I would vote for a _____, over obama...

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was listening to Mark Levin on the radio, and he was discussing Romney. He doesn't like Romney but admitted that he would vote for an orange juice can over obama, so yes, between Romney and obama, he'll vote Romney.

The point to this thread is simply this, which object would you vote for over obama? I usually tell people that I would vote for a toaster if it won the nomination over obama. I'm not talking about a 4 slice toaster either, I'll even vote for a two slice toaster over obama.

Since I support free speech, even the lefties and obama supporters are welcome on this thread, have at it as well.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I was listening to Mark Levin on the radio, and he was discussing Romney. He doesn't like Romney but admitted that he would vote for an orange juice can over obama, so yes, between Romney and obama, he'll vote Romney.

The point to this thread is simply this, which object would you vote for over obama? I usually tell people that I would vote for a toaster if it won the nomination over obama. I'm not talking about a 4 slice toaster either, I'll even vote for a two slice toaster over obama.

Since I support free speech, even the lefties and obama supporters are welcome on this thread, have at it as well.

If Romney gets the nomination I wont vote for him. Ill vote 3rd party like I did in 08. No point in allowing a republican thats no better then Obama to get elected and when he screws up, people blame the republicans for it.
Not that my vote matters anyway my state goes Heavy for the Dems.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If Paul gets the GOP nod, he gets my vote.

In the likely event he doesn't get the nod, I'll carefully weigh out the candidates and pick according to how they fall on my position list. Baring a 'Ross Perot' level independent, that'll most likely fall to the Libertarians, Greens and Constitutionalists, in that order. Or I'll vote for me.
I'm running you know. :D

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Honestly, Romney and Obama are almost the same candidate. Not sure which way I'd go... Might come down to where unemployment is at in November.

Sent using Tapatalk. Please ignore typos.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Do the Mitt Romney entourage not appreciate how the public sees him as fickle?

I did a "romney flip flop" search in Google which yielded 5.7 million hits. *In the interests of fairness, the same search using "obama flip flop" yields considerably more, though the comparison is weighted over Barack Obama's longer term in the public view.

As a non-American I am neither here nor there in the election, though for me, integrity -or at least the appearance of it- is important. I would have thought it was also important for the US voters, no? Should Mitt Romney's people not be advising him to get his platform straight and stick to it no matter who pays him more to change his mind? Candidates come over as mere monkeys to the sponsoring organ grinders when they vacillate this way I think.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I would vote for bacon over Obama. But your toaster can be the VP!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As I can't vote for me to be the President of the USA, let's put Cap'n Bob in charge - his ideas on economics show some weaknesses but I largely agree with much of his platform.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

cdunn

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I would vote for a real liberal over Obama in a heartbeat.

And Steve, the real differences come down to who they would install in appointed offices. You can vote for Obama, and get a bunch of Rockefeller style politicians again or you can vote for Mittens and watch him install people who consider Ayn Rand and Grover Norquist uncomfortably liberal in an attempt to pacify a party that hates him.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My current leanings are that I'd rather vote for a Dalek than Obama.

Both fail to understand the Constitution, neither give a rip about America, but at least a Dalek will be honest about it, and then kill you quickly without increasing your tax burden.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Aswith every election I shall vote for Danger Mouse…Penfold for VP

Well there was that one time I voted for Bugs Bunny... but it was only once...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I thought you were gonna say snoopy.

Snoopy

NEVER!!!

Don’t get me wrong, I like Beagles, use to have one but any interesting scent wafts by and that’s the end of any negotiations… and I like Snoopy too… but you know.... he is a bit delusional….I mean he does go off and fight the Red Baron every once and awhile :D

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Snoopy

NEVER!!!

Don’t get me wrong, I like Beagles, use to have one but any interesting scent wafts by and that’s the end of any negotiations… and I like Snoopy too… but you know.... he is a bit delusional….I mean he does go off and fight the Red Baron every once and awhile :D

But the neighbor's cats keeps him in check!

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would vote for a _____, over obama...

I would vote for Gary Johnson, despite his stance on marijuana legalization (he's for it). I like the rest of his stances and his record, I believe.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If my candidate, the two piece toaster, does not get the nomination, then any republican will do. Romney, definitely not my favorite will still be better than obama. There are a couple of things to consider,

1) if obama wins re-election, that sets obamacare in concrete and it will not go away. Little surprises like the recent attack on organized religions, and private health insurance, will keep coming the only problem will be he won't have to pretend to compromise on the issue. We will just be stuck with it.

2) if you like the supreme court decision that made it constitutional for local, state and the federal government to use the power of eminent domain to take one individuals private property, not for public use as in a road, but in order to give that property to another private individual who will be able to generate more tax revenue, the Kilo decision, then either vote for obama or sit the election out. The next president will probably get to pick two, possibly three justices, which will very likely swing the court either toward bigger government decisions, or limited government decisions. A vote for obama or sitting the election out will end up with supreme court decisions that support more and bigger government, more power with the federal bureaucracy, and a smaller and less powerful individual.

3) obama does not take our enemies seriously, and he doesn't like the military. voting for obama or not voting for the republican opponent will see our enemies stronger, Iran with nukes and moving into south america, china flexing it's muscles in asia, and russia intimidating the rest of europe. Our military will be weakened in both man power and technology and he will have four years to cut it down even more.

4) if you like paying higher taxes, and not just the rich, but everyone, then let obama have another four years. Gas, food, and energy taxes are going to sky rocket if obama gets another 4 years. He already is attacking coal, natural gas and oil, and those permits to drill that he granted will disapear if he is re-elected.

Oh, and the day after the election we will get the accurate unemployment numbers, which will be neglected to be revealed so as to allow obama to take credit for lowering unemployment without actually having had to lower unemployment.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Here's my question. Of you guys who wouldn't vote for Obama, would your answer be any different in any other election year with any other range of candidates?

This is largely a rhetorical question, because frankly, I believe that most of you would vote for a Republican toaster over any Democratic candidate regardless of who he or she might be. Which also leads me to believe that this is a pointless thread. It presupposes that Obama is an unpopular president, which I'm not confident is the case. Over the last three years, Osama Bin Laden has been killed, Muammar Ghaddafi has been killed, we have pulled out of Iraq, and it looks like the economy is showing signs of life. The bailout of the auto industries have turned out to be a good investment, while the bailouts of the banks by the previous administration were not.

He's done a lot of things I'm not happy about, particularly the capitulation to the GOP over healthcare in which he failed to insist on a public option, and his wishy washiness when handling the tea party as they held our country hostage and brought us to the brink of default.

But, let's step back here, guys. Let's be at least a little objective. Bush Jr. wasn't the devil. Neither is Obama. And let's also face reality, in that the GOP candidates are a lackluster group, at best. That you're even joking about voting for a toaster says more about your array of potential GOP hopefuls than about Obama. Compared to this group, you might be right. A toaster might be your best candidate.

Just sayin'.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Hell, last time around I voted for a decrepit, fossilized, whore of a RINO, who put a self-styled "pitbull with lipstick," grade-C student, grade-B politician, Bible-thumping cheerleader one heartbeat away from the nuclear football........

........who wouldn't I vote for instead of Obama? :lfao: (Besides Santorum, Bachman or Paul that is....)

Too bad about Huntsman, though.....

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, in a normal election cycle, Newt wouldn't have gotten off the ground because of the three affairs. Obama and his healthcare plan have changed the dynamic for this election cycle. In the past, for example the first Bush, after his no new taxes pledge, conservatives sat out the election. The normal response to a bad selection of candidates on the conservative side has always been sitting out the election and letting the democrat win, after all, they would say, how bad can it get. This time, that isn't going to happen, republicans see obamacare for the nightmare it is and is going to be, and they see obama outspending everyone to put us on the course of Greece, they see the bad guys around the world ramping up, and they see an economy that will deflate if obama wins. Sitting out the election is what would normally happen on the republican side, that's not going to happen this time.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Well, in a normal election cycle, Newt wouldn't have gotten off the ground because of the three affairs. Obama and his healthcare plan have changed the dynamic for this election cycle. In the past, for example the first Bush, after his no new taxes pledge, conservatives sat out the election. The normal response to a bad selection of candidates on the conservative side has always been sitting out the election and letting the democrat win, after all, they would say, how bad can it get. This time, that isn't going to happen, republicans see obamacare for the nightmare it is and is going to be, and they see obama outspending everyone to put us on the course of Greece, they see the bad guys around the world ramping up, and they see an economy that will deflate if obama wins. Sitting out the election is what would normally happen on the republican side, that's not going to happen this time.

I wouldn't be too sure-I think Obama's going to get reelected. The first problem being that the principle front-runner on the Republican side is a marketing man-he's marketing himself, and everyone knows it. Rick Santorum wold be saying the same (crazy) **** he's saying if he were running for President or not. Ditto Ron Paul,

Romney just says whatever he thinks people want to hear.

And there'll be a third and maybe even fourth candidate with conservative appeal.

Then there's this survey, by World Net Daily

In every case except the match-up against Ron Paul, more than 20 percent of Republican voters said they are more likely to support Obama than the Republican challenger. And Ron Paul is close, as 19 percent of Republicans said they are more likely to support Obama than Paul

The fix is soooo in, billi-has been for a while.
Maybe I'll write in Cthulhu

$cthulhu.jpg

Cause I'm damn tired of voting for the lesser of two evils....:lfao:

Latest Discussions