Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
Does that even register?
I mean, 'normal' guy hair style, not waist long dread locks....

I read a story the other day, where the fighter was 2 oz over her weight. She had long hair and cut off half of it. Weighed in 1oz under her weight. It was not UFC but some other fight org....

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I always have, and always will, think people who cut weight are fools.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I read a story the other day, where the fighter was 2 oz over her weight. She had long hair and cut off half of it. Weighed in 1oz under her weight. It was not UFC but some other fight org....
I cut my pony tail, i might drop a pound, true, but guy hair? (most are shaven anyhow....)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I cut my pony tail, i might drop a pound, true, but guy hair? (most are shaven anyhow....)
There was a guy I knew in the air force. Sgt Bako. Hairiest guy I've ever met. So hairy his shirt was puffy looking from all the back and shoulder hair. Guy was like a poodle he was so hairy.

That guy could probably lose 10 lbs just in body hair.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Today was a pretty nice day practiced tai chi forms and did them slowly (I didnt even get distracted this time) I think I might be improving!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yeah. But so are guys who fight an oponant with 10kg on them

I know what you mean. But as a small guy, just about everybody I've ever fought was heavier than me, and just about everyone I've trained with, too.

But the whole weight cutting thing for a weigh-in isn't just unhealthy, it's just plain wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.