Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
In the process of finally posting my second collection of poetry on Amazon. I had to outsource the formatting to someone, but for cover art I am simply using their artwork generator. It looks a little generic, I guess, but then again it kind of suits me because that way, the cover is almost like a blank slate. People can read into it whatever they want.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Going to check out a Muay Thai class on Thursday. I don't plan on switching. I just want to check out something new. Plus I find it interesting that it is the ONLY Muay Thai class in the area.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to check out a Muay Thai class on Thursday. I don't plan on switching. I just want to check out something new. Plus I find it interesting that it is the ONLY Muay Thai class in the area.
I'm intrigued by MT - no MT schools near me I know of (though it's probably present at an MMA gym in the area). I'll be interested in your reaction.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm intrigued by MT - no MT schools near me I know of (though it's probably present at an MMA gym in the area). I'll be interested in your reaction.

I am mainly interested in how they do things at the kicking range. I think since they have more of an upright kind of stance, it might be the best style with kicking range tools that would blend best with Wing Chun.

Of course, I have no confirmation of this yet.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am mainly interested in how they do things at the kicking range. I think since they have more of an upright kind of stance, it might be the best style with kicking range tools that would blend best with Wing Chun.

Of course, I have no confirmation of this yet.
That's a nice theory - I'll be interested in seeing how that plays out in your exploration. I've had similar thoughts about its ability to integrate with NGA, because the clinch allows some of the same control we use (though tighter than what I've used in NGA), and would seem to open up more options than the way I currently deal with that distance.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's a nice theory - I'll be interested in seeing how that plays out in your exploration. I've had similar thoughts about its ability to integrate with NGA, because the clinch allows some of the same control we use (though tighter than what I've used in NGA), and would seem to open up more options than the way I currently deal with that distance.

Yes, and the clinch range techniques also factored into my theory.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was not sure if I would be going to that Muay Thai class on Thursday or a private lesson with a JKD instructor. JKD guy had to cancel, so...Muay Thai it is!

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
My first martial art was Judo. I think I might check out a class for that as well, as I believe the sensitivity developed during Chi Sao could benefit someone who also studied Judo.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My first martial art was Judo. I think I might check out a class for that as well, as I believe the sensitivity developed during Chi Sao could benefit someone who also studied Judo.
I haven't had a Judo class in more than 30 years. It would be fun to go back as a beginner and play a while.

I need to win a lottery so I have time for this ****.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I haven't had a Judo class in more than 30 years. It would be fun to go back as a beginner and play a while.

My neighbors daughter finished her second year on the high school judo team. She's a beast.

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score

At my current gym the Judo class starts after the BJJ class. I would love to join but even during the BJJ takedowns my body tells me in no uncertain terms that it does not want to be thrown a million times a night.......

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good morning.

Busy day so far. The phones go active at 9AM, and I have already had 4 calls.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Listening to a show called Beyond the Wall of Sleep, which plays alternative music like 120 Minutes from the 80's and 90's.

Right now they are playing a song by Modest Mouse.

Makes me realize how much I HATE Modest Mouse. Isaac Brock's voice is annoying as hell.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Funny comment by an actor in one of the late night shows. He was filming in Australia, and said, "I had some trouble getting into the country. They asked me if I had a criminal record, and I said, 'no. I didn't realize you still need one to get in.'"

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Funny comment by an actor in one of the late night shows. He was filming in Australia, and said, "I had some trouble getting into the country. They asked me if I had a criminal record, and I said, 'no. I didn't realize you still need one to get in.'"

And dogs. We just dont like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions