Human Weapon : Ninjutsu Episode featuring Budo Taijutsu!

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well it looks like the Human Weapon show has added a Ninjutsu show. Word has it that they are filming in Japan right now and have been attending Soke's classes. Word also has it that Bill Duff may have taken the sakki test as the challenge.

Here is Bill Duff's message on the Human Weapon Discussion Board:

http://boards.historychannel.com/profile.jspa?userID=700008035Big Bill Duff Posts: 29

Re: Ninjutsu episode.
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 2:03 AM (17 of 36)

Looks like you are going to get your wish Devil Hanzo. Jason and I pushed for it and they have added it so it wont be long now, I don't know if it will be at the end of this season yet but we will film it soon.

Thanks for the support,

BBD

Other people are reporting on the filming going on in Japan.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well it looks like the Human Weapon show has added a Ninjutsu show. Word has it that they are filming in Japan right now and have been attending Soke's classes. Word also has it that Bill Duff may have taken the sakki test as the challenge.

Here is Bill Duff's message on the Human Weapon Discussion Board:

Big Bill Duff Posts: 29

Re: Ninjutsu episode.
Posted: Sep 7, 2007 2:03 AM (17 of 36)

Looks like you are going to get your wish Devil Hanzo. Jason and I pushed for it and they have added it so it wont be long now, I don't know if it will be at the end of this season yet but we will film it soon.

Thanks for the support,

BBD

Other people are reporting on the filming going on in Japan.

That should be interesting... :)

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing this!!:ultracool

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apparently it will be one of two new episodes. The other one being Tae Kwon Do.

Here is another post from the same board:

Big Bill Duff

Re: Questions for Bill and Jason.
Posted: Sep 27, 2007 4:28 PM (26 of 27)

Irish,

It is true I just arrived in Japan and we start production today on our Ninja training. I cant wait.

And thank you to all the Masters, Students, and Viewers who post on the boards. I enjoy reading some of the historical debates and weapons talk.

BBD

newtothe dark

Purple Belt
Reaction score
That is great !!! I love that show I watch it with my son. But please dont let it start another boom hehe

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
That is great !!! I love that show I watch it with my son. But please dont let it start another boom hehe

Never thought of that, hopefully they will present it in a manner that will not draw in the fringe bit of society.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was surprised that they didn't have one scheduled to begin with... Almost figured that they couldn't schedule it. Because it seems like it would have been right up the alley of what they're trying to do!

ffracer297

White Belt
Reaction score
Look forward to seeing that one. My daughter and I look forward to watching that show and it has opened up her eyes to other martial arts around the world other than what she has been learning at her school.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My instructor Rob Renner confirmed they were there filming and it was for real as he is there now. By the tone of the email I suspect filming is over at the hombu? I am not sure, though. He said it was fun! I do have a picture he sent of them along with the email, but I do not have permission to post it.

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
They're not going to stick just with Bujinkan, are they? That wouldn't really go with the spirit of the show, IMO.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
They're not going to stick just with Bujinkan, are they? That wouldn't really go with the spirit of the show, IMO.

I have no idea. Being that I am in the Bujinkan, I couldn't tell you if they were visiting anywhere else. All I know is what I have been told from my instructor in Japan.

newtothe dark

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Human Weapon : Ninjutsu Airs on Friday December 14 10:00 PM
Jason Chambers and Bill Duff venture back to the Land of the Rising Sun to study one of the most mysterious, subversive, and deadly martial arts in the world--Ninjutsu. From the electric streets of Tokyo to the misty mountains of North Japan--our hosts will wield the swords, throwing stars, and violent takedowns of the Ninja. They'll explore the secret passages of a 300-year-old Ninjutsu barracks, and hone the secret fighting tactics of Japan's immortal shadow warriors. And it's all in preparation for one ultimate challenge: a back-to-back showdown with two Ninjutsu masters.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Get ready for a terrifying flurry of life-threatening adjectives and adjective phrases—deadly, lethal, brutal, ancient, secret, subversive, shadowy, mysterious, ultimate,....um... really deadly, extremely lethal....

... hide me!!!! :lol:

Monadnock

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I'd be curious to know what elements of Ninjutsu they would be studying. Is Ninjutsu taught in the Bujinkan? Maybe if someone could define what it is exactly I'll know what to look for in the show. Will the fight at the end of the show involve sneaking up on the opponent, or will they fight face to face?

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd be curious to know what elements of Ninjutsu they would be studying. Is Ninjutsu taught in the Bujinkan? Maybe if someone could define what it is exactly I'll know what to look for in the show. Will the fight at the end of the show involve sneaking up on the opponent, or will they fight face to face?

Jason and Bill were filming for a couple of days at the hombu dojo (Bujinkan dojo). Hope that helps.

I am not sure of what they did for the challenge.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, it has to be better than the Mythbusters episode. ;)

From what I've seen of this series, it's hit or miss, but does give you good feel for the arts, and entice you to look deeper at the ones that catch your interest.

Latest Discussions