I hurt my friend out of love...

kwaichang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
. I would really feel stupid if I allowed MYSELF to be injured like that.

I think I would probably end up taking her down and either pinning her or applying a submission just enough for her to feel the strain but not really injure her.

Anyway I think it's hard for anyone to judge that situation unless they've actually been in it.

I had a few similar situations and the best one was when the guy did try to attack me from the side as I was talking to someone, I sent a straight fisted punch towards his face and blew his hair out of his eyes, without hitting him and kept up my conversation. He never tried it again.

Svart

Yellow Belt
Reaction score

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps it wasn't tennis elbow as such? people tend to call all injuries to the elbow that for want of an easily described phrase.
Steve my posts really weren't aimed at you honestly and I apologise if you thought they were. I thought you'd just get the point I was making not think the whole thing was aimed at you.

OP
Touch Of Death

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That is odd that she hurt herself that badly. By "tennis elbow" I assume that to mean a pulled tendon?

Where did the punch land on your body?
(Now I'm asking so that this doesn't happen to me!)
Her first shot was right to the pubic bone, but I asked her to bring it up a knotch. After that I accepted two more shots to the belly. I just tensed that spot.

sean

PS I did not react with pain when hit in the pubic bone. One of my pet peves is someone making a Broadway production on a close call.

OP
Touch Of Death

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Okay. I give up. It's all me. It was a freakish combination of coincidence and my imagination. My fault entirely. :banghead:

As for the rest, the only thing I'm unclear on is how she ended up with a repetitive stress injury from one punch. How many times did she end up hitting you?

Do you think your friend would be interested in coming here and providing her side of the story? I think that would go a long way to filling in some of the holes in the story, or at least provide an alternative perspective.
Her Doctor described it as Tennis Elbow. You are welcome to call it something else.
Sean

kwaichang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
sounds like she over extended her arm thus locking the elbow, much like in tennis, thus the diagnosis matched a condition well recognized.

Darth F.Takeda

Blue Belt
Reaction score
You have a point, but She does posture in public quite frequently. I just wanted her to know what would actually happen were she to land a punch. My point, to any and all, is that if you don't know how to punch, don't. You could hurt yourself.
Sean

Better she learned this way and not acting like Bennta Badass to someone who does not care, or worse she thinks she is a BA and gets into a fight and gets seriously hurt and maybe violated as well.

OP
Touch Of Death

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
sounds like she over extended her arm thus locking the elbow, much like in tennis, thus the diagnosis matched a condition well recognized.
Nope, she was close. Her elbow winged out and all her body weight went into and out the elbow. I felt fine.
sean

Bodhisattva

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I feel kind of bad, but I have this female friend whom was throwing fake punches at me. I ignored the fients and continued with what I was saying to our other friend. She asked why I wasn't even flinching and I thought about it and explained that I somehow could tell that by the way she moved, I did not sense a threat. Later over a game of chess it came up that she felt she was capable of hurting me. With no bragging intended, I told her she would hurt herself before she ever hurt me. She demanded I up to feel the wrath of her punch; so, I did. She has been to the doctor twice since the incident.

I feel bad but, I felt she really needed to know, given her line of work, which is both security and bartending. Should I have let it go so far?
Sean

Weird post.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have no wish to be critical but I'm puzzled as to how you might think that such a dismissive reply might be helpful?

A person is, without question, entitled to their opinion.

It is, however, beholden upon someone taking part in what is essentially an intermittent conversation, via an emotional-context-deficient medium, to be a touch more expressive of what they mean than a 'drive by' that appears more snipe than anything else.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thank you. I try to keep it interesting.
Sean
Is it a true story?
icon12.gif

Latest Discussions