Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this, I think the Doghouse roof is the least of your worries.

I hope all goes well with the surgery

Not really. When his roof went flying, he got scared and took off through the downed fence. He is a german shepard/great dane mix. And he's 19 years old. That's really ancient for a dog that size. And I can't find him. I suspect he got scare, took off, and had a heart attack out in the empty fields somewhere. We've had him for 17 years. :(

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
still going.

20170328_191355.jpg

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Not really. When his roof went flying, he got scared and took off through the downed fence. He is a german shepard/great dane mix. And he's 19 years old. That's really ancient for a dog that size. And I can't find him. I suspect he got scare, took off, and had a heart attack out in the empty fields somewhere. We've had him for 17 years. :(

Sorry to hear this, I hope he does return home

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I'm scheduled for surgery on the 18th. And just in case I needed more crap to deal with, we had a huge storm this weekend. The doghouse lost it's roof. So did our house. The ceiling drywall in the garage and the closet in the master suite will need redone. The 6x6 posts holding up the fence snapped off.
Spoke with the insurance, and have a contractor set up who will take care of everything, so at least I don't have to deal with multiple contractors. Adjuster is supposed to be out Tuesday.
Sorry to hear about the damage, but I'm glad that the repairs will be simplified.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

I'm so sorry. That's one of the most awful things I've heard. I tried to comment last night, but kept welling up. My heart goes out to you, brother.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Today was a long day! Had pizza and tacos for lunch with friends (weird combination I know but who cares :D)
Today was an okay day!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like reading everyone's posts, on every thread. Something must be seriously wrong with me. :)
I marked that "agree". I'm not entire certain whether I'm agreeing about enjoying reading posts, or agreeing that something is wrong with you. Probably both.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I'm scheduled for surgery on the 18th. And just in case I needed more crap to deal with, we had a huge storm this weekend. The doghouse lost it's roof. So did our house. The ceiling drywall in the garage and the closet in the master suite will need redone. The 6x6 posts holding up the fence snapped off.
Spoke with the insurance, and have a contractor set up who will take care of everything, so at least I don't have to deal with multiple contractors. Adjuster is supposed to be out Tuesday.
I hope all turns out well, DD. The storm stuff is an annoyance, but hopefully only that. I'll keep you in my thoughts for the surgery.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Raining a little today, but should get sunshine tomorrow. Fingers crossed. Was a dark, gray winter.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well I am going to do an experiment. I am abandoning all strength training (not that I was doing that much Bowflex and Total Gym only) and add to my Yoga routine and focus on that for a bit and see where that takes me. I also feel that if this is what I am focusing on I will likely push myself a little harder as it applies to holding some poses longer or adding a few repetitions to those that I do that work wot reps

So with that said, I am off to give the yoga routine with a few additions a try.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Listen, I saw The Giant Spider Invasion as a child. I know damned well it won't take a year.

Unh uh. I saw Clint Eastwood as a squadron leader in Tarantula in 1955. Napalmed the crap out of that big arachnid son of a *****.

As long as Clint is around, we're all safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions