How do you keep your wavemaster from sliding all over the garage?

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't think WM's have the best design. I bought one myself because they're way cheaper than the alternatives, and water's easier to handle than sand. That said, I've read a lot of online accounts saying the the shaft eventually snaps. (Where Century's warranty comes into play) Century's documentation also warns you not to place the WM directly on concrete.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Marginal said:
I don't think WM's have the best design. I bought one myself because they're way cheaper than the alternatives, and water's easier to handle than sand. That said, I've read a lot of online accounts saying the the shaft eventually snaps. (Where Century's warranty comes into play) Century's documentation also warns you not to place the WM directly on concrete.
I guess that's the old cliche', "one gets what they pay for".

On the other hand, sonething with a higher price tag is not always better (Foreign cars vs some US domestic)

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
kanjc said:
Have you thought about putting that paint-on skid resistant bedliner stuff on the bottom?
Is that the "rubber" stuff painted/sprayed on the back of those trucks? That is a thought...
%think%

- Ceicei

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
bignick said:
Get a hanging bag...

Sorry, not exactly helpful but I'm not the biggest fan of freestanding bags...I don't like the way the weight reacts...although the BOB bags can be fun...
I'm with BigNick on this one!!
Get a water-bag.

Other than that...if you don't want to scrap the 'wavemaster', try a liberal dose of epoxy on the cement floor of your garage....place the (emptied) wave master firmly down on it while still hot. Let it cool, fill it with water...and have fun while it lasts.

It's about all you can do.
For me, why work on a bag if you can't exert power with it? These things, you can exert power...once.....then you walk across the room....pick it up and drag it back to where you wanted it...........and try it again. Don't do what my friend did!!!!! She had it set a couple of feet infront of some mirrors she was going to hang on a wall. She'd spent some time really developing her kicking power. One day "WHAM"........"Crash!!"
not good. (of course she blames herself, should have had more foresight than that....but still, a hanging bag?? never.)

Get a hanging bag. I highly recomend a water bag. You won't be sad you did. If you can't hang a bag due to structural reasons....invest in a stand. There are affordable ones.

Your Brother
John

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The rubber "bag" that fits over the bottom works ok, it still moves as you hit it. I think the only way to really cut that down is either have it in a corner where you can position 2x4's from the corner out to create a holding block, or bolting a box around the base to the concrete, both may be out of the question.

7sm

A

Andy Cap

What I have done is taken a sheet of Celotec rigid foam insulation and cut it in half lenthwise. I then put one length along a wall from teh corner in my garange and hen the other length goes along the other wall. This creates a 2' buffer. then I slide the WM right into that corner. Now when i hit the bag it does not slide because the Celotec is between it and the wall preventing it from sliding, and it is far enough from teh wall that it doesn't hit the wall when I hit it.

dsp921

Green Belt
Reaction score
I would think if you secure the base to the floor and allow no movement, the post will crack where it meets the base pretty quick. Some movement is necessary to disperse the energy (and save your wrists). Sticking it in the corner with some means of buffering it from the wall would be OK since the bag would be able to tilt slightly. That would still probably cause premature failure of the base, though. If you really hate it, put it up for sale and get a hanging bag (with stand if necessary). The freestanding bags are designed to move.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Ceicei said:
Is that the "rubber" stuff painted/sprayed on the back of those trucks? That is a thought...
%think%

- Ceicei
No, its not rubber, and it doesnt keep object from sliding...

kanjc

Orange Belt
Reaction score
There is a couple of different kinds, there is the rhino liner type stuff that gets really hard, which would not work well for this application. Then there is the rubber bed liner that you put on, when applied in several coats so that you have a nice thick base it should stay pliable and not slide very much but, still allow the wavemaster to rock like it should..

T

TCA

Go with the slide. Circle the bag while you kick it to keep it centered.

Latest Discussions