Help Needed With Essay Plz Reply With Private Message

OP
Y

Yoda

no ..really i didnt know that (sarcastic)

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not to sound like a jerk, but if you can't expound on the tenets of tae kwon do enough to right a paper, I think there is a bit of a problem.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yoda,

There are many Tae Kwon Do practitioners here on the board who would probably be more then happy to help you in whatever way possible however, perhaps you can tell us what you have already written and what you feel is missing.

Typing, help me please, isn't enough information for anyone to go by. Help the good people here out and expand on your thoughts a little. This is a discussion board and for there to be good discussion it has to go both ways. :) Also, viewing the threads here on the forum might be a good start on getting the information you need to complete your paper.

Just MHO.

Lisa

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, I may have came off a little gruff...

Let's hear what you have...nobody is gonna write the paper for you, but I will be more than happy to discuss your thoughts on the tenets and compare them with mine...

For those following that aren't familiar with them:
Courtesy
Integrity
Perserverance
Self-Control
Indominable Spirit

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
bignick said:
Courtesy
Integrity
Perserverance
Self-Control
Indominable Spirit

You could take each one and write on how your training in TKD and in your particular dojang has helped inculcate these qualities.
You could write about people in your life who've exemplified these qualities and what you can learn from them.
You could write out ideas on how YOU could influence others and encourage them to find these qualities w/in themselves.

just some quick thoughts......

Your Brother
John

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Write it on "depth of penetration" vs "distance from your opponent in a fight". The transitions should be food for thought in and of themselves.
Sean

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
How old are you? What grade are you in? I could be of more help if I knew a few things about school.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Courtesy
Integrity
Perserverance
Self-Control
Indominable Spirit : These are are Tenets, now for your paper you said you need to write for your BB test are you a Dan tester or a poom. Secondly your paper how long and what subject are needed beside the Tenets, like what are your personal goals for the next twenty years. Has your training been apart of everyday life. If you look I've been doing this for a great many years and I'll help but need some info. on whet your instructor gave you as a guideline of your thesis. Please PM me if you like and I'll help in anyway possible. Yoda that is my wife nickname anyway I looked at your Bio and it has no info. about you. It say you are a BB already or hoping to be one. Next are you ITF or WTF or Kukkiwon that will help in your paper.
Terry Lee Stoker

OP
Y

Yoda

Help Needed With Essay Plz Reply With Private Message

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brother John said:
You could take each one and write on how your training in TKD and in your particular dojang has helped inculcate these qualities.
You could write about people in your life who've exemplified these qualities and what you can learn from them.
You could write out ideas on how YOU could influence others and encourage them to find these qualities w/in themselves.

These are some good ideas. You will actually have to write the paper. No one here is going to do your work. That would cheat you in the learning of the task. Would anybody do your kicks for you in the black belt test? No, and it is the same with the paper. It is a task of the love you have for Taekwondo.

Take each tenet....like Courtesy. Have you become more courteous towards other people? Name some examples-like three examples, with details for each example. Define Courtesy, what it means to you. Have you learned courtesy from other people in your life? Have you influenced or encouraged others, like in school, or in TKD class, movie theatre, restaurant or at home, to become more courteous-respectful in words and actions towards others?

This can be applied to each tenet. You just have to ask yourself the questions.

Courtesy, Integrity, Self-Control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit. Look them up, ask your Mom and Dad what they mean. Then ask yourself what they mean to you now as you reach the black belt test. Your meaning is the most important. Think about it.

Maybe when you are finished, you will post your paper to us as well. I for one am looking forward to reading it. Work hard on it! :) TW

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yoda why are you not looking back at your other post you have been answered by some great people that need some additional info. to try and help you. By posting it again it look like you are not happy with the responses they have given you. We as being apart of this forum are here to learn and help those that ask, please look back at your other thread and give some more info. so those that are qualify can help you with ideals.
Terry

Xequat

Black Belt
Reaction score
I can't help with ideas, not being a tkd practioner, but I can edit like crazy, in case you need a proofreader.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Posting multiple threads in the same section because you probably received answers you didn't like isn't the best way to get responses. There are a bunch of people in the other thread that tried to help and are waiting for response and followup to help more...

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yosa I have ask you some pretty basic question to see what you really need as far as info. for your paper but you just refuse to answer any question, do you want help? Really I look back at this thread tonight to see if you responsed or not. Have a wonderful day
Terry

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Why not take each of the tenets and explain how you practice them at home, at school, and at the dojang?

For example, the first tenet is "courtesy." At home, you are courteous to your parents by being respectful, listening and obeying them. At school, you are courteous by greeting teachers, other students and administrators, helping clean up after yourself at lunch and in the classroom. At the dojang, you exhibit courtesy by bowing to yudanja or your sonbae, being a good example to whobae.

Just an idea....

Good luck!

Miles

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well it is 9pm central timw and I'm checking in Yoda and you have not responded to my question. So I expect you do not need help anymore.
Terry

Latest Discussions