Kug Maky Ung Ryu Ninjitsu

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:idea: You could always make friends with one of the blokes on The World's Strongest Man competition!

This fellow has some truck tires to spare, and it looks like he's even a good enough guy to help you move them. :D

StrongmanInside.jpg

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
:idea: You could always make friends with one of the blokes on The World's Strongest Man competition!

This fellow has some truck tires to spare, and it looks like he's even a good enough guy to help you move them. :D

StrongmanInside.jpg

Wow, that looks like a playground.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ok, now that's funny.
Anyway, who the hell's dumb enough to mess with someone rolling a fricken truck tire? And it's street legal! No way any cop can say you're carrying a concealed weapon! :rofl:

I can see it now, "Is that a monster truck tire in your pocket or are you happy to see me."

If the concealed tire carry option becomes available, I am going to create a line of tire holsters.

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That guy should seriously look into learning the crane style....harharhar.

j

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Make mine a shoulder rig. :lol:

Honestly though. If you were walking down the street carrying as monster truck tire, who is gonna screw with you? Nobody, because they are going to think you are certifiably nuts.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Honestly though. If you were walking down the street carrying as monster truck tire, who is gonna screw with you? Nobody, because they are going to think you are certifiably nuts.

Ah, but what if you run across someone more so? :lol2:

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ah, but what if you run across someone more so? :lol2:

That' show the original strongman contests came to be. Two hullking, tire wielding ninjas met on a narrow bridge. Neither wanted to give way to the other....so...they compared the size of their tires and then started flipping them...the rest....is history.

(I resisted going for the real ultimate power reference...it wasn't easy :D)

Peace,
Erik

Raynac

Green Belt
Reaction score
That' show the original strongman contests came to be. Two hullking, tire wielding ninjas met on a narrow bridge. Neither wanted to give way to the other....so...they compared the size of their tires and then started flipping them...the rest....is history.

(I resisted going for the real ultimate power reference...it wasn't easy :D)

Peace,
Erik

and the history is both ninjas lost because the bridge couldn't take the impact of both tires being flipped simotaneously. moral of the story? ninja's should carry sharp star shaped objects and not monster truck tires :roflmao:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
and the history is both ninjas lost because the bridge couldn't take the impact of both tires being flipped simotaneously. moral of the story? ninja's should carry sharp star shaped objects and not monster truck tires :roflmao:

Brilliant!! :D

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score

I guess that means I don't get to be a ninja today. All I have is big tires and no sharp pointy things.

OP
emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Green Belt
Reaction score
Been looking at some historical works on ninjitsu. When Andrew Adams published what many believe to be the first english language work on ninjitsu, his main adviser was none other than Yoshiaki Hatsumi (now masaaki). He also cites Heishichiro Okuse as well as Yumio Nawa and Norihiro Iga-Hakuyusai. These men were all active "ninjas" as of 1970. This is a clear problem for those who claim modern ninjutsu is only pure if decended from hatsumi or tanemura.

Nowhere in the book is the term "taijutsu" used. When refering to the hand to hand combat, the text states " During the rise of the shogun and bushi in the 13th century, sumo wrestling was converted into a ROUGH, offensive, martial art form from which some say jujutsu and eventually judo developed. A close inspection will show that many of the Judo throws today closely resemble those of it's sumo progenitor. In the Kamakura period and subsequent eras, samurai learned sumo techniques for practical unarmed combat on the battlefield. Thus, the newly developed martial art, called kumi-uchi, was simply a means of boosting the samurai's fighting efficiency." Just prior to the above text it states, in regard to the ninja, "At the same time, he was skilled in hand to hand combat, using wrestling and boxing techniques that were the forerunners of jujitsu, judo and karate."

I think the semantics of the whole pure lineage system may be contrived.

TimoS

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Just prior to the above text it states, in regard to the ninja, "At the same time, he was skilled in hand to hand combat, using wrestling and boxing techniques that were the forerunners of jujitsu, judo and karate."

I have no idea who Andrew Adams is, but if I understood the above correctly, he is implying that karate is somehow descended from samurai arts.

If so, that is total:bs1:

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Been looking at some historical works on ninjitsu. When Andrew Adams published what many believe to be the first english language work on ninjitsu, his main adviser was none other than Yoshiaki Hatsumi (now masaaki). He also cites Heishichiro Okuse as well as Yumio Nawa and Norihiro Iga-Hakuyusai. These men were all active "ninjas" as of 1970. This is a clear problem for those who claim modern ninjutsu is only pure if decended from hatsumi or tanemura.
Okuse is a historian not a Ninja. Nawa is a historian.

Actually most are historians. How much did they actually train if any in Ninjutsu is debatable.

The only reference that is widely accepted as Ninjutsu comes from Takamatsu and some elements in some Koryu schools.

Nowhere in the book is the term "taijutsu" used.
Huh I did not know you can read Japanese. In the books I am sure other wording was used maybe Dakenjutsu or Koshi or Koppo or all the other names for unarmed combat in Japanese.

During the rise of the shogun and bushi in the 13th century, sumo wrestling was converted into a ROUGH, offensive, martial art form from which some say jujutsu and eventually judo developed
But if we look at how Jujutsu evolved from Sumo and I mean really it did evolve into a class of its own. Same with Judo and comparing it to the Koryu Jujutsu you can see clear differences.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have no idea who Andrew Adams is,

Adams wrote a dubious history on the ninja back in the late 60's early 70's that contained such factual gems as "ninja often carried sacks of angry monkeys to hurl at their opponents as they fled" and what have you...

Not, IMO a very reliable source of historical information. I'd believe Stephen Turnbull's histories before I'd believe Adams, and from what I understand Turnbull's stuff is pretty inaccurate as well.

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Adams wrote a dubious history on the ninja back in the late 60's early 70's that contained such factual gems as "ninja often carried sacks of angry monkeys to hurl at their opponents as they fled" and what have you...

Not, IMO a very reliable source of historical information. I'd believe Stephen Turnbull's histories before I'd believe Adams, and from what I understand Turnbull's stuff is pretty inaccurate as well.

:lfao: Monkeys! :lfao:

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nowhere in the book is the term "taijutsu" used. When refering to the hand to hand combat, the text states " During the rise of the shogun and bushi in the 13th century, sumo wrestling was converted into a ROUGH, offensive, martial art form from which some say jujutsu and eventually judo developed. A close inspection will show that many of the Judo throws today closely resemble those of it's sumo progenitor. In the Kamakura period and subsequent eras, samurai learned sumo techniques for practical unarmed combat on the battlefield. Thus, the newly developed martial art, called kumi-uchi, was simply a means of boosting the samurai's fighting efficiency." Just prior to the above text it states, in regard to the ninja, "At the same time, he was skilled in hand to hand combat, using wrestling and boxing techniques that were the forerunners of jujitsu, judo and karate."

So which text is emiliozapata quoting? Might be a good idea to put that here if it was copyrighted and for those of us who wish to crack that book open.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So which text is emiliozapata quoting? Might be a good idea to put that here if it was copyrighted and for those of us who wish to crack that book open.

Sounds like Adam's BS but I'd have to crack the book and see... I have a copy around someplace I bought at a garage sale for 50 cents about 10 years ago. I wasn't aware Kumi Uchi was an art unto itself.

Latest Discussions