Human Weapon : Ninjutsu Episode featuring Budo Taijutsu!

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm working Friday night, but I plan on recording this. I"m looking forward to seeing it. :)

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Don't forget to use your superior strength when you watch it.

LMAO!!!!!

I have no klnowledge of Ninjitsu so this will be informative. I hope you all come back here to let myself and others know what was b.s. and what wasnt.

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
WTF? That doesn't make any sense! :idunno:

It's a dig on one of the hosts, Bill Duff. So often does some line come out of his mouth that his "Superior Strength(TM, C, R)" will be to his advantage in the obviously thrown fights at the end of each episode that I wonder if he may not , in fact, be contractually obligated to say it.

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am interested to see some guy's that I know on the tube. Could be interesting or who knows they may just get edited out.

WesternCiv

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Disappointed in a couple of ways ...........

Big emphasis on weapons - I was hoping to see more of the taijutsu applications.

The thirteen and fifteenth dans performance in the "contest" was less than impressive.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Disappointed in a couple of ways ...........

Big emphasis on weapons - I was hoping to see more of the taijutsu applications.

The thirteen and fifteenth dans performance in the "contest" was less than impressive.

Yes, I am somewhat disappointed as well! Too much focus on weapons and virtually nothing on taijutsu.

However, I disagree about the performance of the Doug and the other fellow. I thought Doug Wilson's movement was exceptionally good. The other fellow wasn't bad, I thought he did well, his movement looked good to me. All things considered, I thought the little competition went OK.

Oh, and I saw my instructor Rob Renner in the background during the competition.
icon14.gif

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well since I knew nothing of Ninjutsu I found the episode quite informative and all

I will agree there was a big focus on weapons and I would have liked to see more hand to hand but it isnt a biggie.

Bill knocking the whole damn thing down when he tried to cut it made me lower my head in disappointment. Bill and his "superior strength" let him down once again. I think he and Jason joke around a lil bit too much for my taste.

I enjoyed this competition very much. I was shocked that these guys were 13th and 14th dans. Nice to see the guys they compete against not take it easy on them as it seems other competitors have done in other episodes.

amishman

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I was shocked that these guys were 13th and 14th dans. Nice to see the guys they compete against not take it easy on them as it seems other competitors have done in other episodes.

Is this a good or bad thing? Meaning they did poorly being high up or that it was good they had high level doing the show so the world can see the art in all its glory?

tj

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Is this a good or bad thing? Meaning they did poorly being high up or that it was good they had high level doing the show so the world can see the art in all its glory?

tj

The latter.
To be such high Dans they looked really young to me.

In terms of the end challenge, in previous episodes it looks as if their opponents are always holding back and all. With this episode there opponents didnt hold anything back and it was nice to see.

Latest Discussions