Kenpo Sticks

Mine are 1" OD and .750" ID / .125" wall thickness.

Reid Plastics has some stuff from time to time,
but McMaster-Carr http://www.mcmaster.com
has a super selection for those wanting to try synthetics.

Worth checking out methinks:D

Not bad if you have to use them, be sure to use lots of duck tape though.

I really like the Action Flex ones the best right now.

:cool:

Originally posted by Roland

I really like the Action Flex ones the best right now.

:cool:

We use PVC pipe cut to lenght, covered with foam pipe insulation,
and duct tape for some exercises. They still sting, but don't hurt.

Actually, if you want lighter sticks that don't sting as much, try laying the duct tape along the line of the stick, so that it only takes three strips of duct tape to cover the stick.

If you wrap the duct tape around the foam, you get alot more overlap and a heavier stick. It probably is stronger, but it also causes more flex in the stick, which most people are trying to avoid, particularly if you are working with anything the length of a jo or staff.

For sticks of 3.5 feet or less I use cpvc (the cream colored), for staff length training weapons I use schedule 40 PVC (the grey stuff).

You still will get flex in the longer weapons, but that is actually similar to what you find in chinese rattan staffs and spears.

For harder sparring we simply wrap long wooden dowels in the insulation, it still takes control, but it has more impact when it hits.

Salute,

Lamont

Get the caps to put on the ends, that way the pipe will not as easily pop out of the tape and foam to wack someone in the lips.

:eek:

Mine are 26" long, weigh 4 pounds apiece, machined from cold rolled steel pipe, sand blasted and black oxided. Needless to say, I use them for workout only!

CPVC is the hot water pipe I use, not PVC. I always cap the ends and add extra tape there. They are softer, more flex, and faster due to less weight. They also fit into a smaller person's hand more easily.

Oss & keep on whackin'

With all these great stick stories, my wife wants to know were all here broom sticks and mop handles went...

Originally posted by molson
With all these great stick stories, my wife wants to know were all here broom sticks and mop handles went...

:rofl: :rofl:
That brings back a couple of memories.:rofl:

Back