Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
So during Thanksgiving my long time Buddhist, vegetarian, Chinese, mother-in-law announced she is now a meat eating Christian

Not something you hear every day.

There's gotta' be one hell of a story there.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
So during Thanksgiving my long time Buddhist, vegetarian, Chinese, mother-in-law announced she is now a meat eating Christian
What kind of Christian? The calm one that says "god bless you" or the loud one that gets down on one knee and shout "LORD HELP ME NOW!"

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
What kind of Christian? The calm one that says "god bless you" or the loud one that gets down on one knee and shout "LORD HELP ME NOW!"

The type that gave me all their Buddhist stuff and the took my ham

The one who eats ham.

Tried chicken and turkey too.... but took the ham. about 50 some odd years of vegetarian buddhism and now..... well you know.. I am actually concerned about her health, until now her doctors are all rather shocked at her lack of age related issues in her late 70s.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well... I hope its nothing serious

Best of luck!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Being serious, xue I hope everything's okay with yiur MIL. That sort of thing doesn't just happen in a vacuum.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a nasty head cold.... took that day off.....just did taiji, wuji, Zhan Zhuang, and Santi Shi.... and I'm still sick....who new.
I'm with you on that one, Xue. Mine got better yesterday, and I tanked again today. Hoping for a better day tomorrow, since I have a class to teach.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I'm with you on that one, Xue. Mine got better yesterday, and I tanked again today. Hoping for a better day tomorrow, since I have a class to teach.

I hope you feel better for the class. All I have is an eye appointment and of course I should probably go back to work too.

I am feeling better, but I actually fell asleep at my daughters piano lesson this evening and that has not happened before. But prior to that I felt awful, but a 15 minute nap and i felt better. See how things are in the morning.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Walked fifty miles at work last week, walked over sixty five this week. My knees are swollen and hurt really bad, I can barely walk today.

I'm a complete jackass. Ah well, no fool like an old fool.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Walked fifty miles at work last week, walked over sixty five this week. My knees are swollen and hurt really bad, I can barely walk today.

I'm a complete jackass. Ah well, no fool like an old fool.
Don't they give you guys cars?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Signed up for DIRECTV Now service to see how well it works. Streaming tv service. No box, cable or dish. I'm intrigued by the possibility. I think this is 2 years from being the norm.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Don't they give you guys cars?

Some details/posts have cars, but I don't really care for any car details. I like being on the ground, close to people and potential problems. Kinda' what I'm used to.

Buka, lobby for a Segway.

They have those T3 things -

original-2b05cd488ef8db5ac4c776b6d282a8bf.jpg

But I really don't want any part of them. Heck, I can still run faster than those things can go. Already have, in fact. Besides, if they won't let me go Full Ben Hur and have a spear, well, you know. :)

I just have to learn to smarten up and chill. Probably the thrill of being back in the hunt and all that.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Signed up for DIRECTV Now service to see how well it works. Streaming tv service. No box, cable or dish. I'm intrigued by the possibility. I think this is 2 years from being the norm.

Steve, please let me know how that is. TV is changing so fast it's crazy.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Some details/posts have cars, but I don't really care for any car details. I like being on the ground, close to people and potential problems. Kinda' what I'm used to.

They have those T3 things -

original-2b05cd488ef8db5ac4c776b6d282a8bf.jpg

But I really don't want any part of them. Heck, I can still run faster than those things can go. Already have, in fact. Besides, if they won't let me go Full Ben Hur and have a spear, well, you know. :)

I just have to learn to smarten up and chill. Probably the thrill of being back in the hunt and all that.

Chinese police use Segways, you could go modern Ben Hur like they are

segway_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.