Human Weapon- TKD

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It is supposed to air next Friday (the 21st). While this show could definitely use some improvement, I'll watch a poor-quality martial arts show over any other show on TV. My main worry is that it will only show Olympic sparring, which won't really give people a true idea of true TKD (at least true TKD in my opinion!). Although, it seems they have done a fairly good job of showing multiple aspects of the other arts they have done. So here's hoping for the best!
Who else is going to watch?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is this a new episode or the repeat from last season, do you know. I thought they showed TKD eary in the series for last year.

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Is this a new episode or the repeat from last season, do you know. I thought they showed TKD eary in the series for last year.

This is a new episode. They did not have a episode last season.

LaurenTKD....I actually think they will show both sides but will focus mainly on the self defense part and not all on the olympic. I will say that they do a good job of going to the roots of each art and provide a lot of knowledge on the background. They have done so on all of their other episodes and I would look for them to do the same here.

I expect to see them focus on:

1. Origin
2. evolution
3. Self defense
4. Sport
5. Military use of TKD

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

LaurenTKD....I actually think they will show both sides but will focus mainly on the self defense part and not all on the olympic. I will say that they do a good job of going to the roots of each art and provide a lot of knowledge on the background. They have done so on all of their other episodes and I would look for them to do the same here.

I expect to see them focus on:

1. Origin
2. evolution
3. Self defense
4. Sport
5. Military use of TKD

My mistake which series had the special on TKD. I hope they stay true to the roots.

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi everyone is this on U.S. tv only or does anyonr know if it will be on in the UK???

Not sure if you guys in the UK get the history channel. If all else fails and it doesnt then you can download it.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't have cable, but I'll wait for the DVD. I'll look forward to your thoughts on it.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

LaurenTKD....I actually think they will show both sides but will focus mainly on the self defense part and not all on the olympic...

I agree, this would be consistent with the combat orientation that they've taken so far. My dread is that they'll try to show these guys learning 720º tornadoes to use for... CQ self defense!! Because a lot of their shows have a distinctly `demo' aspect to them. I hope not, but... well, I guess we'll see next week, eh?

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I have no cable tv, and I usually try to catch a clip of this on youtube or something, but, I may just have to go out to my Mother's house (if I can confirm that they have this history channel) and watch or tape this episode.

Get the popcorn ready, turn on the tv.

Boy, I would sure be mad if they drop the ball with this one! They better do a good job! If not, then maybe some Combat TKD person can come up to them and... BAM! There! There's the TKD!!!

Hahahaha!

OP
Laurentkd

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree, this would be consistent with the combat orientation that they've taken so far. My dread is that they'll try to show these guys learning 720º tornadoes to use for... CQ self defense!! Because a lot of their shows have a distinctly `demo' aspect to them. I hope not, but... well, I guess we'll see next week, eh?

He stated it better than I (as always). I worry that they will show olympic sparring AS a self-defense art. But, as ACE said, they have been pretty good about giving multiple points to each art (at least as much as my limitied expertise in these arts can tell). Guess we'll have to wait and see!

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Human Weapon : Taekwondo Airs on Friday December 21 10:00 PM
Jason Chambers and Bill Duff travel to South Korea, birthplace of one of the most acrobatic and physically punishing fighting styles in the world, Taekwondo. Our hosts travel to ancient fortresses, break marble slabs, and learn an insane arsenal of jumping, flying and spinning taekwondo kicks. They'll serve as bodyguards protecting a VIP from potential attack, and channel the fighting spirit of an ancient band of Korean warriors. It's all in service to their ultimate challenge: a full-on Tae Kwon Do battle with a former World Champ.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Human Weapon : Taekwondo Airs on Friday December 21 10:00 PM
Jason Chambers and Bill Duff travel to South Korea, birthplace of one of the most acrobatic and physically punishing fighting styles in the world, Taekwondo. Our hosts travel to ancient fortresses, break marble slabs, and learn an insane arsenal of jumping, flying and spinning taekwondo kicks. They'll serve as bodyguards protecting a VIP from potential attack, and channel the fighting spirit of an ancient band of Korean warriors. It's all in service to their ultimate challenge: a full-on Tae Kwon Do battle with a former World Champ.

Please, please tell me you made that up! I'm not too proud to beg... that's your spoof, right? It's not from the network... please... :erg:

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:lol:

This is either going to be really good, or really bad.

I agree... and the odds don't seem to favor really good, at this point...

Well, it may turn out better than we fear. There'll be plenty of time to despair after next Friday...

chrismay101

Green Belt
Reaction score
just checked no its not on well unless they changed the name to "Brunel - the little giant!"
I think we get things slightly after you guys anyway.