I am starting my Taekwondo & "getting back shape" training! Please be nice with comments!

Markku P

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I am starting my training again. We have got our first child so I am now out shape so..Here is a video clip from my first training!

Yours,

Markku P.

Last edited by a moderator:

MAist25

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Looked like a great workout man. Keep it up! And dont worry, your technique will come back to you very quickly once your body gets back into the routine.

OP
Markku P

Markku P

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Looked like a great workout man. Keep it up! And dont worry, your technique will come back to you very quickly once your body gets back into the routine.

Thanks! I am not worried at all..I normally have good technique ( the Finnish modesty ) and I will back in shape 8-12 weeks! ( but it's pure pain today.. )

/Markku P

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can see the rust, but id still place you as a Black Belt (As in, if you werent wearing a Black Belt, had Black Belt in your Profile, and in your Signature, and Avatar :p), due to the finer Technical points we all take for granted, until we watch a beginner do something...
Keep it up!
Also, i confess to spending most of that time smiling at your Dog.

...Flying 720 Hook Kicks for Great Glory? :D

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Keep it up. Get a partner to train with you and it becomes a bit more fun. Make the wife do it with you as well, not just the holding. Thanks for sharing.

OP
Markku P

Markku P

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Keep it up. Get a partner to train with you and it becomes a bit more fun. Make the wife do it with you as well, not just the holding. Thanks for sharing.

Actually my wife is doing more training than me ( She is 11 years younger heh..heh )! She just demanded that I won't show her training ( video editing ). By the way, I am 45 and today I really feel it!

/Markku P.

OP
Markku P

Markku P

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I can see the rust, but id still place you as a Black Belt (As in, if you werent wearing a Black Belt, had Black Belt in your Profile, and in your Signature, and Avatar :p), due to the finer Technical points we all take for granted, until we watch a beginner do something...
Keep it up!
Also, i confess to spending most of that time smiling at your Dog.

...Flying 720 Hook Kicks for Great Glory? :D

I get more feedback about our dog...(!) and we had to keep him outside when we started with focus mitts training. I was almost impossible to do kicks that day! The grass was really wet and focus mitt holder got all the water to eyes!

and jumping kicks = 1 kick means two days recovery!

/Markku P.

OP
Markku P

Markku P

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Here is a prove That I have been skinnier! My wife will leave me if I ever again will have same hair style! ( also check my deep juchum seogi! )
I am a blue belt in left! (This picture has been taken around 30 years ago :)

/Markku P

Taekwondo002.jpg

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Here is a prove That I have been skinnier! My wife will leave me if I ever again will have same hair style! ( also check my deep juchum seogi! )
I am a blue belt in left! (This picture has been taken around 30 years ago :)

/Markku P

Taekwondo002.jpg

Adorable kid! ^_^
\
( but 30 years ago I looked cute, too)

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nice to see you training and belive me you are in better shape than me jejejejejejeje. I started to train again too, since last july wow has been pass a year!!! well since september till 15 days ago I only was teaching but since last week I staarted to train with the young stiuds and belive has been like hell but I want to keep lossing weight and this is the way to do it.

Manny

OP
Markku P

Markku P

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hah..I hardly could do any kicks because previous work out..that was me showing up that I can still kick ( slowly )

/Markku P ;) ..after one class of red wine..

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hah..I hardly could do any kicks because previous work out..that was me showing up that I can still kick ( slowly )

/Markku P ;) ..after one class of red wine..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I hope it was a big one! ^_^

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thanks! I am not worried at all..I normally have good technique ( the Finnish modesty ) and I will back in shape 8-12 weeks! ( but it's pure pain today.. )

/Markku P

"Pure pain" ain't that the truth!

You'll be just fine. Your love of the Arts is obvious. Best of luck, brother.