I don't like your martial arts style...

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If you train in BJJ, I don't like your style. Too much Portuguesey words (what's up with all the Gracies having R names but pronouncing them like H's?), and all that rolling around on the ground with other dudes upsets my homophobia (I mean it's call the 'mount' fuhtheluvagod!)

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
...unless it's Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Recently, there has been a resurgence in threads like this, so I thought I'd just cut to the chase and just call everyone out and save myself some time (and maybe you all some time, too).

So, if you train in TKD, I don't like your style. It's too Olympicky, with the jumping and the arms down thing. I don't like it.

Wing Chun? I don't like your style. Patty cake chi sao, cat fighting looking and too centerliney. And that goes for Ving Tsun, Ving Chun, Wing Tsun, Wing Man and Tsun Set. I don't care which lineage you come from or how you spell it.

Aikido? I don't like your style. It's not violent enough.

Karate? Regardless of which style, I don't like it and I'm not going to tell you why. You'll have to guess.

Internal MA? If I can't see it, I don't like it, and I can't see your chi. I don't like your style.

Taijutsu? I don't like your style. When I watched that show in the 80s, The Master, it had a terrible script. And ninjas are bad guys. Why do you guys want to be assassins anyway? I don't like your style.

And just to save a little time, everyone else? I don't like your styles, either. I may not really know much about them at all, but that doesn't make my opinion any less valid. So suck it! ;) Hell, I don't even like MMA, but Vale Tudo is okay, I guess.

*SNIFF*

My Feelings are hurt.

SteveBJJ does not like what I train in. *SNIFF*

I guess I need to re-evaluate my life and training. :(

I guess I will have to go back to no style I used before I began to train.

*SNIFF*

;)

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well, I think it's very open minded of you not to like anything, I know some people are very narrow minded and only don't like 1 or 2 arts.
:D I'm nothing if not fair-minded and interested in equity.

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
*SNIFF*

My Feelings are hurt.

SteveBJJ does not like what I train in. *SNIFF*

I guess I need to re-evaluate my life and training. :(

I guess I will have to go back to no style I used before I began to train.

*SNIFF*

;)
Oh, Rich. I almost mentioned Arnis, but dislike it so much I couldn't bring myself to type the word. :D

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, now we know that the moderate position in MA is that BJJ = Good and Everything else = Not so good.

:angel:

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
...unless it's Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Recently, there has been a resurgence in threads like this, so I thought I'd just cut to the chase and just call everyone out and save myself some time (and maybe you all some time, too).

So, if you train in TKD, I don't like your style. It's too Olympicky, with the jumping and the arms down thing. I don't like it.

Wing Chun? I don't like your style. Patty cake chi sao, cat fighting looking and too centerliney. And that goes for Ving Tsun, Ving Chun, Wing Tsun, Wing Man and Tsun Set. I don't care which lineage you come from or how you spell it.

Aikido? I don't like your style. It's not violent enough.

Karate? Regardless of which style, I don't like it and I'm not going to tell you why. You'll have to guess.

Internal MA? If I can't see it, I don't like it, and I can't see your chi. I don't like your style.

Taijutsu? I don't like your style. When I watched that show in the 80s, The Master, it had a terrible script. And ninjas are bad guys. Why do you guys want to be assassins anyway? I don't like your style.

And just to save a little time, everyone else? I don't like your styles, either. I may not really know much about them at all, but that doesn't make my opinion any less valid. So suck it! ;) Hell, I don't even like MMA, but Vale Tudo is okay, I guess.
Ha ha ha....I don't like any of those styles either. Why? Because I am to old to be good at any of them so there.:rofl:

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
I like your style just fine, I don't like your opinion. ;)

I mean, isn't that what this really is? Dude started a thread to say that he didn't like MMA and gave the reasons why. He didn't say MMA sucks, or that MMA practitioners suck. He just expressed a preference for strictly stand-up fighting. Now maybe he could have left it at that and not included the contrast with styles that include ground fighting, but what kind of thread would that be?

- Hi, I'm ____ and I like watching full-contact karate.

- Me too.

- Me too.

- Yes, I very much like it when people stand up and kick each other in the head.

- Yup, that's great.

- What about if he falls down?

- Dude, that's MMA. We're not talking about MMA in here. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What about if you like all the styles, systems, sciences?
icon9.gif

But then you have to like REX KWAN DO.

I actually have met a kid with a year of overall training at 17 who claimed to be the grandmaster of the FOX style.

Must I like that too?

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well, now we know that the moderate position in MA is that BJJ = Good and Everything else = Not so good.

:angel:
I looked at both sides and made a decision. :D

CoryKS, being serious for a second, I personally have no problem with anyone's style or opinion. I'm just a little tired of the "I don't like [insert style]" threads, particularly where the opinions are clearly grounded in misconceptions. As others have said, it's ground that has been covered to death.

And another thing, where you're concerned, I like neither your style nor your opinion, but I have to admit that your avatar is pretty cool.

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
"Um...I heard jujitsu is good for your balance?"

"NO, jujitsu SUCKS."

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
I looked at both sides and made a decision. :D

CoryKS, being serious for a second, I personally have no problem with anyone's style or opinion. I'm just a little tired of the "I don't like [insert style]" threads, particularly where the opinions are clearly grounded in misconceptions. As others have said, it's ground that has been covered to death.
B... but you're a ground fighter!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just eat pizza and talk on the internet. :D

K831

Black Belt
Reaction score
Simple argument to end... I will fight anyone of this forum, to the death, to prove that Kenpo is the best style. Not only that, I will prove the my kenpo lineage is the best...

TigerCraneGuy

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Well it can't be the best because mine is...

Uh, what lineage are we talking about again?

Latest Discussions