Irresponsible Gracie Jiu-Jitsu ad?

OP
Hanzou

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Here's another ad I've found about women and Bjj. Please note, it may be NSFW.

Irresponsible?

Last edited:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's another ad I've found about women and Bjj. Please note, it may be NSFW.

Irresponsible?

Sex sells, everyone knows that, so you buy their product and you turn into a super sexy fighter......yeah right, dream on. Irresponsible yes, sexist yes, stupid yes, misleading yes, distasteful yes. Stupid and pointless as well as demeaning to female martial artists, setting them up as the femme fatale of Hollywood myths.
and no I'm not a jealous female before anyone says that. There's so much wrong with that it's disappointing to see it being put here.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sex sells, everyone knows that, so you buy their product and you turn into a super sexy fighter......yeah right, dream on. Irresponsible yes, sexist yes, stupid yes, misleading yes, distasteful yes. Stupid and pointless as well as demeaning to female martial artists, setting them up as the femme fatale of Hollywood myths.
and no I'm not a jealous female before anyone says that. There's so much wrong with that it's disappointing to see it being put here.
Im Missing the +REP thing again

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Typical advert really. The people whom make these, seem to believe that intimate feminine areas, have a bearing on anything a women does. Rather silly really. Sort of thing you would on a Chris Tarrant show. Deary me.

OP
Hanzou

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score

So if it was a guy fighting in his undies against two robbers there wouldn't be a problem?

Last edited:

KydeX

Orange Belt
Reaction score
If I ever have a break-in in my house, I'm gonna run downstairs naked. Nobody wants to fight with a naked man :)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So if it was a guy fighting in his undies against two robbers there wouldn't be a problem?

Of course there would be a problem if presented in the same way. Why should anyone male or female be objectified in this way?

OP
Hanzou

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Of course there would be a problem if presented in the same way. Why should anyone male or female be objectified in this way?

Now see, I don't view it as objectification. I view those Victoria Secret commercials where skinny women are prancing around in lingerie as objectification. A woman in a vulnerable position fighting back against two thieves and kicking both their butts? I think that's pretty cool.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I ev a break-in in my house, I'm gonna run downstairs naked. Nobody wants to fight with a naked man :)

Grant Waterman (a UK MMA ref) was in the middle of reffing a fight when a naked man ran into the cage, the fighters stopped, sat down to watch as Grant went to stop the streaker but he suddenly pulled away from the man and let the security catch him. Asked afterwards what had happened he said he'd been about to RNC the guy when he remembered it was being videoed and it really would not have looked good!:D

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Now see, I don't view it as objectification. I view those Victoria Secret commercials where skinny women are prancing around in lingerie as objectification. A woman in a vulnerable position fighting back against two thieves and kicking both their butts? I think that's pretty cool.
So they need shower scenes and slow motion close ups of her butt to sell a GI?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You would.

OP
Hanzou

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If it's on a video you believe it, simples.

Actually there was a case where a Bjj practitioner did subdue and choke out 2 robbers.

He was a man though.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
If it's on a video you believe it, simples.
Tez, telling people what they think is your pet peeve. Don't do it to hanzou.

Hanzou, there's a very heated thread regarding the sexualizatio of women you would find interesting and relevant. You'll have to look for it as I'm in a phone. This is a very sensitive topic and I strongly urge you to take it easy. Will escalate quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
[E="Hanzou, post: 1675274, member: 31336"]Actually there was a case where a Bjj practitioner did subdue and choke out 2 robbers.

He was a man though.[/QUOTE]

Good for him.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
[E="Hanzou, post: 1675274, member: 31336"]Actually there was a case where a Bjj practitioner did subdue and choke out 2 robbers.

He was a man though.

Good for him.[/QUOTE]
It happened once so.....

Latest Discussions