butter.
if the butter is as thick as the bread, and the meat as thick as the bread and butter together, it's a good sandwich...
well, most of my family is off the farm, not that anybody churned butter, but they never went without...

But sugar sandwiches would kill me these days, possibly quite literally....can't handle more than a couple of girl scout cookies at one time anymore...

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, the original idea from Zaporozhets was stolen from VW bug. And then they "improved it". I'd actually worked at Kommunar - the factory that manufactured these - for two months. It was a college requirement at the university I went to back in Ukraine. I could tell you STORIES.
She could tell you. Has told me.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Today feels like a good day to do nothing. Just sit down and do absolutely... Nothing

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mom's having a bad day (waiting for liver transplant) - might need to drive out that way this evening. Already dragging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions