Is Kenpo the Ultimate Martial Art......?

What sort of things can Kenpo improve on?

Of course you have to be somewhat objective with this question.

Originally posted by GouRonin
What sort of things can Kenpo improve on?
Of course you have to be somewhat objective with this question.

Well, I don't think "Kenpo" can improve on anything, rather the leaders of the Art with what they profess and proclaim would be an objective goal.

:asian:

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

Well, I don't think "Kenpo" can improve on anything, rather the leaders of the Art with what they profess and proclaim would be an objective goal.

Uh, oh, I feel something headed my way.:soapbox:

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

Why or Why not?

I think it could be one of the best vehicles- but that depends on who is doing the teaching, grading etc. The stuff is there it is just a matter of finding someone who is teaching and giving 100 percent most of the time.

Kampo is only the ultimate art if it was taught to you by Mr. Parker.
Im young and know I didnt know the man and I greatly respect him for what he has done, but the more I read the crap you guys right the more I wish hed slapped you all around alittle, or at least in his will mentioned that he was not GOD.

On a normal day, I would really tear into some one for posting this kind of tripe........It's a normal day.
Originally posted by tigerstorm

Kampo is only the ultimate art if it was taught to you by Mr. Parker.
First of all, it is K-E-N-P-O. Several people on here were taught by Mr. Parker. Brush up on your reading skills.

Isn't it past your bed time?
and know I didnt know the man and I greatly respect him for what he has done,

You should have stopped there.
but the more I read the crap you guys right the more I wish hed slapped you all around alittle,

What do you base this on? Hmmm? Do you have any idea how many people here felt his teachings? You know what, I wished he'd slapped me around a little. But he didn't, so I had to get slapped around by a bunch of other intelligent, highly trained teachers. Now that I am a teacher in my own right, I'd be most happy to slap around annoying little gits who so desire.
or at least in his will mentioned that he was not GOD.

1.) God does not do Kenpo as well as SGM did, just ask him yourself.
2.) Do you have any idea what was in his will? I can't attest to his will, but in his published writings, he expressed a desire for his art to breathe, live and grow. He expressed a wish for everyone to come to terms with Kenpo using the tools he provided. How you build your house with the tools he left us is largely up to you. Some choose to build an outhouse.
:soapbox:

Well said, Seig. It's smart assed kids like that who gives the martial arts a bad name

Spell checker is really needed here, don't you think?

Side note: There used to be one built in, but the service went pay, and the $100+ per month is sadly out of our budget. I am keeping my eyes open however in case a sollution presents itself.

We now return youto the thread. :)

Originally posted by arnisador
Please, keep the discussion polite and respectful.
-Arnisador
-MT Mod-

What the %$#@ did I do now?

Oh...wait...you're not referring to me. Sorry...I'm just so used to it you know...

*snicker*

:rolleyes:

Yeah...this one wasn't for you....you actually had a serious comment up there.... :D

Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz

Yeah...this one wasn't for you....you actually had a serious comment up there.... :D

Not for me either, I'm good here, besides, I keep looking at the BIG BLADE to the far left. I want no COLD STEEL!:eek:

Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz
Yeah...this one wasn't for you....you actually had a serious comment up there....

Doood, I am soo slacking off. I'll try working much harder and longer hours to make sure that the moderators have something to do. You have my complete apologies. I have been remiss in my duties.

But man, I am totally chomping at the bit over here to run rampant in the Women's forum section. However, with Arnisador holding my leash with one hand and a rolled up newspaper in the other I'm not going anywhere I suppose.

*sigh*

My comments were not meant to be so offensive. What Im saying is that this is supposed to be a martial arts site,(yes I know this is the Kempo/Kenpo part), but I dont see anyone who seems to have an open mind from the EPAK system. You all seem to hate any other form or branch of Kempo/Kenpo and wont hear anything any other stylist has to offer. As I said I respect Mr. Parker, its the people on here who constantly put down anyone else that bothers me. I do not see anything come from the good thoughts that are put on here. People ask decent truthfull questions and automatically the subject is changed.
Its great that some of you are friends but I think it gets kind of old watching people reply, "yeah...your right". I thought this was a place to come and share ideas not tell someone else there full of crap because they arent part of your organization.
If I offended anyone go ahead and yell at me, however, believe me or not I didn't mean for anything to sound against Mr. Parker, all Id like to see is an open mind on here instead of a constant attack of what isnt yours.

Tigerstorm,
Ok, in that context, I can reply a bit more civil. To understand what is going on you have to understand that for the past 11 years, there has been a large feud going on in the Kenpo world. Who is right or wrong doesn't really matter; because, it is largely a matter of perspective. Once you understand that, I mean REALLY undertsand it, then you will also understand that what cooperation is going on on this boars is nothing short of miraculous. I do not necessarily like nor even respect every one on this board, that is human nature. But I do respect and admire what is happening here and I will defend the people here with great tenacity and vehemence, wether I agree with them or not. It is not true that we do not listen to each other, you have no idea what goes on behind the scenes. Before differences in styles/approaches can be made, bonds, trust, and friendship must evolve, and it is happening here. Some will put others down no matter what and some of it is simply MA bonding, you have to learn which is which. You also have to understand that there are literally generations worth of information available here and that a lot of it is freely given. Some of it is outright BS and is recognized as such. A vast number of EPAK people originated in other systems, we're not overlooking those systems nor do we even hate them but if there was something about it that clouded our vision of it, we're going to react badly to it, that my friend, is simply human nature. Sometimes an honest question is asked and we interpret it as a troll and think, "Oh, what a cute little fuzzy creature, let's play with it." More often than not what happens is that someone asks a question that is badly worded, one way or another, and it is misinterpreted. Most of us are expereinced board members and well, if it looks like a troll, we treat it like one. More idea sharing goes on than a.) you understand or b.) have read. I don't recall anyone hear saying that someone was full of crap because of their organization or lack thereof. Yes, we have told a few they were full of crap, but that was not organizationally biased. The Kenpo Family is rebuilding many years of family feuding and is a bit sensitive, it is a long and difficult process, opening minds is harder than closing them; but it is happening. Think your questions out well, word them as best you can, while avoiding anything ambiguous. Time will either....................................(it's a cliche for a reason.)
Seig:asian:

Latest Discussions

Back