Industrial Detour: Amoskeag Falls

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This was more of an experiment than anything else. On my last trip up north, I drove by to see how close I could get to the Amoskeag Falls in Manchester, NH. The falls are a natural 50 foot drop, but an industrial dam is also in place.

Thiswas not a good shoot, the images were either boring or unusable (wrong camera settings). So...I reprocessed one to compose how the falls might look at nightfall.

4521002792_5e50751be2.jpg

I reprocessed an unusable shot to compose how the falls might have photographed back in an earlier day, when the Manchester Steam Plant was in operation. (Better use of the rule of thirds in this shot, eh Shelley? ;))

4520348275_ca8ecc3a22.jpg

As always, feedback appreciated :)

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just in case anyone is wondering...no, I am not trespassing around an old decommissioned power power plant :lol:

After doing environmental remediation, the local power company has revamped the area around the falls in to a public park.

ShelleyK

Brown Belt
Reaction score
<~~~~ clapping hands emphatically!! I like the 2nd shot a LOT!
You are rather good with setting the mood in your photos with your post processing!!

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
<~~~~ clapping hands emphatically!! I like the 2nd shot a LOT!
You are rather good with setting the mood in your photos with your post processing!!

Thank you very much! :asian:

I'm still learning, and still experimenting. There isn't much else to do when I get home from work at 1AM, processing photos keeps me out of trouble. :lol:

ShelleyK

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Well keep on experimenting and learning, its a never ending process!
You have a good solid foundation and an eye that is being trained whenever you look at a potential shot! Keep honing your skills, I cant wait to see more stuff posted from you!