How much of an advantage is a knife?

Discussion in 'Security and Bouncers' started by Joab, Dec 29, 2008.

1. gpseymour

gpseymour MT Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

• Supporting Member
    2:36 was some dude talking, followed by some ground work. Can you double-check the time sig?

2. drop bear

drop bear Sr. Grandmaster

try from about 2:07.

3. Rat

Rat 2nd Black Belt

Either or, a knife is far more useful than a firearm in my eyes. (plus i cant carry a firearm anyway)

I put somethinking into it, i think its just the way the two happen and how you are meant to fight with them which makes the knife look worse. Like cutting somones jugular out seems to do more damage than shooting them. (objectively speaking a firearm does more damage as it carries a shockwave with it as well)

thats my hypothisis anyway, its just how you fight with both probbly paints one as more dangerous than the other. Its purely psychological as both can easily kill you though. Plus maybe seeing films where characers die to a knife more easily than gunfire probbly influences this.

Is that from cold steel?

4. dvcochran

dvcochran Senior Master

• Supporting Member
    The basic principal in Kali, slice whatever is closest to you. They offer a hand cut it, then the forearm, then the elbow, etc... More slices than stabs.
    I would be cautious of anyone with a knife, experience aside. Range is important, ala turn around and run like heck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1