Human Weapon- TKD

OP
Laurentkd

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree... and the odds don't seem to favor really good, at this point...

Well, it may turn out better than we fear. There'll be plenty of time to despair after next Friday...

Well maybe if our expectations are really low.... really really low, we won't be disappointed!

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well there is some video footage of Bill Duff getting knocked out by a Tae Kwon Do stylist. It cannot be posted here due to several rules (competing forum) but if you search Human Weapon Tae Kwon Do Bill Duff Knockout on Youtube you can watch it.

I am looking forward to this episode as well.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I heard an interview with Chambers on the radio here in LA. He said the Taekwondo episode was one of the toughest ones they shot. While not a TKD guy, he had earned a great deal of respect for the talent of the TKD folks he met in Korea.

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well there is some video footage of Bill Duff getting knocked out by a Tae Kwon Do stylist. It cannot be posted here due to several rules (competing forum) but if you search Human Weapon Tae Kwon Do Bill Duff Knockout on Youtube you can watch it.

I am looking forward to this episode as well.

Thanks Brian!

It looks like the name of the video on the youtube.com site is:

"Bill Duff from Human Weapon KO'd by Taekwondo Black Belt"

OP
Laurentkd

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks Brian!

It looks like the name of the video on the youtube.com site is:

"Bill Duff from Human Weapon KO'd by Taekwondo Black Belt"

Sweet!
I just hope it makes the show. Although if it doesn't I guess it will only prove what most of us believe anyway.... that the experts are told to go easy and/or the footage is edited to make the fight look closer than it really is.

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Sweet!
I just hope it makes the show. Although if it doesn't I guess it will only prove what most of us believe anyway.... that the experts are told to go easy and/or the footage is edited to make the fight look closer than it really is.

Right. You can tell that that clip is "unofficial". It looks like someone was just holding a consumer grade video recorder taping it. If they don't show this, the show is so "busted"! They are caught red handed. They must show it now. Surely they are aware of this clip on youtube.

Also, I guess this means that we will not see the very interesting TKD, but more of the sporting TKD, though I still may try to see this episode! It may have some good things in it.

chrismay101

Green Belt
Reaction score
didn't know about this programme called human weapon until i had read this post. made watching the video clip off you tube intresting didn't know about this guy called bill duff so i didn't know which one he was on the clip. but as soon as the fight/sparring started there was only going to be one winner and the bounce style movment ive seen alot of tkd guy's/girls do ITF or WTF.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
didn't know about this programme called human weapon until i had read this post. made watching the video clip off you tube intresting didn't know about this guy called bill duff so i didn't know which one he was on the clip.
Bill goes out and oafs around. Then he magically ties with every fighter he goes up against. Wonder how they'll spin it into a tie this time.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bill goes out and oafs around. Then he magically ties with every fighter he goes up against. Wonder how they'll spin it into a tie this time.

Maybe they'll say, "Bill saw the floor as a potential opponent. Thinking quickly, he threw a head butt using the back of his head to try to imobilize it."

HelloKitty

Green Belt
Reaction score
I just saw the video with Bill moving sloooowly and that kind black belt giving him time and space so Bill could try to hit him xD. Even the KO kick was generous xDDD

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sounds good to me, and we did just stock up on microwave popcorn :)

Though, after watching this clip, the black belt went RIDICULOUSLY easy on him. No combinations, no backfists to the head following spinning kicks; every shot was one and done. The black belt was fighting at his lopponents evel or a bit above, not going for the kill by any stretch of the imagination.

jim

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Given that in the video it appears that they are engaging in WTF style TKD, I would say that "Backfists to the head" were prohibited.

I also read, on another forum, that Michael Tang (http://www.usa-taekwondo.us/92_418.htm) served as a consultant for the episode.

I would say that if you are expecting to see much other than the Olympic Sport side of TKD on this show, you are going to be disappointed.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Sounds good to me, and we did just stock up on microwave popcorn :)

Though, after watching this clip, the black belt went RIDICULOUSLY easy on him. No combinations, no backfists to the head following spinning kicks; every shot was one and done. The black belt was fighting at his lopponents evel or a bit above, not going for the kill by any stretch of the imagination.

jim

I suspect punches to the head were not allowed, Bill popped that black belt early in the face and was warned about it.

HelloKitty

Green Belt
Reaction score
Though, after watching this clip, the black belt went RIDICULOUSLY easy on him.

jim

In you tube several people were complaining against this same subject. I think it would be worst if the black belt had been hard on Bill, because it's a match against a beginner. :D

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
no one seems to ask or wonder.....

WHY WAS BILL IN THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!?!?!
I would have thought Jason would have done the match.

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Given that in the video it appears that they are engaging in WTF style TKD, I would say that "Backfists to the head" were prohibited.

Ok, I don't usually give much thought to WTF style sparring so I had forgotten that. Must seem extremely odd (and not in a good way) to other non-TKD stylists I would think if it seems odd to me!

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
In you tube several people were complaining against this same subject. I think it would be worst if the black belt had been hard on Bill, because it's a match against a beginner. :D

Yes, but those comments on youtube are always to be discounted. They count for nothing in my mind. Usually they are just ridiculous!

Of course those guys are gonna lay back. To do otherwise would be crazy. All of those Martial Artists take it easy on those guys. It would spoil the show otherwise. Its crazy to have someone have a "match" after so little training!

no one seems to ask or wonder.....

WHY WAS BILL IN THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!?!?!
I would have thought Jason would have done the match.
Right. Jason should have been given the honor.

Looks like I am going to miss out on this show. I have to attend a belt ceremony at the Dojang friday. After that, I have been invited to some get-together (nothing to do with the TaeKwonDo). So, its a bust for me. I will have to rely on some youtube clips, and the assessments you guys post up. I could try to have my Mother tape it, but that may be a stretch for her, I'm not sure.

Of course, if its REALLY good, I'll have to make some arrangements to get the whole thing, but I suspect it will not be that good of a show.

You know, I *think* that Duff did land a front kick. I know, I know, they were taking it easy on him. He was on the far side. If you watch that clip though, the kicking motion is obscured. It was certainly NOT a thundering shock, but I do think that he scored. If you watch it closely you will see.

HelloKitty

Green Belt
Reaction score
They repeat the show later on fridays, and sunday evenings.

I'll miss it this friday, at least at 22:00 because I have surgery, so I'll be dizzy lol.

Latest Discussions