Ive Given Up the Filthy Habit!!!!!

OP
Raewyn

Raewyn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
INDYFIGHTER said:
After ten years of 1 to 2 packs a day I have been nicotine free for three months and seven days. That's 3,942 cigarettes I have not inhaled since I quit and $689 I have saved. To anyone who has recently quit or wanting to quit I highly suggest you check out these sites. They are full of information on nicotine addiction. It's easy to just keep smoking, challange yourselves to taking the harder path, it's worth it folks.

Chris

http://sharemeter.com/

http://whyquit.com/
Awesome stuff, way to go.

it has been 26 days without a cigarette!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
INDYFIGHTER said:
After ten years of 1 to 2 packs a day I have been nicotine free for three months and seven days. That's 3,942 cigarettes I have not inhaled since I quit and $689 I have saved. To anyone who has recently quit or wanting to quit I highly suggest you check out these sites. They are full of information on nicotine addiction. It's easy to just keep smoking, challange yourselves to taking the harder path, it's worth it folks.Chris
Good for you, Indyfighter!! :supcool:

INDYFIGHTER

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Way to go Raisin! You are doing so well. It my quit group, Freedom, there are anniversaries for different milestones. You would now be Green. Two months is double-green, three is bronze and then double and triple bronze. Six months is silver and a year is GOLD! My first month was the hardest! It was kind of tough for a couple weeks after that but then it just got so easy. You are doing a great job! Keep it up. If you would need any support or someone to just gripe at feel free to email me. I don't have a computer at home but I've got access at work five days a week. Keep it up and remember that all you have to do is stay nicotine free by Never Taking Another Puff!

Chris
Free and healing for 3 month, 11 days! :ultracool

OP
Raewyn

Raewyn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
arnisador said:
That money'll be spent on beer or something! GET IT BACK!

Its more likely to be me to spend it before I've saved it!!!

C

c2kenpo

Kudos from here!!!

I know being a previous smoker myself how difficult quitting is. You have my congratualtions and support full time on this 3 years from now you will see an amazing difference in your life and your attitude towards it.

:partyon:

And for my own piece of mind I give thanks again to Skip Hancock.....*bow* The first seminar I had with him was the day I quit smoking.

Congrats again.

Dave Gunzburg

OP
Raewyn

Raewyn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well...............................................................................

I suck, literally and metaphorically speaking. I HAD A SMOKE NOT JUST ONE BUT THREE!!!!!
I have let you guys down but more so myself. I was so sure I could do it!!!!!!!!!! After 5 weeks I have let myself down. I am so pissed with myself I am crying Why did I do it!!!! My son is upset with me. Had a barbeque at work with free booze. Thought I could handle it. I rung up Sarah and told her I wasnt going to make it to training. In hindsight I just should have gone to training. I suck, I suck and Im ******. No one but myself to blame. I thought because I really wanted to give up it would work and I was doing so well. I could just kick myself now. Ive got 5 more weeks before I go for my blue tip.
Im sorry everyone who has posted support for me. I feel like such a fraud. As Sarah would say "Im having a severe "pity party" if anyone wants to come feel free!!!!!!

WHAT DO I DO NOW!!!!!!

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You start again. From the beginning except this time you know that you can do it! Don't beat yourself up over this. Sometimes you falter but the really really important thing is that you do't quit quitting! Chin up. You can do it, look how far you have come already. :)

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
it is cliche-ish, but if at first you don't succeed, try, try again. You've only failed if you let one set back stop you from quitting again. You went 5 weeks, to me that is impressive. My mom could only do about a month and then she restarted and hasn't tried again, so as far as I am concerned you haven't let anyone down. You are obviously finding it harder to quit than you thought, understandable, but you can do it. And most of all don't beat yourself on it, I don't think any of us expected you to be perfect. You can quit, you just got to keep trying. Find the good things out of what happened, like you didn't start chain smoking again, or go out and restock on cigs and use that as your next starting point and go from there.

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Get back to quitiing again, 3 smokes after 5 weeks is a lot better than you were doing. It is a slippery slope, don't beat yourself up-just get set again. After 4 weeks your body is over the physical need- you have to think of your self as a way cool non smoking martial artists that always looks in control and not dependent on your crutch!

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Raisin said:
Had a barbeque at work with free booze. Thought I could handle it. I rung up Sarah and told her I wasnt going to make it to training. In hindsight I just should have gone to training. I suck, I suck and Im ******. No one but myself to blame. I thought because I really wanted to give up it would work and I was doing so well. I could just kick myself now. Ive got 5 more weeks before I go for my blue tip.
Im sorry everyone who has posted support for me. I feel like such a fraud. As Sarah would say "Im having a severe "pity party" if anyone wants to come feel free!!!!!! WHAT DO I DO NOW!!!!!!
This is what you do, Raewyn....................................................
Don't give up!!!
Just keep training & don't go to any pubs or parties where alcohol is available--at least for a month. When my father quit smoking, he had to quit drinking coffee for a few years because his morning ritual for 20 yrs was a cup of coffee & cigarrette. When I quit, I had to stop going to bars & dance clubs because wherever there was alcohol I HAD to have a smoke....so I didn't go to bars & clubs for a year. My point is, you need to stay away from anything that would remind you of your old habits. You are at a stage where you are ingraining new habits; make your MA training your new "habit."

Just keep doing what you were doing before the BBQ--training & keeping busy. You did good by admitting the "slip up" --we're human beings, & therefore are not perfect. Get back on track, lady!! :)

I know you can do it. :ultracool

psi_radar

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey, don't beat yourself up. Five weeks for a first attempt is great. If I had a hamster for every time I fell off the wagon, I'd be needing to buy some snakes by now. I know you feel ****** for letting yourself and others down, but just get right back on that wagon, congratulate yourself for making it five weeks, and move on. You'll make it eventually.

Best of luck! And remember, only two drinks at a sitting, tops. Alcohol in social situations was usually my downfall as well.

Latest Discussions