Kyusho Jitsu

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
ppko said:
No I meant know disrespect to either Wally Jay or Remy as they are both responsible for their own success but both Wally and Remy promoted the pressure points and respected George just as much as he respected them I have respect for all of the big three my point was that these great martial artist would not have traveled with someone that teaches crap

about Rob I have know idea of his background but he is the one that disrespected me I am not out here to say that my art is better than yours or anyone elses I posted this thread for people that were interested in learning more about Kyusho not for people to down George
PPKO

fair enough.

OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Indiana, I had a chance to meet Ken Smith I think that is his name (Remy used to call him little Remy) over this last weekend a very nice guy very knowledgeable
PPKO

OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
arnisador said:
Good you tell us more about Grandmaster Frazer?

For more on this subject try Search. For example, see:
http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5423
http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=434
Before I do are you pro Dillman or not, I just don't want this thread to end up like the last two you showed up above. Grandmaster T.A. Frazer is one of Grandmaster George Dillmans top three, head of Jodoryu Jujitsu ( combining disharmoc emotion theory with pressure points), one of Song Paks top Kiai Jitsu students, studied with Wally Jay, Leo Fong, and some with the late Remy Presas. T.A. Frazer was one of the top police officers in Indiana at one time, before he quit the force to teach the Martial Arts full time. His Jodoryu system is still in its preme stage but we are already international.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ppko said:
Indiana, I had a chance to meet Ken Smith I think that is his name (Remy used to call him little Remy) over this last weekend a very nice guy very knowledgeable
PPKO

PPKO, what part of Indiana are you located in...?

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I must say a few things at this point.

1. as to the statements: “ Actually if Seiyu Oyata had not moved to the western hemisphere, no one would known about pressure points.” and “well let me tell you something if it wasn't for GM George Dillman the Western hemisphere would never of know about pressure points,” is way out of line. There are others who have taught the use of pressure point attacks in their systems. They may not have taught 360 + or – point but they emprise the use of pressure points to disable their opponents.
2. RRouuslet and I may not always agree but he was trained by Seiyu Oyata and from everything I have ever heard he knows his stuff.
3. the answer “Before I do are you pro Dillman or not” is not really a good way to make any friends. A simple question was asked. Simple courtesy could have been observed in answering it. Perhaps the person simply wanted more information o as to put much of this thread in some kind of perspective.
4. I knew Mr. Dillman back in the early 70’s before he started all the pressure point stuff. He was a good Karate person back then and I have no reason to believe he became less of one for learning and practicing new material to improve on what he had. I do have a problem with anyone who openly teaches anyone off the street the use of pressure point attacks without knowing how responsible that person is. I do have a hang up with “no touch knockouts” but that is my hang up. When it is demonstrated on me I will reconsider my point of view.
5. I do not know of Song Pak(s) or his history, could you please tell me of this person and his background.

R

RHD

ppko said:
Ok I get it you are one of Mr Montegues students or another one of the many that learned from George and now say " No I didn't learn from George I knew this all along" well let me tell you somthing if it wasn't for GM George Dillman the Western hemisphere would never of know about pressure points...PPKO

I have to disagree with this statement. This is a very karate-centric claim. There are other systems out there that use pressure points and have taught them in the Western world. Southern Preying Mantis style and Yau Kung Mun for example. Sometimes the Okinawan/RyuKyu crowd forgets that they aren't the only ones who have knowledge of these methods.

However, I must chime in on behalf of the Dillman crowd. I have had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Dillman's friend, student, and co-author Mr. Chris Thomas. Having worked with him, he helped to illuminate many things for me which I was able to apply to my own system (Hung Gar Kung Fu) and in turn, gain a much better understanding of it. It's good, effective material...Just a matter of understanding the how's and why's, and then being able to apply them when it matters.

Mike

OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
tshadowchaser said:
I must say a few things at this point.

1. as to the statements: “ Actually if Seiyu Oyata had not moved to the western hemisphere, no one would known about pressure points.” and “well let me tell you something if it wasn't for GM George Dillman the Western hemisphere would never of know about pressure points,” is way out of line. There are others who have taught the use of pressure point attacks in their systems. They may not have taught 360 + or – point but they emprise the use of pressure points to disable their opponents.
2. RRouuslet and I may not always agree but he was trained by Seiyu Oyata and from everything I have ever heard he knows his stuff.
3. the answer “Before I do are you pro Dillman or not” is not really a good way to make any friends. A simple question was asked. Simple courtesy could have been observed in answering it. Perhaps the person simply wanted more information o as to put much of this thread in some kind of perspective.
4. I knew Mr. Dillman back in the early 70’s before he started all the pressure point stuff. He was a good Karate person back then and I have no reason to believe he became less of one for learning and practicing new material to improve on what he had. I do have a problem with anyone who openly teaches anyone off the street the use of pressure point attacks without knowing how responsible that person is. I do have a hang up with “no touch knockouts” but that is my hang up. When it is demonstrated on me I will reconsider my point of view.
5. I do not know of Song Pak(s) or his history, could you please tell me of this person and his background.
1. GM Dillman is the one that first openly taught pressure points in the western hemisphere, and if it wasn't for him than there wouldn't be the knowledge of pressure points that there is.
3. After the threads that he had posted under what he wrote I am forced to be a little defensive.
5. Song Pak is a Kiai Jitsu man he grew up in the USSR he has studied in oriental medicines for a number of years for more info. www.kiaijitsu.com

PPKO

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ppko said:
Southeastern

Thats too bad, If you were closer to the chicago side Id come check you out!

My instructor has been to some of Mr Dillman's seminars, and I would love to see some Pressure point fighting...

Oh well.

OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Thats too bad, If you were closer to the chicago side Id come check you out!

My instructor has been to some of Mr Dillman's seminars, and I would love to see some Pressure point fighting...

Oh well.
Go to Dusty Seale he is in the Chicago Area and a very good martial artist he is in DKI go to www.dillman.com and look under schools

PPKO

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
ppko said:
PPKO

Thanks! Yup, I know Ken Smith well; he has been at Modern Arnis for some time now. Glad you had a chance to meet him.

:asian:

OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
Thanks! Yup, I know Ken Smith well; he has been at Modern Arnis for some time now. Glad you had a chance to meet him.

How long have you been in Modern Arnis

PPKO

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
ppko said:
Are you in the same organization as Ken or in a different one

PPKO

Different one, but I am one of Master Kens contemporaries, as we both trained with Professor around the same time period (although I was much younger). We have different outlooks on the art, but that is the beauty of Modern Arnis; there are many paths to the same end. As the Professor used to say, "It is all da same!"

OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
Different one, but I am one of Master Kens contemporaries, as we both trained with Professor around the same time period (although I was much younger). We have different outlooks on the art, but that is the beauty of Modern Arnis; there are many paths to the same end. As the Professor used to say, "It is all da same!"

Great if you don't mind which organization are you in and do you still get along with the other groups, or stay in contact.

PPKO

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Code:
are you anywhere near Cambridge, if so do you know Tony Annesi

I am about 60 miles west of Cambidge. No I have never met Mr. Annesi, but if you give me some information on him, ill be glad to make an attempt at meeting him.
You can put the info here or PM me with it.