Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarax

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Just to be clear, I'm a huge fan of the Star Wars universe, but I'm a bigger fan of good movies that have solid writing and production.

I'm not saying the prequels are perfect, just that the Star Wars fanbase is rarely happy.

I don't know if that's canon or not

It is canon, Star Wars Rebels was post Disney buyout, though the fuel concept was already in place pre-buyout as well.

Sure. I get it. But Poe isn't the one in authority. Benedict Arnold was acting as his conscious dictated. And is anyone surprised that when he was found out, he was hung? People don't mutiny or commit treason because they think they have a choice. And, really, no, he didn't have any right to question her. In a military organization, she owed him no explanation. Blame the writers. They wrote him into a situation where there is no reasonable alternative to getting rid of him. In any society I know of, that would have been grounds for execution, but I can see maybe exiling him.

The Rebellion/Resistance isn't exactly military, thus all military policies and procedures wouldn't apply. If no one acted on their conscious in the Star Wars universe, the Rebellion wouldn't exist. Your interpretation of the Poe/Holdo storyline and who acted inappropriately will be heavily influenced by your ideology(authoritarian, libertarian, etc). However; when you look at the history(books, comics, wookiepedia) of the rebellion, Poe embodied many of the characteristics of the rebellion by rebelling against an authority figure to protect everyone else.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
finished the antibiotic to get rid of my sinusitis Tuesday morning.... it returned today.... looks like I am back to talking to the MD...heck, at least I had 5 full days of not having my ear full of fluid.....

Most sinusitis is viral anyway, which means antibiotics aren't effective. The current standard is to NOT treat sinus infections with antibiotics unless there is a specific reason (like positive cultures or long-term infection) to believe it's bacterial. The old rule of "clear or yellow is viral and green is bacterial" has been proven to be incorrect.
Sucks, but most of these things just have to run their course.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
If You coat the back of your ears with Crisco shortening you’ll get rid of sinusitis within a day.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
If You coat the back of your ears with Crisco shortening you’ll get rid of sinusitis within a day.

And if you rub cayenne powder in your eyes, your vision will improve.

[Disclaimer: please don't actually do either of these things.]

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I had a supervisor once that was from a large city up north that asked me once How to get rid of chigger bites.

I told him to go home and just coat your legs with Crisco shortening and the bites would go away within a couple hours.

He came back the next day Claiming it didn’t work. LOL. It’s my go to remedy for fun.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
When in doubt use fire. Apply fire. Everything can be solved with fire if your willing to get creative :D

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
finished the antibiotic to get rid of my sinusitis Tuesday morning.... it returned today.... looks like I am back to talking to the MD...heck, at least I had 5 full days of not having my ear full of fluid.....
Tell your doctor he has to fix you up, or else you have a lot of friends who will make him an offer he can't refuse.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Most sinusitis is viral anyway, which means antibiotics aren't effective. The current standard is to NOT treat sinus infections with antibiotics unless there is a specific reason (like positive cultures or long-term infection) to believe it's bacterial. The old rule of "clear or yellow is viral and green is bacterial" has been proven to be incorrect.
Sucks, but most of these things just have to run their course.

for 4 months.... I'm beginning to believe my left ear is supposed to be muffled for some sounds and supersensitive (painfully so for others). Throw in sinus pressure and the wonderful headache...but wait...there's more.....Then it moved into my teeth and jaw.... it is been a blast, let me tell you.

The Amoxicillin actually stopped it for 5 whole days, prior to that it was every day.... a little more than 48 hours after the last dosage of medication...it returned....although I did tell him I have had something similar before and the only thing that ever seems to stop this is a Z-pack.....

Frankly I'm fed up, going to go the Traditional Chinese medicine route, with diet changes and a few other things I know.... The MD wants me to go to his office again, and I'm ok with that, but I am not ok with his office not returning my call and making me call them to get an answer this morning.... missed work waiting for a call......

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Tell your doctor he has to fix you up, or else you have a lot of friends who will make him an offer he can't refuse.

It was a thought. I am just about to contact my old doctor, the one I had before I moved and had to change, and see if he has any MDs in my area he recommends.... The problem all MDs have in my area is I use him as the standard by which to judge them...so far none have quite made the grade

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
It was a thought. I am just about to contact my old doctor, the one I had before I moved and had to change, and see if he has any MDs in my area he recommends.... The problem all MDs have in my area is I use him as the standard by which to judge them...so far none have quite made the grade

Have ou tried holding a tablespoon of Crisco shortening under your tongue....heard it works wonders.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Have ou tried holding a tablespoon of Crisco shortening under your tongue....heard it works wonders.

Not exactly.... I did hold an Oreo with double stuff on my tongue...and the double stuff is kind of like sweet Crisco..... but then I ate it...does that count...

And before you recommend it I have already drank an entire bottle of Ketchup and ate a galleon of mayonnaise...and NOTHING seems to help

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not exactly.... I did hold an Oreo with double stuff on my tongue...and the double stuff is kind of like sweet Crisco..... but then I ate it...does that count...

And before you recommend it I have already drank an entire bottle of Ketchup and ate a galleon of mayonnaise...and NOTHING seems to help

Man you must have a really advanced case....gonna a have to get serious.... a tablespoon of cinnamon

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Sounds like you might have to resort to surgery......I am a shade tree surgeon if you want to go that route.

Actually I was looking at going the do it yourself route.... I already got the books...and the mail order sturgeon certificate... so I am now an officially licesend sturgeon so I think I'll be ok...besides...I already bought the kit

1866g4un9pnq6jpg.jpg

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Actually I was looking at going the do it yourself route.... I already got the books...and the mail order sturgeon certificate... so I am now an officially licesend sturgeon so I think I'll be ok...besides...I already bought the kit

1866g4un9pnq6jpg.jpg

Jus make sure you don’t forget the anesthesia.....

8807714160670.png

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had that issue when we moved last, but I got lucky and found a doctor I like as much as my previous DO (the one who suggested I needed more red wine).

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I had that issue when we moved last, but I got lucky and found a doctor I like as much as my previous DO (the one who suggested I needed more red wine).

Why can’t Doctors ever prescribe more Single Malt Scotch Whiskey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions