Kehcorpz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not true. Do you think I'd watch videos if it didn't interest me?

If I knew what's good and what's also suitable for me cause I'm fragile then I'd start it.

I wish I wasn't so fragile. I really don't know if there are many martial arts which I could even do cause of this. :(

If I click 'show ignored member', I can see you!

Here's my last advice to you:

If you are physically fragile (which you're not but think you are), that wouldn't matter and you could still train 90% of places.

If you are mentally fragile (which you are, but AFAIK you are still denying), most serious martial art schools are not for you until you can build up some mental toughness and handle a 'martial' art.

This is not what you want to hear, so I am 100% sure it will go in one ear and out the other, but figured I might as well make one final attempt.

kehcorpz

Blue Belt
Reaction score
If you are physically fragile (which you're not but think you are), that wouldn't matter and you could still train 90% of places.

Oh so you know my medical record? This is ridiculous and insulting!

I cannot bend my knees completely without pain.
I have been having knee pain constantly for over 1,5 years WITHOUT having an injury
or provoking it.

I have been having pain in one finger when I bend it for 1 year straight WITHOUT doing
anything to provoke it.

That's fragile.

While I was still working out I got problems with multiple joints so I had to quit after 1 year.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have been having knee pain constantly for over 1,5 years WITHOUT having an injury
or provoking it.

I have been having pain in one finger when I bend it for 1 year straight WITHOUT doing
anything to provoke it.

That's fragile.

While I was still working out I got problems with multiple joints so I had to quit after 1 year.

When I was born-or shortly after I was born-I wound up with scarring on my lungs that basically gave me 60% lung capacity..for life.Runny noses. Frail. Asthmatic. Once or twice, before the age of 11, pretty much nearly dead.

Took up martial arts. Stuck to it. Took up weightlifting. Stuck to it. Took up a lot of other things. Stuck to them.

Got injured. Got bruises. Stuck to it. For like, ever-from 11 to now, and I'm 56

Got cancer. Chemo. Pretty wretched stuff. Stuck to it.

Cancer :"free." Still dealing with physical issues, like surgery, changes in my aging body-in addition to aging. Bad knees. Bad ankles. Blood clots. And the joy of what I've come to call "kote gaeshi arthritis."
Still stickin' to it.

There's a sign on the stairs up to my dojo:
nowhining.jpg

I suggest you heed it, and get back to training. In the words of my drunk uncle John, "You either do it, or you do it, or you do it. There is no other choice."

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score

If I knew what's good and what's also suitable for me cause I'm fragile then I'd start it.

I wish I wasn't so fragile. I really don't know if there are many martial arts which I could even do cause of this. :(

Go train. Like right now. The only thing that needs to coming out of your mouth right now is a loud kiai.

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
When I was born-or shortly after I was born-I wound up with scarring on my lungs that basically gave me 60% lung capacity..for life.Runny noses. Frail. Asthmatic. Once or twice, before the age of 11, pretty much nearly dead.

Took up martial arts. Stuck to it. Took up weightlifting. Stuck to it. Took up a lot of other things. Stuck to them.

Got injured. Got bruises. Stuck to it. For like, ever-from 11 to now, and I'm 56

Got cancer. Chemo. Pretty wretched stuff. Stuck to it.

Cancer :"free." Still dealing with physical issues, like surgery, changes in my aging body-in addition to aging. Bad knees. Bad ankles. Blood clots. And the joy of what I've come to call "kote gaeshi arthritis."
Still stickin' to it.

There's a sign on the stairs up to my dojo:
View attachment 20041
I suggest you heed it, and get back to training. In the words of my drunk uncle John, "You either do it, or you do it, or you do it. There is no other choice."

You are an inspiration. Keep being awesome.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
or provoking it.

anything to provoke it.

That's fragile.

If it were important enough to you; you will find a way to train; if not you will find an excuse.

There are many here that suffer from painful injuries or afflictions and continue to train. I for one do not subscribe to your excuses.

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just yesterday my sifu overworked me to the point of vomitting. You know what I did kehcorpz? I continued to train because I love training and love becoming stronger.

I could have used feeling sick as an excuse to just go home but no, I really wanted to be there so I found strength to continue. You need to do this.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

or provoking it.

anything to provoke it.

That's fragile.

I've had problems with my knees since 1986 and they ache nearly constantly. That was 2 years before I started training in my primary art and 23 years before I did my first 3-mile mud run. I have a toe that doesn't bend beyond about 25 degrees for the last 15 years. I have a thumb that hurts when I type more than a few sentences (it's starting to ache already). I have an ankle that has been wanky for about 6 years.

And yet I train. I get thrown, I take joint locks, I spar (sometimes with students who don't have great control).

Still want to claim joint pain is your barrier?

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kehcorpz, this is not a contest you want to win. Be thankful you do not have it as bad as some people here. And then....

GO TRAIN!!!!

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

or provoking it.

anything to provoke it.

That's fragile.

Similarly to elder (although nowhere near as bad), I was born with lungs that don't work to their full capacity. I was also born with scoliosis that has only gotten worse over time, and if I fence or run for to long now I get searing pain that takes about an hour of me treating it with heat/pressure to go away. The pain is still there otherwise, just not as noticeable. Like many on here, I have knee problems (I'm likely the same age as you or younger), but there actually is a cause for them (bad fencing lunges on a repeated basis primarily) and they are a valid issue, that I have actually been confirmed to have unlike yours.

You have an undiagnosed knee problem, and pain in one (just one) of your fingers. You hurt your joints after working out for a year, and my guess would be it was how you were working out (I believe you said without a trainer for that year) rather than anything with your body.

At the very least, 4 people on this page of this thread alone have it worse than you. At least two (possibly 3) have arthritis, which I can almost guarantee is worse than the joint and knee pain either one of us feels. All of us practice martial arts.

Not a single thing you had said in any of your threads that I have read implies that you are too 'fragile' to practice, including the threads where you tried to convince us of that. That is why I am stating you are mentally fragile, rather than physically fragile. It is not ridiculous, and it is not meant as an insult, it is a hard truth.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

or provoking it.

anything to provoke it.

That's fragile.

The secret is, don't cry out loud. Just keep it inside, and learn how to hide your feelings. Fly high, and proud, and remember, you almost made it. o_O

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

You're right there's not so goodbye

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

There are lots of ridiculous things in your threads. Most of them are NOT what you think they are.

Neither can I. Won't stop me from kicking you in the head, though.

or provoking it.

I have been having knee pain for at least 15 years.

anything to provoke it.

One whole finger??? You poor thing!!!!

I have one eye. Arthritis in my knees, ankles and feet. Degenerative disk disease. A couple spinous process fractures. A couple broken ribs with non-union of the bone - because I was back at work in the ER 2 days after the motorcycle crash that caused the fractures. An incurable neuroendocrine cancer that causes hot flashes like a woman in menopause, cardiac arrhythmias like Atrial Fibrillation, kidney stones, and horrible diarrhea.
The last time I had surgery, they removed 18" of gut and 6 tumors. I was released from the hospital Tuesday morning. Tuesday evening I was at the Dojang. No, I wasn't moving very well. But I was on my freaking feet instead of my ***.
Oh, and I broke a toenail doing some heavy bag work a few days ago.

That's fragile.

That's not the word I would choose...

Suck it up, Princess.

Red Sun

Green Belt
Reaction score

I'll try to be more polite, incase you're being 100% serious in your desire to learn about martial arts: Everything you just listed off are disadvantages, not game-enders. MA's will not adapt to your pedantic needs, YOU have to adapt to the martial arts. You have to be willing to make compromises, and solve problems.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You see @kehcorpz this is what martial arts are about. Everyone has some excuse not to train myself I haven't trained in a gym for a bit since mines closed for the summer but I'm still working out when I can and running and shadow boxing and I've got a sprained ankle and broken hand. This stuff happens look at all these people who've had a lot worse than your stuff yet carry on training maybe or maybe not these problems they have affect their abilities a little but they still will more than you ever will because at least they're staying active and learning more than can be said for you, sorry to interrupt your YouTube training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions