inteview of tkd blackbelt

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It also is poor form to criticize openly about other instructors (naming names), especially former ones. Great way to sow sour grapes....

This is just to clarify what I mean. I was not referring to any of the posters here. My comment was referring to Mr. Geary's article how he fully criticized his instructor for *not* promoting him. True, his instructor kept taking the money, but if Mr. Geary's skill/attitude is not commensurate with his rank, then what more could be done? You stay in training, you pay for your training.

All I can see from his video is that he is in love with his belts....

- Ceicei

Gentle Fist

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well seeing how Chow was a 15th dan, it will just be a mater of time before Geary finds someone to rank him 16th dan. So he can make a whole new website dedicated about how great of a journey it was to pass Professor Chow.

In all seriousness, what style of Kenpo does he teach? He doesn't have a branch in the Kenpo tree. He has up to 4th kyu Shaolin material, some goju stuff, and then what? What does he teach his dan ranks, if he doesn't have the real material?

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well seeing how Chow was a 15th dan, it will just be a mater of time before Geary finds someone to rank him 16th dan. So he can make a whole new website dedicated about how great of a journey it was to pass Professor Chow.

In all seriousness, what style of Kenpo does he teach? He doesn't have a branch in the Kenpo tree. He has up to 4th kyu Shaolin material, some goju stuff, and then what? What does he teach his dan ranks, if he doesn't have the real material?

Clearly, if he's a tenth degree, then he's beyond your petty mortal questions. And don't ever get the idea of taking him on either. Because if you strike him down, he'll become more powerful that you could ever imagine!:jediduel:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We are all waiting to see what that will be...

I saw CNG drinking a Piña Colada at Trader Vic's.

And his hair was perfect.

bill007

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Clearly, if he's a tenth degree, then he's beyond your petty mortal questions. And don't ever get the idea of taking him on either. Because if you strike him down, he'll become more powerful that you could ever imagine!:jediduel:

Danjo, do you know by any chance what is Midichlorian count is?? :rofl:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey everyone!​

Look at how many gold reputation pips I have!!​

It's official!!​

I'm a now a "10th" too !!!!!!!

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:​

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Do you have enough patchs on your Gi to be a 10th degree??

dianhsuhe

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Prophetic words from Super Duper GGM Geary:

Some people may wonder why someone would be promoted from seventh-degree to tenth-degree rather than from seventh to eighth to ninth and finally to tenth. Dr. Nesbitt said, “I promoted Christopher from Seventh to Tenth Dan because he has done something that most men at his level haven’t done. I know that he can run his own system, because he’s been doing it for many years. It appears to me that his goals are high, and he has a great love for his students. He is a man of integrity and sound character. When you have a man like that, you want to give him the best that you can give him so that he can be the best and provide for his students the best way. If I had only given him Eighth Dan, there’s not really much difference from Seventh Dan. If you are below the rank of Tenth Dan, there’s always somebody who is looking to have authority over you—somebody who thinks that your students should pay them money instead of you. I didn’t want that. I wanted Christopher to have the freedom to do anything he wanted to do in his system. He has worked so hard he shouldn’t have to be taking the money from his students and giving it to someone else, because he’s doing all the work.”

He started his next paragraph talking about when he went to an art gallery to get his 10th cert. framed but I just couldn't continue...

It really is sad- I lose my internet for a month or so and Geary becomes a 10th, I would be ashamed to be a part of his org. even under a different teacher.

Heck it seemed like every Geary thread was locked last time I was here--- I started a "geary is soo tough that _____." thread (like the Chuck Norris one) but it got nixed!

Simply freakin' amazing!

Shaolin_Samurai

White Belt
Reaction score
I haven't read that interview, but I agree with that guy, I also prefer Kenpo to TKD. Training Kenpo Kai in my case, I realized that having so many different things to learn, we didn't have enough time to train kicks properly, at least training twice a week. So, I was doing TKD for a year to improve my kicks, but I soon realized that I didn't certain things from TKD, as for example the fact that you cannot block your opponent's attacks when fighting. So, the kicks are fine, but I realized that I have almost the same kicks in Kenpo Kai.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I haven't read that interview, but I agree with that guy, I also prefer Kenpo to TKD. Training Kenpo Kai in my case, I realized that having so many different things to learn, we didn't have enough time to train kicks properly, at least training twice a week. So, I was doing TKD for a year to improve my kicks, but I soon realized that I didn't certain things from TKD, as for example the fact that you cannot block your opponent's attacks when fighting. So, the kicks are fine, but I realized that I have almost the same kicks in Kenpo Kai.
Um.... I don't know who you trained with, but of course you can block your opponent's attacks while fighting... I'd be interested in knowing why you think that's not so, as in 19 years in TKD I've never heard it.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So much for being the youngest American Judan in history.

Latest Discussions