Kyusho Jitsu

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello all, my name is Joe Morris, and I am openning up this thread for anyone who has questions about pressure point fighting. I currently study under Grandmaster T.A. Frazer, one of George Dillmans top three. So any questions at all I will answer, but I will not respond to attacks against Kyusho Jitsu.

Best Regards,
Joe Morris

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
On behalf of the MartialTalk Admin/Moderators WELCOME! I look forward to the dialogue. I have done a couple of seminars with Joe Lansdale, who founded Shen Chuan, and he and Mr. Dillman are acquanted. Lots of fun watching people literally, fall out when you give them a light tap in the right place.

There is a place for it to blend into Mr. Parker's American Kenpo with our trying to "pinpoint" targets. The gross motor stuff works, it is just more fun to be precise and accurate with an understanding of the physiology of what you are doing.

Your initial post seemed somewhat defensive. Are there problems you are anticipating? We have mechanisms in place to control threads that get out of control. It is somewhat disconcerting for me to have someone post a statement that in some way, attempts to control the dialogue that is sometimes necessary for newbys ... and some old timers, to learn something new.

Once again, welcome aboard and glad to have you with us.
smileJap.gif

-Michael

OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome, and the only reason I posted the thread like I did was problems that I have had on other forums

Joe Morris

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well i have a question for you, my father was in the marine old time marines, trained in japan and korea, tought judo and karate for 26 of his 32 years,anyway there is a pressure point in the foot that helps to relieve cramps without having to walk it out or rubb it out, do you know it or maybe a book on the right way to do it without hurting someone..unfortunitly I never learned this from my father should have I know but from some reason always, guess he would be around, and by the way any good books or seminars you know please private message them to me I'm in Texas.... God Bless America and welcome to this forum alot of great people here I can tell you that they have giving so much insight to me and my family.. Have a great time with everyone here....

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
lightly tap or hit the area with a palm, rub the area in a circlar motion. Message the area with the flat parts of your hand or fingers. Don't press with the finger tips. The point you maybe refering to is KD1 which is on the bottom of the foot. It is in the depression of the sole of the foot.

S

Shinzu

welcome ppko!

this forum is very different than other forums. we act as a family and learn as individuals. it is very open minded and we welcome the knowledge of others.

please give us a little background on yourself. again... welcome to MT!!

OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Terryl965,

I can honestly say no I don't know at this time but check back Mon., or Tues and I will try to find out I am about ready to go see George in PA. and will ask some people their.

Joe Morris

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I've seen a few Dillman tapes with him doing his KO's, and I was pretty impressed. One thing that I'd like to see though, esp. on the tapes, is some KO's with the 'attackers' moving. It seems like most of the time, all you see is him doing the KO with the other guy just standing there. I would think that with movement, its going to be a little harder to hit the spots.

Can you shed some light on this?

Mike

OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Shinzu,

I started training in the martial arts 10 years ago, under Tim Foster he taught me Shotokan, Shin Gi Tai Jujitsu, Combat Gung-Fu, and Aikijujitsu. Well eventually he stopped teaching so I stopped learning. Well I went on a search for a good school and passed up about 100 or so until I ran into Dusty Seale (also a George Dillman student) and I got back into the martial arts, Dusty wasn't there long and turned the place over to T.A. Frazerand that is where my learning really took off, I started training in Ryukyu Kempo, Kyusho Jitsu, Jodoryu Jujitsu,and Kiai Jitsu.

Best Regards,
Joe Morris
PS. I am going away this wekend so I will answer any questions on Mon., or Tues.

OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Mjs,

When you see that the person is standing still it is to show people how the knock-out is done. When George films these he films them in a seminar setting and just like you we are still learning and so is George. If the knockouts were performed at full speed you also have a better chace of injuring the person and we wouldn't be able to see what happened.

Best Regards
Joe Morris

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
ppko said:
Mjs,

When you see that the person is standing still it is to show people how the knock-out is done. When George films these he films them in a seminar setting and just like you we are still learning and so is George. If the knockouts were performed at full speed you also have a better chace of injuring the person and we wouldn't be able to see what happened.

Best Regards
Joe Morris

Thanks for the reply. The reason I asked this, is due to some encounters I've had when teaching students a Kenpo tech. For example, I used to teach the tech. slow at first, and then faster. This, at times, would often make students question if the tech. would actually work when someone was trying to hit you at a much faster speed. I then changed that method of teaching, and first demo'd the tech. faster and then slower to eliminate that doubt.

I do understand what you're saying though. Due to the learning aspect and precise spots that you have to hit, going slow is the only way to really pick it up. However, then it seems to just stop there. After doing it slow, showing the tech. at a quicker speed, with movement, may give the student a better visual aid as to what its going to be like to apply it.

Mike

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to the boards ppko, I think you will find this a different environment than other MA forums.

As far as Kiai Jitsu, do you have a website or someplace we could go to learn more about it? I am not familiar with it, but would be interested in hearing its history and what type of techniques and principles it uses.

7sm

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
kiai-jutsu

Did a search for Kiai jutsu and came up with this. I've heard of healing with sound waves before. I've also seen research for using sound generating weapons for crowd control. Using these principles in a martial art is very cool.

Welcome to the board PPKO. Folks here generally try to be very accomodating to everyone else. Our pissing matches are few and far between and usually shut down quickly by the mods.

KyleShort

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hi ppko,

I'd like to know what constitutes an "attack" on kyushu jitsu? This is not meant to be antogonistic in anyway at all, but I'd like to know if this thread is open to disagreement. Is this only a thread for those people who agree with the concepts of your art?

I for one do believe in pressure points for pain application, but I have yet to see empirical studies that support the efficacy of kyushu jitsu for knockouts etc. Are you willing to discuss this, or should I keep such questioning to myslef? Out of respect, I wish to not deviate from the intent of your topic.

Thanks and welcome!

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't know much about it. I do know this guy has done some major work on it. His name is Gary Rooks his web site is www.home.fuse.net/Rookskarate/index.html

Once you get to his home page, click on resourse at the top of the page click on that link which will give you a description of what sound projection is.

He use to be with Dillman, now him and several other top martial artist have formed Kyusho International. There site is www.kyusho.com
Bob

OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
7starmantis said:
Welcome to the boards ppko, I think you will find this a different environment than other MA forums.

As far as Kiai Jitsu, do you have a website or someplace we could go to learn more about it? I am not familiar with it, but would be interested in hearing its history and what type of techniques and principles it uses.

7sm
This won't give you much info, but this guy is very credible his name is Song Pak and the website is www.kiaijitsu.com or you can look up Gary Rooks he is also very good with kiai jitsu

OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
theletch1 said:
kiai-jutsu

Did a search for Kiai jutsu and came up with this. I've heard of healing with sound waves before. I've also seen research for using sound generating weapons for crowd control. Using these principles in a martial art is very cool.

Welcome to the board PPKO. Folks here generally try to be very accomodating to everyone else. Our pissing matches are few and far between and usually shut down quickly by the mods.
Gary Rooks used to be a member of DKI and is very good with Kiai he is now with Kyusho International

Latest Discussions