Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I envy my friends in the U.K. And Canada because you have a rational, compassionate healthcare system.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Now we know why Brian is a martial arts and weapons expert..... its because of that dang gargantuan spider.

Had many tarantulas back in the seventies, for many years, kept them in a terrarium with garter snakes. Used to pick them up when necessary (cleaning terrarium) and was always comfortable about it. You would think that would somewhat solve my uncomfortable feelings with spiders. It didn't. Not even a little.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Had many tarantulas back in the seventies, for many years, kept them in a terrarium with garter snakes. Used to pick them up when necessary (cleaning terrarium) and was always comfortable about it. You would think that would somewhat solve my uncomfortable feelings with spiders. It didn't. Not even a little.

I have never understood the spider snake pet thing. I don't rail against it, i just don't get it.

When I first move to NY from Ma there was a story on the front page of the local paper about a man, in the town I was living in, who had boa constrictors for pets and he was talking about how great a pet they were. And he was in a big picture on the front page with a damn big snake. Within 2 months of that story he was in the paper again, that damn big snake killed him.

I still don't get it

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
And the numbers of idiots today are going up too... you could arguably say there is a significant increase but that is besides the point.o_O

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never understood the spider snake pet thing. I don't rail against it, i just don't get it.

When I first move to NY from Ma there was a story on the front page of the local paper about a man, in the town I was living in, who had boa constrictors for pets and he was talking about how great a pet they were. And he was in a big picture on the front page with a damn big snake. Within 2 months of that story he was in the paper again, that damn big snake killed him.

I still don't get it
I had a ball python for many years. They are about the right size for me, don't normally get more than 4 feet long. Not a danger to pets or people, unless you happen to have gerbils or such. She was actually pretty social, and the few times she escaped her terrarium, she would explore a day or two, then go find a person for body heat.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I had a ball python for many years. They are about the right size for me, don't normally get more than 4 feet long. Not a danger to pets or people, unless you happen to have gerbils or such. She was actually pretty social, and the few times she escaped her terrarium, she would explore a day or two, then go find a person for body heat.

Oh this was one big constrictor.... by the looks of it in the picture it was over 6 feet.... apparently it liked to hug.... a bit TO much

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh this was one big constrictor.... by the looks of it in the picture it was over 6 feet.... apparently it liked to hug.... a bit TO much
The females can get over 10 feet. I think 10-13 feet is not unusual for female boas in captivity. Males usually are under 8 feet, and that's not big enough to be likely to be harmful unless it goes for a rear naked choke.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

I still don't get it

The garter snakes were cool. We used to catch them in the spring, keep them a year, then release them where we caught them. One time we caught the same one (had an odd break in it's tail) three summers later. Used to feed them goldfish.

Can't explain the spider thing. Not even now.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
weather.

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions