Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice day today. The rain finally stopped. Was supposed to re-qualify at the range this morning, but it's been postponed. The range is a deep sea of thick, sticky mud.
We had a lot of rain early, but now it's sunny out, and 62F - 10F above the projected high for the day. Windows are open.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Just rain here. Probably similar amounts of H2O. I'd frankly rather have yours.

I'd rather have snow. Snow energizes me. Rain does too - in the summer. But when it's like this, it's just cold and miserable.

Rain will be gone tomorrow...and does not have to be shoveled.... snow will be here for at least the rest of the month.... and we ma y get more later this week

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rain will be gone tomorrow...and does not have to be shoveled.... snow will be here for at least the rest of the month.... and we ma y get more later this week
When you only get 2-3 good snows a year, those considerations are minor. We're spoiled enough to really enjoy the snow, even when I have to shovel the cliff we call a driveway.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well, it was a nice day a few hours ago. On a day off, I was taking a nap. The noise probably would have woken me up, sounds like an army tap dancing on the roof, but the window beside me was open.
Being wet woke me up. Must mean time for a beer....and pizza!

RainArk.jpg

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well...I am about to go out for round 2 in my driveway.....and the way this is going there will likely be round 3 tomorrow morning...... it just keeps snowing and it has not stopped since 8:00 this morning.....and it is currently 22F.....which surprisingly is warming that it was at 1:00 this afternoon...it was 19F then

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wait. There is a movie. With Clint Eastwood. And a monkey. WHY WASN'T I TOLD?! @gpseymour, I'm blaming you - you are responsible for my Americanization!
King-Kong-Chest-pound.gif
Don't forget the bare-knuckle boxing... and a vicious gang of bikers!

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
doesn't that thing have a heater?!

Sure does. There are other factors, including my desire to poke at Xue Sheng. :)
The biggest is the tires. They're a street legal race tire. Which means awesome traction. But when it's cold, the rubber stays rock hard. Which means crappy traction.
Below freezing, I don't start it at all. The blower is built to super tight tolerances, and the cold can cause the housing to contract enough to contact the impeller. Which is bad, as it turns the blower into a $5000 boat anchor. And if the broken pieces of impeller enter the engine, I can put a piece of glass over the top and use it as a coffee table...
I will actually drive it when the weather is in the 40F range. It's like driving a normal car on wet roads, so a little caution is required. But I couldn't pass up the Xue poke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions