How did you hear about MartialTalk?

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I think I found it under a search for Martial Arts forums on the internet. I sure am glad I found it! It's one of my most favorite MA sites! :)

Robyn:)

T

tonbo

I heard about it on rec.martial-arts. The original link that led me here was one on a Tai Chi Day (I don't remember the original post, but it was on the 6th of April, if I remember right).

Anyway, I dropped in and was amazed at the awesome caliber of people here. I stayed, and haven't looked back since.

Peace--

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I can't remember but it seems as if it was posted on another forum/news letter that i used to belong to.
Just glad i found it Its a good place to be
Shadow

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I actually don't remember :confused: But I'm glad I did. One reason is there is so many different people and arts here. And everyone is so friendly (for the most part). I love it because there is so few (what I call) chat trolls (people that start fights and/or are rude). It's a cool place to relax and chat about MA with decent people :)

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by tonbo

I heard about it on rec.martial-arts. The original link that led me here was one on a Tai Chi Day

Heh, that was me who posted that in hopes of leading people here.

I found out about it from Renegade.

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As I mentioned elsewhere on the board before, I had stayed away from RMA for several years due to the general craptitude and lack of substance. I wasn't surprised to find that in my time away from it, things had actually gotten worse.

Lucky for me, Kaith had a post with a link to the site.

Ain't looked back since.

Cthulhu
damn stitches are itchin'

Turner

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Chiduce had the link placed in our organization's newsletter and I, always looking for good martial arts conversation, eagerly joined and haven't been disappointed.

T

The Sapphire Ping Dragon

I found about out about this site by my very good friend, The Opal Dragon!!! ;) Isn't she nice!:)

Brittany :asian:

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Sapphire Ping Dragon

I found about out about this site by my very good friend, The Opal Dragon!!! ;) Isn't she nice!:)

Brittany :asian:

Yes! She is nice!!!!!:D :D :D

Robyn:boing1:

Dronak

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
I heard about this board from the rec.martial-arts newsgroup. When I started training, I started reading it again and had posted an intro that got absolutely zero response. I saw a post from someone here (I suspect a mod, but I can't actually remember) with a link to the board, so I decided to check it out. My intro post here got some replies and that helped keep me here. I still post updates on my training to that thread of mine when I have them. :)

T

tonbo

Hehe....Funny that a number of people here came from RMA. MartialTalk is what I was wanting out of RMA: a decent group of friendly, no B.S. people who actually had something intelligent to say.

Such a refreshing break from the "Did not" "Did too" and "Yeah, well, I challenge you to a fight, ya wuss" kind of conversation that RMA has degenerated into (has always been?).

This is a much nicer place, and I respect the people here MUCH more.

:asian: to you all.

Peace--

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree...Its funny that so many folks mention RMA. That was part of my intention, to set up a place thats got the info of RMA, without the BS.

I'm glad many thing we've succeded. :)

:asian:

D

disciple

I had always been searching for a good martial arts forum when I found this site. I think I found it when it was just started but didn't join until much later :D I think this site is informative yet funny as it is full of people such as Gou and friends...and that's what keep me here

salute

:asian:

warder

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I found Martial Talk through the link Kyle Saunders has on his schools web page.

Latest Discussions