Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Made the mistake of going for a walk on lunch.

89 with 52% humidity..... yes, yes you did.... this is why I'm bored...I did not go for my walk today..... but I have no choice, I have to go for about a mile walk in about 1 hour

But first another Haiku

Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored
Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored
Bored Bored Bored Bored Bored

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
About to spend the next 2 hours on a traffic post. Feels like temp is 104. Actual remp is 96. Don't want to lnow what refelected temp off pavement will be...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good first day of competition.

Son finished:

2nd place in 12-14 advanced continuous sparring.

2nd place team fighting

2nd place adult team kata. (His team mates were 18... so he had to compete in adult division)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Good first day of competition.

Son finished:

2nd place in 12-14 advanced continuous sparring.

2nd place team fighting

2nd place adult team kata. (His team mates were 18... so he had to compete in adult division)

Way to go!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good morning

QsExlBk.jpg

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a day off. Had a nice morning stretch and pushup workout, now I'm having breakfast. And breakfast being the most important meal of the morning, I'm having Beef Bourguignon, mashed potatoes and ice cold Bikini Blonde lager.

Have to work on the what's for lunch thing. Somehow it needs to include ice cream.
I really enjoy breakfast for dinner sometimes (eggs, bacon, the works). Dinner for breakfast can be just as good. Did more of both back when I was working in theatre - many late nights with breakfast that turned into mornings when I wanted dinner.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I commissioned the guy to create artwork for a story I wrote called "Slackers from the Stars," which actually saw print in a magazine called Nova Science Fiction back when I was still married. First story I was ever paid for!

Anyway, after paying him to draw this artwork, I looked for the story on my computer...and found it was gone! Luckily, I know where the Nova SF issue is so I can simply type it up again.
I can't begin to account for the amount of writing I've lost over the years - both electronic and paper. Poems, essays, white papers. Some of it actually good, most of it more fun to write than to read.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few days ago I watched an interview with Phil Morris talking about his Sifu, Hawkins Cheung. In this interview, he said Hawkins had to take Tai Chi to help himself calm down, because he was an aggressive guy.

That got me thinking: maybe I ought to join an MMA or boxing gym...or somewhere where they spar more often...because I'm the opposite. I have more trouble getting in touch with my aggressive side.

Just food for my own thought.
This is something I struggle to help students with. I can get them gradually more aggressive, but it takes me a long time. Probably because I've always been pretty calm and easy-going in my approach, and able to turn on just enough aggression for what was needed. I've never really had to work to develop the ability to be aggressive, so I'm not great at helping others do so.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Nice neighbors! My wife would love to see that. Maybe we can swing it later in the year.
It's not even that the tickets were out of this world expensive. They're just in such high demand. I'm very excited to see it.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not even that the tickets were out of this world expensive. They're just in such high demand. I'm very excited to see it.
We'd have to actually go someplace to see it - I don't think it's going to be anywhere very near us - therein is the real cost.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can't begin to account for the amount of writing I've lost over the years - both electronic and paper. Poems, essays, white papers. Some of it actually good, most of it more fun to write than to read.

I had even more luck than I thought. Rather than having to retype the story up from the magazine, I found an old copy of it on my mother's computer. :) Just had to tidy it up some, and I was all set to go.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is something I struggle to help students with. I can get them gradually more aggressive, but it takes me a long time. Probably because I've always been pretty calm and easy-going in my approach, and able to turn on just enough aggression for what was needed. I've never really had to work to develop the ability to be aggressive, so I'm not great at helping others do so.

That's my problem too. Just laid back in general. I'm not sure why I can't learn to flip the switch, because I DO have a temper. Just never be able to seem to flip it when I need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions