Jon jones fails drug test yet again

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Headhunter, Aug 23, 2017.

1. MA_Student

MA_Student Blue Belt

Teaching and fighting are completely different. If you took a teaching drug you wouldn't be at risk of hurting anyone. To me in something like golf or tennis or football then whatever but fighting is where even when not juicing there's risk of causing serious Injury to someone else so taking that junk puts people's health at even more risk.

Also I couldn't do it because I'd consider myself a fraud. My attitude has always been you get what you work for. For example if I'd taken my black belt grading and taken a drug to help me pass it wouldn't mean anything because it wasn't me that did it it was the drug. That's just me I see why people would but to me I consider anyone who juices mentally weak. Like Jon jones goes around saying he's the greatest to ever live...does he actually believe that when he's been juicing for god knows how long. Can he truly think his skills are better than everyone else's when he has an unfair advantage. It's no different to if I win a race but have a minutes head start

2. JR 137

JR 137 Master of Arts

I agree with what you're saying, but I'm going to play devil's advocate here...

Pride is one thing, money is another thing. The black belt you reference is a pride thing. I wouldn't want it that way either. But if there was a $5 million prize for getting it, pride alone wouldn't keep me from putting a needle in my a$$ to get it. Especially when a lot of other people around me are doing the same thing. When I feel all guilty and start crying about it, I'll reach for a wad of $100 bills to blow my nose and wipe my tears while I'm relaxing in my hot tub and watching a movie on my 100" tv. Paid for by guilt money of course.

As far as the potential for hurting people... sure. But on the flip side, what if my opponent is doing them and I'm not? I'm theoretically at a greater risk. If we're both doing it, the playing field is even. How do you know your opponent isn't?

I worked as an athletic trainer at a few Div I schools for about 15 years. I've seen the temptation many times. I've never once agreed with it, but I get it. I've seen people work their butts off and hit that glass ceiling. If they were just a step faster, or could jump a few inches higher, or were just a little stronger, they'd be at the next level. If money wasn't involved, it wouldn't be a big issue. But if you've got a 20 year old kid who's seen his entire family struggle his whole life, "cheating" in a way that a lot of others do eases that guilt quite a bit.

If I grew up with my parents regularly not knowing where our next meal was coming from, and me doing PEDs had a realistic chance of breaking that cycle (nothing is ever guaranteed), it would be quite hard to say no.

Again, I'm playing devil's advocate. I'm empathetic to people doing PEDs, not sympathetic. I guess it's the difference between "I get it" and not "I agree with it."

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. MA_Student

MA_Student Blue Belt

So apparently jones passed a blood test the day of the fight but the drug he was busted for can't be traced in blood only urine and it only stays in your system for 4 hours. I believe he's been taking it his whole career and slipped up this time or took more or whatever because its convinient he's busted the first time he finishes a guy in years

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MA_Student

MA_Student Blue Belt

So his B sample tested positive for steroids as well and his win has been overturned. Bye bye jon jones happy early retirement

5. CB Jones

CB Jones Master Black Belt

Probably just a bad batch of Flintstones vitamins

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. MA_Student

MA_Student Blue Belt

Or he was having trouble downstairs again

7. CB Jones

CB Jones Master Black Belt

Well.....cocaine can do that to you. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. drop bear

drop bear Sr. Grandmaster

Tainted meat.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MA_Student

MA_Student Blue Belt

Daniel Cormier is again the champ. Good on him he's a fantastic fighter and a good guy

• Like Like x 1
  10. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise MT Moderator Staff Member

Absolutely! Good that they got this right!

11. MA_Student

MA_Student Blue Belt

Problem is DC is probably going to get even more crap off idiots saying he's not the true champion etc

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Steve

Steve Mostly Harmless

I completely agree. Your post is very similar to what I wrote years ago with regards to Brett Boone, a former mariners 2nd baseman, who was so obviously juicing at the time.

13. JR 137

JR 137 Master of Arts

I remember that post. Very true IMO.