Kug Maky Ung Ryu Ninjitsu

emiliozapata

Green Belt
Reaction score
hello, I am in the process of evolving as a martial artist, the final culmination of which is the creation of my own school of ninjitsu which I will never train on any commercial level , however I have begun training my 2 sons and my expectation is that this will become a family treasure many generations beyond me.

Last edited:

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I have no idea what Kug Maky Ung is. It does not sound Japanese.

What makes what you are doing or creating Ninjutsu?

You really can't put a bunch of techniques and call it Ninjutsu.

newtothe dark

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Why if you have ever read this forum would you think that would get anything but flamed post after post I have no idea.:flammad::hb:

Tsuki-Yomi

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Good luck with your venture. I am sure your family will enjoy it. I know of another Zapata that teaches in the Bujinkan. Any relation?

OP
emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Green Belt
Reaction score
Based on my understanding of the essence of ninjitsu, it is perfectly fine for me to throw together a set of principles and techniques and name it as my own ryu. T o say otherwise shows a lack of understanding what lies deep within the foundational underpinnings of the art.

Tetsujin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Except of course that you've done nothing at all to describe your level of experience and knowledge of ninjutsu whatsoever. What exactly is your "understanding of the essence of ninjitsu" which you speak of? And why didn't you think to include such information in your OP?

For you to think that you could post your intention to found your own ryu, without making any attempt to describe your level of experience and knowledge, and not expect to draw any flak is itself enough for me to safely conclude that you are either unqualified to do so, or are simply trolling.

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Based on my understanding of the essence of ninjitsu, it is perfectly fine for me to throw together a set of principles and techniques and name it as my own ryu. T o say otherwise shows a lack of understanding what lies deep within the foundational underpinnings of the art.
I am sorry it does not work like that.

You can't throw random things together and call it Ninjutsu.

Your "understanding" may be wrong as evidence of your post.

I think I have a better understanding of how creating your own ryu-ha works. It is you who can't even spell Ninjutsu correctly and if you spoke NinJITSU to a native Japanese they most likely would tell you its wrong.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It does if he wears a shinobi shozoku.
No, that just makes it a made-up system practiced in a shinobi shozoku. I can play tackle football in my yard with a bunch of gear from nfl.com, it doesn't make me a Minnesota Viking.

CDKJudoka

Purple Belt
Reaction score
No, that just makes it a made-up system practiced in a shinobi shozoku. I can play tackle football in my yard with a bunch of gear from nfl.com, it doesn't make me a Minnesota Viking.

I missed putting the smiley face in. Too many people think that a gi will make you a ninja. But it just makes you somebody who likes wearing funny black PJs.

OP
emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Green Belt
Reaction score
Spelling is the least of my concerns, as a boy, when the whole ninja craze came around, it was spelled either way, later in an attempt to split hairs and seek legitimacy and seperation, people began emphasizing the ju spelling in pompous fashion.

original ninja were men of little means and were by nature pragmatic guerillas skilled in asymmetric warfare. The closest thing to anyone training in the modern equivalent of ninjJItsu, are the various special forces operators. They are the truest practicioners of the concepts of ninjitsu today.

I myself am a combat veteran of two deployments to Iraq. My unarmed combat experience includes training in modern army combatives, competition experience in BJJ, Judo, and Shingitai JiuJitsu, and training in kickboxing.

My Kug Maky Ung system of ninjitsu will emphasize modern weaponry such as combat pistol and long range shooting, as well as knife and club.Some traditional weaponry will be trained, mostly to satisfy my sons' interests.

I have self studied from various bujinkan and koga resources and feel well qualified to synthesize my own ninJItsu ryu and make it my family art. Our training sessions have thus far been so fun for my kids that they dont even realize they are working hard.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Spelling is the least of my concerns, as a boy, when the whole ninja craze came around, it was spelled either way, later in an attempt to split hairs and seek legitimacy and seperation, people began emphasizing the ju spelling in pompous fashion.
Really? I have several books written by Masaaki Hatsumi in the 80s and he uses the ninjutsu spelling exclusively. So do Hayes' books. :idunno:

original ninja were men of little means and were by nature pragmatic guerillas skilled in asymmetric warfare. The closest thing to anyone training in the modern equivalent of ninjJItsu, are the various special forces operators. They are the truest practicioners of the concepts of ninjitsu today.
Um, no. They are the truest practitioners of special forces tactics.

I myself am a combat veteran of two deployments to Iraq. My unarmed combat experience includes training in modern army combatives, competition experience in BJJ, Judo, and Shingitai JiuJitsu, and training in kickboxing.
Commendable. But none of it qualifies you to teach ninjutsu.

I have self studied from various bujinkan and koga resources and feel well qualified to synthesize my own ninJItsu ryu and make it my family art.
This thread suddenly makes a lot of sense.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

My Kug Maky Ung system of ninjitsu will emphasize modern weaponry such as combat pistol and long range shooting, as well as knife and club.Some traditional weaponry will be trained, mostly to satisfy my sons' interests.

I have self studied from various bujinkan and koga resources and feel well qualified to synthesize my own ninJItsu ryu and make it my family art. Our training sessions have thus far been so fun for my kids that they dont even realize they are working hard.

:BSmeter:

Oh and

:bs:

And Lastly go preach this crap somplace else... Just because the description of this section says it is for Members of all Ninpo schools, making up an art of your own and calling it "Ninjitsu" hardly qualifies. This ******** wouldn't fly for any tradtional art, so it shouldnt for Ninjutsu either. But if you wanna be as real as the *oh my god we cant say their name* Ninjistu *******s, or the Made up BS Budo Ryu people... or any of the wannabe Fake Koga ryu schools, have it... but don't come in here looking for acceptance. You won't find it. Wanna test a theory, call your made up art "Yagu Shinkage Ryu" and tell them that you are qualified to teach it based on your "studies" and see how far it gets you.

OP
emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Green Belt
Reaction score
Could you explain to me what you feel the original intent of those training in ninjitsu was. It would be nice if you could also explain what you feel qualifies as ninJUtsu today. Your feeling of exclusivity is troubling.

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score

As someone who can read Kanji and pronounce Japanese,Who lived in Japan and who is married to Japanese I can tell you there is a huge difference between the word Jitsu and Jutsu. Most people in Japan if you said Jitsu would not understand but I guess will forgive you if you are a gaijin.

Hanzo Hattori was well respected and some say a Samurai. From my understanding the role of a Ninja function was to gather intelligence,espionage,and sabatoge.
My wife's last name is Kaneko and she has Kaneko Kamon(mon)family crest

There was a Kaneko Ninja family but you don't see me nor my wife try to create Kankeo ryu ninjutsu!!

My unarmed combat experience includes training in modern army combatives, competition experience in BJJ, Judo, and Shingitai JiuJitsu, and training in kickboxing.
Still does not make it Ninjutsu.

You have to know the Ninja jūhakkei as well as Bugei Juhappan.

And to know that is to know an oral transmission of Ninpo.

I don't know how long you have been training. Self studied as in taught youself?

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Could you explain to me what you feel the original intent of those training in ninjitsu was. It would be nice if you could also explain what you feel qualifies as ninJUtsu today. Your feeling of exclusivity is troubling.

Ninjutsu is not somthing Bob the Ex Ranger does in his backyard. Sorry. Ninjutsu is a more or less dead series of arts which were encompassed into the battlefield arts of anceint Japan. They arent in China, or Korea, or Lala Gi Joe Land... they were, and exsit today as 3 remaining of about 70 ancient arts. PERIOD. You cant slap a Ford GTO sticker on a Hyundai and make it a Ford Gto, and then cry "exclusivity" when the GTO owners call you out and say you are full of ****. Sorry.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
ATTENTION ALL USERS:

Please, keep the conversation polite and respectful.

-jks9199
-MT Moderator-

Latest Discussions