Ive Given Up the Filthy Habit!!!!!

Kamaria Annina

Green Belt
Reaction score
Congratulations! I remember my dad had the hardest time quitting... It showed me how hard it can be to stop. You definitely have my support!!

OP
Raewyn

Raewyn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Chobaja said:
You aren't alone. I am only 2 months removed from both tobacco and "other" smokable substances.

Doesn't the air taste better?

Sure does, I can smell alot better too!!!!!

Thanks everybody that posted for the extra support. Has really helped.!!

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
So the good news is that Raewyn has made it through her first weekend as a non smoker... being the modest wee thing she is she wont rave about it, but I will :)

I have been so impressed with Raewyns attitude, a lot of people that give up smoking get real grumpy and angry etc, but this little lady has been in the best of moods, she has maintained a positive attitude even through the cravings and the close calls!

Im so proud of you!!.....8 Days and counting!

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sarah said:
So the good news is that Raewyn has made it through her first weekend as a non smoker... being the modest wee thing she is she wont rave about it, but I will :)

I have been so impressed with Raewyns attitude, a lot of people that give up smoking get real grumpy and angry etc, but this little lady has been in the best of moods, she has maintained a positive attitude even through the cravings and the close calls!

Im so proud of you!!.....8 Days and counting!
WOO-HOOO!!!! Keep it up. Raisin!

Also, congrats to Chobaja, good job!

And I bet you guys not only can smell better, but smell better to others as well. :wink2:

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Way to go Raewyn! You are doing awesome!

Keep it up sweetie, you are well on your way. I am so proud of you. :D

OP
Raewyn

Raewyn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Man................ 9 long days without a smoke!!!!! Nearly caved on sunday morning, but managed to get through eating a whole bag of apples!!!!!! Havnt really noticed any change in my fitness yet. Guess that will take a while. Thanks again everyone for posting your support. When I start to cave again, ill just re-read these. Its getting quite hard now, I just want the cravings to go away!

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Raisin said:
Man................ 9 long days without a smoke!!!!! Nearly caved on sunday morning, but managed to get through eating a whole bag of apples!!!!!! Havnt really noticed any change in my fitness yet. Guess that will take a while. Thanks again everyone for posting your support. When I start to cave again, ill just re-read these. Its getting quite hard now, I just want the cravings to go away!
Hang tough, Raisin--I know you can do it!!! :ultracool

Btw, I like the cigarrette with the "X" over it. :D

lulflo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Keep on going, you may never notice the change in fitness because it happens so gradually, but I would say that if you started jogging/running, you would notice it when you look back over a month of consistency. See what happens, instead of taking a 5-10 min break outside and sitting down like you used to, take 5-10 minutes and see how far you can run and get back, 5 minutes out, 5 minutes back and RUN RUN RUN, no more of the filthy habit.

GOOD LUCK AGAIN
smile.gif

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wish you the best of luck..May you have the willpower to keep off them forever..Would that I was able to..

INDYFIGHTER

Purple Belt
Reaction score
After ten years of 1 to 2 packs a day I have been nicotine free for three months and seven days. That's 3,942 cigarettes I have not inhaled since I quit and $689 I have saved. To anyone who has recently quit or wanting to quit I highly suggest you check out these sites. They are full of information on nicotine addiction. It's easy to just keep smoking, challange yourselves to taking the harder path, it's worth it folks.

Chris

http://sharemeter.com/

http://whyquit.com/

Latest Discussions