"I don't like that kind of talk"

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
"I don't like that kind of talk," its a line I will use when somebody makes a post where they say something I don't like or when somebody says something out loud that I don't like.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
What will that accomplish? People say all kinds of nonsense all the time, that I don’t like. Not much I can do about it. That’s life. You can’t escape it.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
When someone says, "Do your Taiji a day, keep violence away." I don't like that kind of talk as if he is the only one who believes in world peace.

When I said, "MA is as simple as fist meets face". I don't care about whether people may disagree with me or not. I believe MA is to use violence to stop violence.

If you are afraid to express your true opinion, you have no reason to participate in online discussion. You can pretend to agree with everybody as if you are a lovable person. But you are not honest to yourself.

Last edited:

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
"I don't like that kind of talk," its a line I will use when somebody makes a post where they say something I don't like or when somebody says something out loud that I don't like.
Ok. So what is your point other than you don't like people using that line? It is inevitably going to happen. Just the way of the world.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ok. So what is your point other than you don't like people using that line? It is inevitably going to happen. Just the way of the world.

I think he does like that line and will start using it on us.

We have been officially warned and I am allready preparing for it by hoarding toilet paper.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think that line/similar lines are fine. To use a cliche, if someone's making fun of my mother, you can bet that I'll say something to the dude about it. If it's not a personal thing, I'll sometimes make a comment about it, and if the person listens, great, if not I move on.

I'm not really sure what the purpose of this thread was, though. @PhotonGuy is this referencing something specific, or just a random thought you had that you decided to make a post about?

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ya and?

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
"I don't like that kind of talk"

If you don't like that kind of talk, you just have different opinion.

A: A MA master was killed in street fight last night.
B: Sorry for his family's lose.
C: A soldier always dies in the battle field.
B: @$%&*
C: &^%$#@

B may not like the way C has said. But C may believe that it's an honor for a MA person to die in fighting.

Ancient northwest Europe pirates who believe in Odin, when they die, they want to hold sword in their hands.

The concept of dying with sword in hand was an over-simplification of what Northern belief held to be the keys to gaining entry to Odin's High Hall. Only warriors of honorable bearing would be admitted, as they would be the Einherjar, Odin's first-rank warriors in the great battle to come, Ragnarok.

Last edited:
OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
What will that accomplish? People say all kinds of nonsense all the time, that I don’t like. Not much I can do about it. That’s life. You can’t escape it.
True. But when somebody says stuff I don't like Im going to let them know.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True. But when somebody says stuff I don't like Im going to let them know.

I hope you aren't going to complain when someone tells you they don't like what you post.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
I hope you aren't going to complain when someone tells you they don't like what you post.
That's their prerogative, just as its my prerogative to say that I don't like what they post.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's their prerogative, just as its my prerogative to say that I don't like what they post.

As we all know we can disagree with each other why are we having this 'conversation'? We even have little icons to click on to say we 'like/dislike what people say as well as agree/disagree yet you feel the need to tell us that if you don't like what we say you will tell us? :rolleyes:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Latest Discussions