Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm going to make a surf and turf Rib-Eye Crostini with caramelized bourbon shallots, a goat cheese mousse and marinated sliced radishes.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'm going to make a surf and turf Rib-Eye Crostini with caramelized bourbon shallots, a goat cheese mousse and marinated sliced radishes.
That sounds delicious. But marinated radishes is a new one on me. :)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think Johnny Depp was the problem there... you could have kept him. I don't think we would have minded too much.

I bodyguarded his trailor duing his last pirates movie. 15hour shifts 2hour travel.

One of my many glamorous security jobs.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Morning, MT.

Only working until 2 today. Then meeting with an attorney for a family court violation petition. Fun times!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At my current gym the Judo class starts after the BJJ class. I would love to join but even during the BJJ takedowns my body tells me in no uncertain terms that it does not want to be thrown a million times a night.......
With good falling technique, it's less of a beating than it looks like.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Got to get a website up and running and think of marketing strategies to build a student body ahead of time!

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Made it home this morning at 1:30 a.m. Unloaded and Dropped off the Uhual trailer at 8 a.m.

Great trip and tournament....but I am exhausted.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got to get a website up and running and think of marketing strategies to build a student body ahead of time!
Seminars have been my most effective method of finding students. I need to do more of them. I did find two through offers on Groupon, though it took 60 days for the first one.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Seminars have been my most effective method of finding students. I need to do more of them. I did find two through offers on Groupon, though it took 60 days for the first one.

Well, you know how I have mentioned that I will be doing the 6-hour course at Hudson Valley Community College under their "community education" banner? There are many other places around here...even high schools, which surprised me...that offer community ed courses in the evenings. I can get an email list built from the students who take that.

On top of that, there are some libraries out here that have big meeting rooms. People reserve them for all kinds of things. I confirmed with Albany Public Library that I could indeed reserve a room for a martial arts class, as long as it was free to the public.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Wife's out of town this week, so I watched Disney's: The Descendants yesterday with my 8 year old. I don't think I'm the target audience, but it was fun to watch it with her.

For those of you who don't know, the movie is about the children of the Disney characters. Belle and the Beast have a son, who falls in love with Mal, who is the daughter of Maleficent.

Tonight, we're watching the sequel. :)

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Now the hard part: just finding the time to do it! Until I get a better paying job from the PCO list, I am still working both jobs on Mondays and Tuesdays (sometimes even Fridays). While I am sure it is possible to get Wednesdays and Thursdays at some places, let's not forget our martial arts training does not exist inside a bubble; Wednesday and Thursday nights are usually reserved for appointments.

It will be a tough squeeze, but I am determined to make it work!

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Almost forgot: I am picking up something from a place called HD Waterworks that will hopefully give me the ability to finish building my wooden/PVC dummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions