Jon jones fails drug test yet again

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Eh, if you actually watch the fight, Jones completely demolished Gustaffan, and it had little to do with physical power. He completely shut down his opponent's game on a meta level. He really is on an entirely different level than his competition.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'm not sure where I said anything of the sort. it's all entertainment I dont care if it's fixed, doped up, rigged, clean, not fixed all I care about is that it entertains me. I dont know any of the fighters so I assume they are all fake and phoney and I dont care as long as they do thier jobs. It bothers you so dont watch it's fine that's your choice
What the heck? You remember all the crazy town stuff you used to post about drugs? But now you're fine if the pro athletes are doped up? What a hypocrite.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
What the heck? You remember all the crazy town stuff you used to post about drugs? But now you're fine if the pro athletes are doped up? What a hypocrite.
There is a HUGE difference between the 2. Nothing hypocritical about it. Taking a substance that alot of the time is legal for a nonprofessional to take but it's on some banned list by the USADA that helps your own body reach its peak performance in sports is far different then smoking a dipper getting naked and humping a park bench in front of kindergartners walking to school.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
There is a HUGE difference between the 2. Nothing hypocritical about it. Taking a substance that alot of the time is legal for a nonprofessional to take but it's on some banned list by the USADA that helps your own body reach its peak performance in sports is far different then smoking a dipper getting naked and humping a park bench in front of kindergartners walking to school.

Yes, there is a massive difference.

Using banned performance enhancing drugs is worse than using recreational drugs that are only illegal due to confusion over taxation and ongoing profiteering.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ATTENTION ALL USERS

Personal attacks and political discussion are both not allowed on MartialTalk. Please avoid personal attacks, and head to an outside forum such as usmessageboard.com if you wish to have a political discussion.

William H
@kempodisciple
MartialTalk Moderator

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have many thoughts on this. I think when Jones is an old man he will look back and wonder, "What the hell did I do, how could I have been so stupid?"

Also, I don't give a rat's behind if an opponent of mine is juiced, cranked up on amphetamines or whatever the hell the latest wonder drugs are. Good luck to him, it's going to end up the same way anyway.

And I DO NOT trust drug testing at all, not one little bit. I once failed a drug test, testing positive for Heroin, Morphine and all opiates. Morphine? Who the hell does Morphine?

You know what it was from? I ate three lemon, poppy seed muffins earlier that day. Poppy seeds test positive for those three. It was the longest, ugliest week of my professional career. And since then...I don't trust no stinking drug tests anywhere from anybody.
E9DB2B4B-4190-48E1-94E2-4206187066E7.jpeg

DC87AF0F-9762-4A70-9F3E-F399A23FD5B1.jpeg

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have many thoughts on this. I think when Jones is an old man he will look back and wonder, "What the hell did I do, how could I have been so stupid?"

Also, I don't give a rat's behind if an opponent of mine is juiced, cranked up on amphetamines or whatever the hell the latest wonder drugs are. Good luck to him, it's going to end up the same way anyway.

And I DO NOT trust drug testing at all, not one little bit. I once failed a drug test, testing positive for Heroin, Morphine and all opiates. Morphine? Who the hell does Morphine?

You know what it was from? I ate three lemon, poppy seed muffins earlier that day. Poppy seeds test positive for those three. It was the longest, ugliest week of my professional career. And since then...I don't trust no stinking drug tests anywhere from anybody.
Did they give you 2 cups or one during the test?

When I tested people, we used The Center for Drug-Free Sport (I’m pretty sure that’s what we used; it was whoever the NCAA used). We had to get 2 cups, for this purpose.

The first cup was an initial screening, of sorts. If a positive/red flag was raised, they’d do a more in-depth test of the second sample.

Here’s an example...

I had an athlete’s initial sample test positive for ephedrine, which is banned. The second sample was tested and it was made clear it was actually pseudoephedrine (aka Sudafed), which is not banned.

Had you given 2 samples, they’d have further tested the second and not had any confusion. I’m assuming your worst week ever was because you only needed one, which failed, then you gave another one, which was able to distinguish between poppy seeds and actual opiates, straightening it all out.

As far as I know, all sports drug testing uses two samples vs one; for this purpose specifically.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
ATTENTION ALL USERS

Personal attacks and political discussion are both not allowed on MartialTalk. Please avoid personal attacks, and head to an outside forum such as usmessageboard.com if you wish to have a political discussion.

William H
@kempodisciple
MartialTalk Moderator

Was mine the personal attack or the political one?

Just for reference...

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Did they give you 2 cups or one during the test?

When I tested people, we used The Center for Drug-Free Sport (I’m pretty sure that’s what we used; it was whoever the NCAA used). We had to get 2 cups, for this purpose.

The first cup was an initial screening, of sorts. If a positive/red flag was raised, they’d do a more in-depth test of the second sample.

Here’s an example...

I had an athlete’s initial sample test positive for ephedrine, which is banned. The second sample was tested and it was made clear it was actually pseudoephedrine (aka Sudafed), which is not banned.

Had you given 2 samples, they’d have further tested the second and not had any confusion. I’m assuming your worst week ever was because you only needed one, which failed, then you gave another one, which was able to distinguish between poppy seeds and actual opiates, straightening it all out.

As far as I know, all sports drug testing uses two samples vs one; for this purpose specifically.

Oh, no, no, no. Oh, how I wish it had been that easy. I have to get ready for work right now, I'll get back to this right soon. It's a rather interesting story. A lot of people got involved, everyone from the National Health Institute to Tripler Army Medical Center (headquarters of the Pacific Regional Medical Command of the armed forces administered by the United States Army in the state of Hawaii) They didn't get involved out of the goodness of their hearts. I went and got them involved. And they all helped me. They were as pissed as I was when I told them what was happening.

AND my photo went up at all entrances of my facility with a "DO NOT ALLOW ACCESS." When the guys questioned how are we supposed to stop the guy who trained us, they were told "By any and all means possible". A Federal Law Enforcement Officer one day, an out of work, suspected junkie trouble maker the next day.

Fortunately, it all worked out. And my department was embarrassed like you read about. But more on that later, I gotta' go to work.

All this over fricken' poppy seed muffins. Man, I do not trust drug testing to this day. Never will.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score

Yes, poppy seeds will show a positive for opiates. BUT, they leave the system very shortly (usually within 24 hours). Some places will ask a person if they have consumed anything with poppy seeds prior to a test and have them come back the next day. While some people/places know this, others just jump to a conclusion and not retest.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are tox screens, and there are tox screens. The sensitivity and selectivity varies widely.

kyoshima

White Belt
Reaction score
He has a very serious problem with drugs. I hope he will fix them somehow. Wanna see him fighting again! Hope he has enough money to attend a rehab clinic. They all are quite expensive. Or maybe his sports insurance covers such things. Your insurance can cover rehab too, just check addictionresource.com/insurance-coverage/.Hope you won't need it, but still.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
He has a very serious problem with drugs. I hope he will fix them somehow. Wanna see him fighting again! Hope he has enough money to attend a rehab clinic. They all are quite expensive. Or maybe his sports insurance covers such things. Your insurance can cover rehab too, just check addictionresource.com/insurance-coverage/.Hope you won't need it, but still.
*applauds segway* :D

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
and again Jones proves he's the biggest p4p POS in Mma

UFC champion Jon Jones arrested for aggravated DWI, negligent use of firearm in Albuquerque

I have no respect for this man what so ever. He's so arrogant and full of himself he doesn't care who he hurts. 1 DWI is disgusting but I know this is at least his third, plus a drag racing arrest. The man should be doing jail time now no question about it. I lost my wife to a drink driver so I know how much pain idiots like him can cause.

Reedone816

Blue Belt
Reaction score
and again only get slap on the wrist, 4 days home arrest with community service.
hope in the second court his driving license will be taken.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
and again only get slap on the wrist, 4 days home arrest with community service.

It's absolutely pathetic....4 days stay at home when the world is in self isolation yeah great punishment....honestly it's disgusting and I'm never paying to watch any of his fights again. I have no respect for him whatsoever. Also the fact that UFC have said or done nothing.

A boxer got his liscense suspended recently for making a parody or joke video of hitting women. But this clown is allowed to drink drive a million times and fire off a gun while drunk and gets no punishment. I'm not condoning the boxer either it was obviously very stupid and inappropriate but what jones has done is way worse

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's absolutely pathetic....4 days stay at home when the world is in self isolation yeah great punishment....honestly it's disgusting and I'm never paying to watch any of his fights again. I have no respect for him whatsoever. Also the fact that UFC have said or done nothing.

A boxer got his liscense suspended recently for making a parody or joke video of hitting women. But this clown is allowed to drink drive a million times and fire off a gun while drunk and gets no punishment. I'm not condoning the boxer either it was obviously very stupid and inappropriate but what jones has done is way worse

That's because the UFC cares more about PPV buys than what is right.

Reedone816

Blue Belt
Reaction score
That's because the UFC cares more about PPV buys than what is right.
true, they still tries to push ufc 249.
may be because in feb they just given their shareholders 300 mill, to calm the market down.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

The 4th DUI in New Mexico should be a felony. Not sure what number this is for him. Plus his BAL being above twice the legal limit, means that he should auto-lose his license for a year, or be forced to have an IID in his care. My bet will be that he'll find some way to change the charge, or take the IID (he probably has enough cars he can get around it if he wants).

Latest Discussions