international tang soo do vs. world tang soo do?

Discussion in 'Tang Soo Do' started by Axkick1, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Axkick1

Axkick1 Yellow Belt

I was just wondering the overall differences between the international tang soo do federation and the world tang soo do federation? Also, any other differences with smaller tang soo do organizations.

-Thanks

2. kitkatninja

kitkatninja Blue Belt

We're a smaller TSD association. From what I can tell the differences between our association and the ITSDF, the WTSDA and other associations:

1. The way we practice our forms
    2. Costs (we're non-profit - don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with being for-profit, as that is their business model)
    3. How we practice (we do not separate our basics, self-defence and forms)
    4. Policies
    5. The ability to implement changes faster (as we are smaller)
    6. The larger ITSDF and WTSDA have more clubs and classes, I believe the WTSDA are larger (however not 100%, I've seen more WTSDA clubs and classes around). So you get more variety with class times... Plus if you move around, chances of finding & attending a larger association's affiliated club is alot higher.

3. Buka

Buka Sr. Grandmaster

• MartialTalk Mentor
    I've always found more of a difference between the teaching styles of various instructors than the differences in organizations. I occasionally still teach in a Tang Soo school, but I have no memory of which organization it is. I'll ask next week just out of curiosity.

4. Axkick1

Axkick1 Yellow Belt

Does one organization teach different forms or patterns than the other? Like does World Tang soo Do focus on Pyung Ahn forms more versus say Internatuon Tang soo do? Just curious

5. Buka

Buka Sr. Grandmaster

• MartialTalk Mentor
    I’m not really sure, I just train them in self defense. I’ll ask next week though.

6. Axkick1

Axkick1 Yellow Belt

Thanks for asking. Yea it’s just something I always kinda wondered about.123