I am leaving Martial Talk

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Because I am giving up martial arts training. I have decided to take up flower arranging instead. I see it as a much more productive use of my time. See you cats later!

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm going to leave too.

I'm going to work on being a better & more caring MA'ist, forgoing proper foundation/structure/application training, but instead offering hugs & bunnies.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
started to give a reply from my hart and then my mind told me what day it was

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Flower... Arranging?

Holy crap, why didnt I think of that!
Screw this Martial Arts junk.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm leaving for two weeks from next Thursday, off to Cornwall. Sheer bliss. please don't have any arguments while I'm gone, I hate missing them or coming in late :)

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think you are not the first to make the move from MA into FA (floral arts). I know we hear this question over whether to choose MA or FA time and time again over and over here on MT and but patience is due to you since you are new here and but just remember flower arranging is not as fancy and clever as Hollywood make it out to be! You must decide what it is you want to get from flower arranging before you wade in and end up with tetanus off your bridal wrist corsages. Ask yourself, am I just doing flower arranging to look pretty in front of my pals? Years of hard training is needed first before you can just go out on the block and confront bikers on crack and things about their misuse of lilies. I suggest you think on it. Visit some local schools and see what style of arranging fits you best before you commit.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, you can all do it with out me. I quit. 11 years I've been here. Slaving away at the server, wearing out chair after chair, living on a diet of stale pizza and generic soda. You'd think I'd get enough in donations to afford a name brand, but no. I could have been out in the sun shooting pictures of mostly naked college girls, but no, I gotta sit here and read drivel from guys who I know I could wipe the floor with, if I could see the floor and my feet that is. I used to have abs of steal!!!! Where the ****ed they go? Now all I got to show for 11 years of this is Internet ***, and permanent cheeto stains on my skin. So I've had it. I went out, found a buyer, and after seriously hard negotiations am selling the whole lot for a pickled egg and tuppence. Just to show I'm not completely heartless, I've invited back all the old favorites for a Reunion before I go. RSK, Clyde, McRobertson, Monkey, Soke Calkins, that Kungmaky ninja, the Bullshido gang, all of them, and making them admins too. Oh the madcap hijinx that will occur, I'm sure. But I won't be here. Nope. I'm going to take the afternoon off, enjoy my new windfall, and then report Monday morning for my new job at Buffalo-Niagara as a TSA screener. Your safety, and balls, are in my hands. Fly the friendly skys, and remember to wash before heading to the airport.

HEY! WAIT!!! GET AWAY FROM ME WITH THAT NET! I'LL KILL YOU!!! I'M PERFECTLY SANE! SANE!!! YOU DON"T KNOW WHO YOU"RE MESSING WITH! I HAVE FRIENDS!!! REAL FRIENDS!!! WHAI! WHAT ARE YOU STicking . in . me.. wow... that.s good ****...heh...

Oh hey there web site people. Hey, Bob's going away for a little bit. This is Doctor Tom, and he's been under a little bit of stress lately. Keep doing what you're doing, websites fine, we fed the hamster earlier, Bob'll be back soon as we finish the shock therapy.

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bob has become comfortably numb.

[video=youtube_share;Bpzxf_flm8M]http://youtu.be/Bpzxf_flm8M[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think you are not the first to make the move from MA into FA (floral arts). I know we hear this question over whether to choose MA or FA time and time again over and over here on MT and but patience is due to you since you are new here and but just remember flower arranging is not as fancy and clever as Hollywood make it out to be! You must decide what it is you want to get from flower arranging before you wade in and end up with tetanus off your bridal wrist corsages. Ask yourself, am I just doing flower arranging to look pretty in front of my pals? Years of hard training is needed first before you can just go out on the block and confront bikers on crack and things about their misuse of lilies. I suggest you think on it. Visit some local schools and see what style of arranging fits you best before you commit.

That's brilliant! :uhyeah:

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Finally! I can give up these worthless intellectual pursuits and commit myself fully to upscale to my upscale prostitution business. Vegas, baby!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

decepticon

Green Belt
Reaction score
Good luck to you with your new flower pursuits. Did you hear that there's a school in Atlanta that awarded the floral aranging Degree of Distinction (Black ribbon division) to a 12yo???? I heard some people talking about that and something they called a McFloJo, whatever that might be! Anyway, I'm sure you'll do great, I mean after all, how hard can it be, since all those people on tv do it all the time!

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A quick word of advice. In the afternoon of a particular day, when we were kids, they used to pin a sign on your backside when you weren't looking. Often it was "Kick Me". Just watch your back mate!

Good luck for your future but beware, once you start playing with pansies you might come across those that "float like a butterfly but sting like a bee".

Cheers. :s429:

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
We will miss you Bill Mattock's. It is too bad you won't be around. I have decided I will actually support Barak Obama this election. I have rethought my positions on political topics and have decided that the democrats actually have the better ideas. I hope your flower arranging will go well for you. Watch out for thorns...