Is Obama black?

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Elder I have to run its Midnight and time to go home but I wanted to say I'm sorry that happened to you. Police Work has changed alot in the last 30 years its not excuse for what was done but had that happened today that officer would be the one in jail and rightfully so.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what were you charged with?
Oh and Im not big on using the smileys and things Heck I just learned to multi-quote the other day

I wasn't charged with ****. I was taken in on suspicion.......as in suspicion of whatever they could come up with had happen in the short time I'd been in their miserable, flat, rednecked, room-temperature IQ'ed excuse of a state. You know what's wrong with Florida? Too many goddam Floridians. :lol:

Elder999, you need to stop hanging around with so many democrats. The name calling and racial epithets would be a lot less.

Just so you know, bill, because I've posted it here before, I'm a registerd Republican-have been for a long time. The only Democrats I know of that I "hang around with" are my mom and my wife. My mom doesn't use racial epithets, and the only time my wife does is in bed.......and I don't mind one bit....:lfao:

(Nah, she doesn't really-I just thought that was a funny thing to say...hell, it's worse than that: Rita votes Green Party :lfao: )

Elder I have to run its Midnight and time to go home but I wanted to say I'm sorry that happened to you. Police Work has changed alot in the last 30 years its not excuse for what was done but had that happened today that officer would be the one in jail and rightfully so.

No need for you to say sorry-and thanks. Honestly, though-I'm pretty thick skinned, and lucky it wasn't '65, or I might have been fed to the 'gators....:lol:
And I'm not bitter at all-I've come to relish all my life experiences, even the ones that were miserable-and I love everyone, except morons.

It's worth remembering, though, that-while police work in most places has changed a lot in the last 30 years, racist morons are still pretty much the same, and there's not much pre-employment screening for that....

Last edited:

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
you trying to say something ?

and I dont think Jeff was acting like an asshat, so that doesnt even work....

try again

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
so the moral of the story is you look like a hell's angels reject you will get treated like one.

One of those H.A. guys might have gotten the same treatment after getting pulled over, but I'm willing to bet that if he were as polite and compliant as I was he'd have been allowed to go on his way, and, if not, the cop would have at least offered some B.S. charge, instead of a rude, racist, and completely unecessary comment......

.....of course, it would be another coupla years before looking like a Hell's Angels reject would become completely fashionable for poser doctors, lawyers, and policemen, so I guess I was, as always, ahead of my time...:lfao:

yorkshirelad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, but we're talking about here in the USA....where most of the Irish are "white," including the "black Irish." :lol:

The first time I heard that term was here in California funnily enough.

Seriously, though-we're talking about here in the USA, where I've been told that I "talk nice, without all that jive" and been told that I "talk like you want to be white. Where I've been arrested just for being black in Palm Beach.(Don't believe me? When I asked for the charge, the cop said How about I charge you with being a ****** on the sidewalk on a sunny day?) Where people-sometimes people I've been just introduced to and sometimes complete strangers from just across the room-will come up to me and politely ask "What ethnicity are you?" or, less politely (and comically) "What are you?" or, "What kind of Indian are you?" or "Are you Samoan or something?" Where I've been told by black barbers that I have "nice white hair," and told by white barbers that they can't cut my hair.

Where, in just 2007, I was called "******" for the umpteenth time, though the first time in New Mexico, after nearly 14 years.

Ye, that sucks! it's embarassing just reading it. I can't imagine what it was like for you.

Where my son has been called zebra, or porch monkey and heard his mother defamed simply for having me for his father.

It has to be infuriating knowing your kids are going through this. If it was me, my blood would be boiling.

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My wife and 2 step daughters are Japanese. But the girls took my last name when we married, and it can be frustrating when they meet someone who gives them a double-take and then a very thurough once over when they hear a foreign name. The younger one got so tired of it that when she entered college she used my name on all her official paperwork, but had her dad`s name put on all her nametags.And they all three hate that abusive SOB.

"What are you?" seems to be a daily thing for them. It`s followed with the assumption that the whole family, including the dog, is perfectly bilingual and that my wife can cook any and all American dishes.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
My wife and 2 step daughters are Japanese. But the girls took my last name when we married, and it can be frustrating when they meet someone who gives them a double-take and then a very thurough once over when they hear a foreign name. The younger one got so tired of it that when she entered college she used my name on all her official paperwork, but had her dad`s name put on all her nametags.And they all three hate that abusive SOB.

"What are you?" seems to be a daily thing for them. It`s followed with the assumption that the whole family, including the dog, is perfectly bilingual and that my wife can cook any and all American dishes.

I've been all over the world, and lived in Japan for 14 months-it's easily the most racist place I've ever been, though it was often completely innocent/ignorant/oblivious, and rarely with any malice...

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I've been all over the world, and lived in Japan for 14 months-it's easily the most racist place I've ever been, though it was often completely innocent/ignorant/oblivious, and rarely with any malice...

You just described it to a tea. Every week I`ll hear someone say something completely off the wall and I just have to shake my head and laugh becaause there`s never any hatred or malice...... just overwhelming ignorance of the world around them. I like to think that part of my job is to help them sort through all that.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
You just described it to a tea. Every week I`ll hear someone say something completely off the wall and I just have to shake my head and laugh becaause there`s never any hatred or malice...... just overwhelming ignorance of the world around them. I like to think that part of my job is to help them sort through all that.

Yeah, I had two old duffers in the bath incredulous because I didn't have a tail-apparently, some British guy in post-war occupation had told them that "blacks" had tails....:lfao:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yikes Elder! I heard some bizarre things about redheads when I was in Sendai...nothing quite like having a tail though :lol:

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Growing up in the middle of a Catholic neighbourhood, I've been asked to show my horns.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Growing up in the middle of a Catholic neighbourhood, I've been asked to show my horns.

Blame it on the Vulgate Bible, and Michaelangelo.

"... when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him. (Exodus 34:29 KJV)

And it came to pass when Moses descended from Mount Sinai, and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand when he descended from the mountain and Moses did not know that the skin of his face had become radiant while He had spoken with him (Exodus/Shemot 34:29 Judaica Press Complete Tanach)

In Hebrew, the word for “radiant” is hebanרַן, an expression meaning horns (קַרְנַיִם). According to Rashi (1040-1105CE), the Jewish preeminent biblical commentator, this word was used because "light radiates and protrudes like a type of horn.”
The Septuagint or Greek version of the Hebrew bible (3rd-1st century BCE) translates this phrase as "his face was glorified." Conversely, Saint Jerome's Latin Vulgate translation (5th century CE) was cornuta esset facies sua "his face was horned."

And here's Moses, as depicted by Michaelangelo for Pope Julius II's tomb, in the Church of St. Peter:

Attachments

• $moses1.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 167

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Blame it on the lack of vowels in Hebrew. The root for radiant (kuf-resh-nun) is the same as horn.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Jeff, I try to tell people about how racist the orient is, and how America is about the least racist country going.....it shocks them every time

i heard the tail thing too when i was stationed there

Latest Discussions