Jon jones fails drug test yet again

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The 4th DUI in New Mexico should be a felony. Not sure what number this is for him. Plus his BAL being above twice the legal limit, means that he should auto-lose his license for a year, or be forced to have an IID in his care. My bet will be that he'll find some way to change the charge, or take the IID (he probably has enough cars he can get around it if he wants).
Found an article. This is only his second DUI, not 3rd. And he pled guilty. I'm guessing the addition will be like my guess above-at some point during this he'll get an IID put in. And he'll probably have in his probation (and his outpatient), a condition stating he is not allowed to drink while on probation. Which most of the time when it's broken just results in more treatment and an extended probation (and sometimes an SCRAM bracelet (alcohol monitor).

None of which I expect him to care all that much about. Or to change any of his behaviors.

Reedone816

Blue Belt
Reaction score
actually the first dui is when he crashed his Bentley while had an underage girl as his passanger.
the second one was when he hit a car driven by a pregnan woman.
i forget in what state the first one was...

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
actually the first dui is when he crashed his Bentley while had an underage girl as his passanger.

I checked a couple different articles, and they all concur this is his second DWI. This article mentions what you're likely referring to, where he left the scene of an accident and received a felony hit-and-run charge (the other incident mentioned, with the disorderly conduct, was really a battery charge but got brought down in the plea deal).

So based on it being his second official DWI (the courts can't assume he was drunk in the hit and run if that's not involved in the charge), his sentencing falls in line with the norm (especially since he stated he has an unhealthy relationship with alcohol, which is what many say when they want treatment rather than jailtime), although I feel it should be more harsh, particularly with the rest of his recent record, and the gun charge that got dropped in the plea deal.

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score

He also got arrested for drag racing and swearing at a police officer

Reedone816

Blue Belt
Reaction score
@kempodisciple thaks for the correction.
@Headhunter yes i remember that, wasn't the same officer also in this last case?
i respect his carefulness, when he let the other officer to do the test.

Latest Discussions