Improving kick power/strength

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I dont know if you just being deliberately obtuse, or obtuse.

the speed of the car when it hits you is important, if it ran 10meters down a steep slope or 100 meters down a gentle slope is irrelevant to the energy it hits you with

pretty sure the kick is accelerating

So get a car on the flat. put the foot down then keep standing further away.

So.
"Here we will take a look at the equation that allows us to solve for the final velocity when the object is constantly accelerating. That equation is:

Image98.gif

This equation would read:

Final velocity equals original velocity plus acceleration times time."

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
or just realised your talking nonsense and left.
the work done in moving your leg along way, does not translate in to kinetic energy released in to your target

Ok I will allow you to waste my time one last time here to answer this.. nice use of kinetic energy to make it sound like you know what you are saying..... but still wrong. And for the record...kinetic energy IS energy that a body possesses by virtue of being in motion. but it is the amount of energy that can increase over distance with force is applied.

So you are wrong again, I have studied physics, which by your response I am guessing you have no..... please continue to try and sound like you know what you are talking about... its amusing.....but understand that here, you do not.....have a nice day..... I'm out...and I will no allow you to waste my time any longer here.

And now I await the responses from the "hypocritical lords of web etiquette" who lurk on MT these days

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Forgetting kicks for a second, the way the martial arts works is that you will always be better off if your are in a position to do what you want to do. There is, real, actual, scientific evidence, some where, that says a cocked weapon is more useful than an un-cocked weapon. :singing:

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ok I will allow you to waste my time one last time here to answer this.. nice use of kinetic energy to make it sound like you know what you are saying..... but still wrong. And for the record...kinetic energy IS energy that a body possesses by virtue of being in motion. but it is the amount of energy that can increase over distance with force is applied.

So you are wrong again, I have studied physics, which by your response I am guessing you have no..... please continue to try and sound like you know what you are talking about... its amusing.....but understand that here, you do not.....have a nice day..... I'm out...and I will no allow you to waste my time any longer here.

And now I await the responses from the "hypocritical lords of web etiquette" who lurk on MT these days
the formula for kinetic energy includes nether distance or force, . So nether have any bearing on it. Didn't they explain this to you when you studied(sic) physics

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
pretty sure the kick is accelerating

So get a car on the flat. put the foot down then keep standing further away.

So.
"Here we will take a look at the equation that allows us to solve for the final velocity when the object is constantly accelerating. That equation is:

Image98.gif

This equation would read:

Final velocity equals original velocity plus acceleration times time."
the rate of acceleration is of no matter, its just the velocity at contact that matters

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
the rate of acceleration is of no matter, its just the velocity at contact that matters

And you dont think the rate of acceleration effects the velocity at contact?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
But if you are farther away, there will be more time for acceleration, which results in higher velocity at contact.
that depends how quickly you can get your leg up to its maximum speed, if its traveling a max velocity after 6 inches that it no more acceleration. ,

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
that depends how quickly you can get your leg up to its maximum speed
If you can get your leg to the maximum speed it could possibly move in the length of a kick, then you don't have to worry about any of this. You would also probably exist in a kung fu movie or an anime, not real life.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If you can get your leg to the maximum speed it could possibly move in the length of a kick, then you don't have to worry about any of this. You would also probably exist in a kung fu movie or an anime, not real life.
we are talking. About its max velocity under its own power whilst performing a front kick, not how fast it can go on a jet fighter

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
that depends how quickly you can get your leg up to its maximum speed, if its traveling a max velocity after 6 inches that it no more acceleration. ,

Why would your kick that you are pushing the whole time. Get to its maximum acceleration after 6 inches?

As long as you are kicking that kick should be going faster.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Because we are only talking a hundred K,s an hour at most.

There is never going to be an issue of terminal velocity. Acceleration will only stop when you run out of leg.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Because we are only talking a hundred K,s an hour at most.

There is never going to be an issue of terminal velocity. Acceleration will only stop when you run out of leg.
its maximum velocity, terminal velocity is something else entirely . You leg would reach terminal velocity if you sawed to off and dropped of the empire state building

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
its maximum velocity, terminal velocity is something else entirely . You leg would reach terminal velocity if you sawed to off and dropped of the empire state building

Ok. So why has the kick reached maximum velocity at any point other than the full extention of the kick?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ok. So why has the kick reached maximum velocity at any point other than the full extention of the kick?

come on mate, its pointless discussing physics with someone who gets mixed up between max velocity and terminal velocity.
if you think you can prove constant acceleration through out a kick, then go a head, I'm waiting

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
come on mate, its pointless discussing physics with someone who gets mixed up between max velocity and terminal velocity.
if you think you can prove constant acceleration through out a kick, then go a head, I'm waiting

My point was there is no terminal velocity. There is no reason the kick would stop accelerating.

I would have thought constant acceleration throughout the kick would be the obvious conclusion. Not six inches of acceleration and then for no reason at all having that acceleration stop.

That is my point about terminal velocity if I am kicking that action accelerates the kick. That kickng procces continues throughout the kick untill I run out of leg.

You 6 inches of mystery change to the kick is a lot harder to explain.

If i can be bothered i am pretty sure I can find the physics reflected in a lot of swinging impact movement.

Golf backswings would be a good example.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
My point was there is no terminal velocity. There is no reason the kick would stop accelerating.

I would have thought constant acceleration throughout the kick would be the obvious conclusion. Not six inches of acceleration and then for no reason at all having that acceleration stop.

That is my point about terminal velocity if I am kicking that action accelerates the kick. That kickng procces continues throughout the kick untill I run out of leg.

You 6 inches of mystery change to the kick is a lot harder to explain.
you back to calling it terminal velocity Again, do you know what terminal velocity is? Clearly not, if you don't know that, then you won't understand any explanation given

if you are claiming that a kick keeps accelerating till contact then YOU prove it

Latest Discussions