How much of an advantage is a knife?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
How, foolish???

I view myself as a prepared warrior ready to do battle.

So, how many times did you say you had been stabbed?

Anyone who thinks going unarmed against a weapon is no big deal is being foolish. Or delusional.

Crazy Eyes

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
So, how many times did you say you had been stabbed?

Anyone who thinks going unarmed against a weapon is no big deal is being foolish. Or delusional.
I have a number of defensive slashes on my wrists and forearms, but as to serious stabbings, I've been tagged three times. The last time some punk got me in a lovehandle, too bad for him it didn't take me down.

As for thinking it's no big deal to face a weapon, I did not mean that. What I did mean is the sight of a blade does not frighten me, I feel the ice water flow through my veins, the crazy begins to glaze over my eyes, and then I know it's game time.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have a number of defensive slashes on my wrists and forearms, but as to serious stabbings, I've been tagged three times. The last time some punk got me in a lovehandle, too bad for him it didn't take me down.

As for thinking it's no big deal to face a weapon, I did not mean that. What I did mean is the sight of a blade does not frighten me, I feel the ice water flow through my veins, the crazy begins to glaze over my eyes, and then I know it's game time.
My apologies but I don't believe you.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A knife is only as dangerous as the one who wields it. As someone who has been stabbed numerous times and lived to tell the tale, let me tell you something. A blade don't impress me much.
You need to improve your self defense. If you are getting stuck numerous times, you are either lacking in your fighting abilities or you are lacking in your fighting abilities.

Crazy Eyes

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
You are not a warrior. Get over it.
Everyday I put on my uniform and only get to strap on a flashlight. I go out there and take risks to protect life and property. What would you say I am, then?

Crazy Eyes

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
You need to improve your self defense. If you are getting stuck numerous times, you are either lacking in your fighting abilities or you are lacking in your fighting abilities.
I admit to that. I don't have much in the way of hand to hand training, that's why I'm at this site.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Everyday I put on my uniform and only get to strap on a flashlight. I go out there and take risks to protect life and property. What would you say I am, then?

How many police reports are you involved with?
Hospital reports?
Are there any open investigations on you for your violence and interactions with those who are into violence?

I know from my past that there could be situations where the police are looking into you and wondering why your name appears on the reports.
If the police are looking into you then you are not the police just like the police are not the military.

The uniform does not make a person.

Crazy Eyes

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
You're right, the uniform doesn't make the man. But what it does is give me the authority to be the law of the mall.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In all seriousness if you are a mall cop why not just call the police if a person with a knife is threatening people. Yes you may need to step in but I would think that usually the threat of police showing up would make most people in a mall leave without stabbing someone.
Now gang violence is another story but usually that is between a small group and they do not usually involve other people and run at the sound of police showing up. Once again police should be called so if the suspect is fleeing why not get a good description of him/her and let the police do their job.
Stopping a shoplifter might put you in danger of them pulling a knife but I would think that would be a rare occurrence. Proper training on how to apprehend a shoplifter and what danger signs to look for might help in stopping you from being cut again

Crazy Eyes

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'd rather die on my feet facing some knife-wielding psycho, than live in impotence as I watch and wait for the police. That's just the way heroes and warriors are built.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Maybe this is a bad answer nut im my opinion; about as good as the person holding the knife.

Someone who knows what they are doing are probably confident and well capable of dealing with weapons the situation

Crazy Eyes

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Maybe this is a bad answer nut im my opinion; about as good as the person holding the knife.

Someone who knows what they are doing are probably confident and well capable of dealing with weapons the situation
Quoted for truth.

I may not be the most skilled combatant, but I have no qualms taking a slash if it puts me into a position to perform a disarm or debilitating strike.

Crazy Eyes

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
My apologies but I don't believe you.
Then believe this.

Each time I've faced an armed thug, despite my lack of training and weaponry, I always come out on top. You know why? It's mindset. People who have witnessed it have told me my eyes glaze over, and inside my head I hear the Flower Duet playing loudly.

One time, it was so loud inside my mind I couldn't hear myself scream from a screwdriver stab.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Then believe this.

Each time I've faced an armed thug, despite my lack of training and weaponry, I always come out on top. You know why? It's mindset. People who have witnessed it have told me my eyes glaze over, and inside my head I hear the Flower Duet playing loudly.

One time, it was so loud inside my mind I couldn't hear myself scream from a screwdriver stab.
You're killing me dude.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Then believe this.

Did all that damage with your flashlight against an armed thug? OK. I believe you. I really do. Really, I do!!

Last edited:

sinthetik_mistik

Purple Belt
Reaction score
i had posted something about guns without looking at the name of the thread which is about knives so i deleted it

Last edited:

Latest Discussions