Improving kick power/strength

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
that's this distance you move the person/ thing you are kicking, not the distance you move your leg in order to kick

you could work out the work done in moving your leg, but that would be the work done by you and having moved your leg further you would have consumed more calories, but not put any more energy in to your target

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So, a car hits you a five miles an hour from two inches. Do you wan to try two miles? :D
the distance is irrelevant, its the speed of the car and its mass that matters. If you locking the speed at 5mph it doesn't matter if its rolled a meter. Or a mile, its still only doing 5mph and still only weighs 2tons

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
that's this distance you move the person/ thing you are kicking, not the distance you move your leg in order to kick

Nope, distance force travels

For instance, if a model airplane exerts 0.25 Newtons over a distance of 10 meters, the plane will expend 2.5 Joules. If you apply a force over a given distance - you have done work. Work = Change in Energy. If an object's kinetic energy or gravitational potential energy changes, then work is done.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
the distance is irrelevant, its the speed of the car and its mass that matters. If you locking the speed at 5mph it doesn't matter if its rolled a meter. Or a mile, its still only doing 5mph and still only weighs 2tons
Yes, it will have increases speed, even on a coast. The further the faster.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nope, distance force travels

For instance, if a model airplane exerts 0.25 Newtons over a distance of 10 meters, the plane will expend 2.5 Joules. If you apply a force over a given distance - you have done work. Work = Change in Energy. If an object's kinetic energy or gravitational potential energy changes, then work is done.
but the engine is attached to the plane, it has to move with it, the person you are kicking isn't attached to your foot

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
but the engine is attached to the plane, it has to move with it, the person you are kicking isn't attached to your foot

You're understanding of "work = force X distance" is flawed, but you will never admit that, so in order to save additional multiple posts of proof you will ignore and thereby waste my time..... I'm done.... have a nice day

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You're understanding of "work = force X distance" is flawed, but you will never admit that, so in order to save additional multiple posts of proof you will ignore and thereby waste my time..... I'm done.... have a nice day
or just realised your talking nonsense and left.
the work done in moving your leg along way, does not translate in to kinetic energy released in to your target

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I can't help you. o_O
I dont know if you just being deliberately obtuse, or obtuse.

the speed of the car when it hits you is important, if it ran 10meters down a steep slope or 100 meters down a gentle slope is irrelevant to the energy it hits you with

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I dont know if you just being deliberately obtuse, or obtuse.

the speed of the car when it hits you is important, if it ran 10meters down a steep slope or 100 meters down a gentle slope is irrelevant to the energy it hits you with
Cock your kicks, or take your licks. o_O

Latest Discussions